Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:31 pm
User Image
Lady Fedran Fariel

A light amid the terrors,
A dance among the pains,
And a flare between the fates.

This all is but a trace.

"Epithel..." the stranger said calmly, about to continue.
"Epithel Shekari, I believe?" Fedran asked as she rose from a nearby brush, "I believe your captive has gone missing."
She looked up to Tia with a knowing smile and tilted her head to her left.
"I appreciate your standing in his aid, Tia."

"And who are you?" Epithel demanded, spinning on his heel.
Fedran smiled, "My name is Fedran Fariel. Perhaps you have heard of me?"
A bolt of lightning marked the disappearance of the figure standing between the two women.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:09 pm
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

Tia's eyes widened slightly underneath the ever so slightly worn black fabric of her hat, her irises darkening significantly and her pupils growing smaller as her head snapped up, her ears picking up her name. Her hat fell off of her dark haired head, and fell behind her, rolling so both the top and brim were touching the sand. She hadn't expected to have another of divinity appear, and address her as what she was pretending to be. Or perhaps, she was surprised that it was Fedran that came.

Her mouth parted ever so slightly, her lips dropping from the slight grin they had withheld moments ago. She tilted her head, hair spilling from the loose binding she had thrust it into as soon as Jack had cleared the ship. Now, she looked back to the Duchess as it began to sail away, doubting that her absence had been noted, if it would be. Her son had been so lost in his own emotions, and she had seen Scarlett's overly forward move. Even now, both anger and relief at the notion surged through her.

She had blamed herself partially for Jack's dilemma, but she could not deny Scarlett's heritage. Not allowing much more thought on that for the moment, she was not entirely sure the emotions tied to those thoughts should be allowed to course through her and cloud her thoughts at that moment. By the time she had turned though, to answer Fedran, Epithel was gone, the flash of light making her narrow her eyes.

The sand around her became unsettled as she stood up, her stance shifting into a watchful one, eyes first scanning the sky, taking on the hue of the blue sky as she did so, before letting her gaze fall to where he had just been. The waves crashed ever so more forcefully on the shore, and a few clouds began to draw to the skies, but no storm threatened to break out.

"Where did he go?" Tia asked, her voice not considerably releasing any sort of emotion, but yet retaining a sense of confusion.

[OutrageousObliviousCats:]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:28 pm
User Image
Lady Fedran Fariel

A light amid the terrors,
A dance among the pains,
And a flare between the fates.

This all is but a trace.

Fedran's smile faded into a concerned straightness as she looked to where the bolt had led. No sign of Epithel's retreat were present, but she nodded knowingly as she turned her head back to face Calypso. "Epithel will not be returning to this vicinity, so long as he knows I am here," she declared calmly, "He may be resourceful, but he is equally cowardly."
A moment passed in silence for her, in which she turned to where she had indicated with the hint of Erathis' location. In the distance no particular lighting could be seen, which led her to assume Epithel had not taken any indirect route to where Erathis had gone. Her shoulders dropped however upon seeing the Duchess departing, and her eyes grew reflective with the single tear welling in her right eye.
As she mustered the resolve to speak, Fedran's expression grew increasingly concerned and upset. "Tessa insisted on taking the route to Isle de Morta, despite our every protest Calypso. It's out of my domain; I know only what I have heard from speaking with her but from what I've concluded she's heading into a suicide inevitability." Her breathing grew heavier, and she closed her eyes with a slight anger forming in her face, "I can't believe her sometimes, but I knew Erathis had contracted the ship here, I could only conclude you would show eventually."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 am
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

Calypso's eyes darkened alarmingly quickly, and her brow furrowed. Her head turned towards the east, and she narrowed her eyes. The Duchess was nearly a full day away from the Isle, but Calypso could get there quickly. Quickly enough to stop Tessa. Although, she hesitated in offering a reply, the words on the tip of her tongue as she faltered in action. Rain fell from the sky, taking the place of the tears that threatened to fall from Calypso's eyes. The rain touched her face and left wet trails down her cheeks, down her shoulders, and bounced off of her clenched fists.

"She had him, she had him and it was she who left," A great deal of anger laced Calypso's words as her hands shook slightly. "She broke his heart, and now will threaten to take it away forever," Her eyes closed, bitter tears mixing with the rain. She could feel pain for her son, sorrow, and fear. She also felt a pain she had left locked away in memory, however faintly.

"I will stop her," Calypso said, opening her eyes suddenly, her voice filled with a large conflict of emotions. The wind became unsettled ever so slightly and played with the ends of her hair as she looked to the sky with a glare. There was a reason she had summoned the hurricane the first time, and she nearly summoned another one, only to remember it is Jack that Tessa would need more.

"Farewell Fedran," Calypso said after a moment more, before wading into the water. She seemed to dissolve into it as soon as her bare foot touched the water, grayed by the reflection of the now dimmed sky. Feeling the ocean welcome her, the familiar leap of joy for her freedom rushed into her. She could see everything, feel everything, touch everything. In this state she stayed for a moment more before she stepped out on the now stormy shore of Isle de Morta.

The wind whipped her hair about her as she stood in the middle of the sandy beach, looking towards the jungle with a blank stare. Within were vampires, thirsty, for no living thing dwelled there now, save for in the temple. Calypso knew however, that they feared the temple. Great evil made its home there, great evil that made even her wary of its solid jade walls, veined with blood. Her eyes shifted from the dark of the jungle to the rocky cliffs that marked the north face of the central island. She searched for Tessa, disallowing panic to enter her mind.

"Tessa?" She asked, her voice rising over the roar of the wind and echoing across the island. The vampires in their city of stone in the volcano heard her and cringed, waking several, and several knew of her wrath.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 am
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Seriel lay broken in seven pieces upon the beach, and a short way into the jungle and up a ways into a tree Tessa sat curled into the trunk with her head in her hands. All sign of power had faded from her being, and upon hearing her name she unclasped the sheath of her weapon and tossed it to the ground at Calypso's feet, followed shortly thereafter by the girl herself.
For the most part, she seemed alive and well, though she did not seem anything less than struck by pains both physical and emotional. As if by reflex she looked behind her deeper into the jungle before she finally set her eyes to Calypso.
"I thought he would come," she said in a voice barely even a whisper, "I thought he might realize who he continually abandons, and I hoped he would have continued as he had, but in the end, what have I done but seen my every closest friend and even my guide, slain in my defense?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:55 am
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

"He did not abandon you, you left him when he was in need," Calypso said, her eyes narrowing. "And he is coming. When you left he had nowhere to look Tessa," Calypso closed her eyes, biting back the anger in her tones, her eyes unreadable. "114 days alone Tessa, fighting self hate, fighting himself, disallowing himself to be with the one whom he once swore his life to. He has punished himself enough, do you want to be the one to carve his heart out?"

The sea Goddess knelt down and touched the dampened sand tenderly. "For you to throw away your life for something as bitter as love is..." Calypso shook her head, bowing her head ever so slightly. "Have you no pride? Any will to prove those who have treated you wrong? No wrath?" Calypso asked, looking up at Tessa, not wiping away the tears that mingled with the rain, and were displayed openly.

"It hurts me to see your pain," She said, standing again. "But Jack is still partly man, surely you can see that! He is clouded by mortal wants because he know no better. From the start he wished to cast away his past, and in his heart be completely with you. But, he is now conflicted. Unknowingly, you have caused him to question himself, his being, the vampire part of him that he is growing to hate. He will no longer see what he loves if this continues Tessa," Calypso said, her voice wavering ever so slightly.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:10 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa's eyes widened as doubtful accusation rose both within herself and from Calypso's continual words. She turned away quickly, half to hide her shame and partly to mask her loathing for the situation immediately at hand. Her hair fell in a slight mess over her shoulder, but with a halfhearted sigh she tossed it back behind her.
"I was raised by a pacifistic priestess, Calypso. Raised without care for many of the troubles within myself, be they spite or envy, even such as wrath. It does not surprise me that in fact the worst of all this came about as a result of my own deeds, but now there's nothing I can do, and Jack is still so far gone..." Her voice trailed off and she turned back to Calypso, slowly.
And yet she is right here... Tessa realized. All this time she had given up on finding a way to help Jack to hold some stability in his own life, and she could hardly blame him for any of it; enough had happened that his every evident idiocy laid itself as completely justifiable. Calypso had mentioned the full length of their travel, which Tessa could only assume meant Jack was still far closer to Tessalona then he was to her, which left only how she had come this far in seemingly no time at all.
"Can..." she faltered for a moment, "can you take me to him?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:32 am
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

Calypso nodded, a slight sigh of relief escaping her lips as she stepped forwards. Then, a slight fear flickered across her eyes for a moment as she remembered Scarlett and she hesitated. "Do not take anything that you see regarding Jack and Scarlett seriously, please, do not blame him if there is anything. I can promise you that he misses you, and wants nothing more than you," Calypso said, looking back towards the sea. It was still raining a steady drizzle and the sea goddess wiped her face before turning back towards Tessa, offering her hand for her to take.

Still sadness lingered in her heart, and anger still remained. More than that though, urgency rang through her heart as she heard movement in the jungle, feet running towards them.

"Quickly!" Calypso said, her hand still outstretched as she began to hurry towards the water. She shirked away from the broken blade though and stopped just before the waterline, waiting for Tessa impatiently. In her mind's eye, she had located the precise location of the Duchess and was preparing to flow through the ocean to it.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:44 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa could not help but feel a pre-emptive stab of betrayal at the mention of Jack and Scarlett, but again she could hardly blame him. With a quick glance behind her, she questioned how any of it could have even happened, but even with the pair's tendency to make an attempt on each others' lives she could only guess time had told the possibilities.
She heard the sounds of those approaching, but for a long moment did not move. Her skin crawled with her emotions, but in the end she also knew Calypso was right; she would have to stand for herself, be it by pride or no. Still the sounds drew closer, and she merely clenched her fists and lowered her head.
"I've lost everything else... I'm not going to lose Jack, too." She said quietly before spinning on her heel and darting to Calypso, her hand reaching for the goddess'.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:56 am
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

Calypso simultaneously touched Tessa's hand and the water, sending them into it, and spreading them both out over the ocean, the immense freedom of it thrilling Calypso before she pulled them back into the world aboard the Duchess. Her eyes searched the deck and saw Jack leaning against the railing, looking out with a blank stare on his face. Calypso took a step forwards and Jack turned, looking to her blankly before looking to Tessa, life flickering within him and his eyes lit with joy, before fear consumed them and he stepped back, his eyes still fixed on Tessa.

"You came back," He said with a hoarse edge to his tone, dark gold eyes looking Tessa over, before wandering questioningly to her eyes, however fearful he may be. Calypso stood by warily, in case anything should happen and cast a warning glare at Scarlett who had stepped forwards, sporting a bruised cheek that had a slight gash on it. The girl stepped back and looked on to Jack with concern.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:11 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa took a moment to reorient herself from the sudden great distance she had traveled. Still her eyes found Jack and did not move from him. She felt a burning in her eyes, despite her every effort to maintain calm and tears began to fall freely from both eyes. "Yes..." she said after several seconds, "I did come back."
She had little enough to say as it was, and already knew she could never fully comprehend the man she loved, but in her experience learning was fully half of it. She moved slowly past him and to the door of the cabin, before she laid her hand against the door frame and leaned nearly away from it. After a second though, she removed it and walked to the opposite railing and seated herself such that her head lay across the banister.
"I would much rather discuss this calmly, Jack..." she said in a declarative tone, "there's been enough harm done already."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:21 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"Of course," Jack said, his voice calm, hushed almost, and he made no attempt to move closer to Tessa. He cast a questioning glance at his mother and sighed, lowering his gaze to the deck. This allowed him a moment to collect his thoughts and form an intelligent sentence.

"I am sorry. I should not have taken out on you what I should have been able to control," Jack said slowly, bringing his gaze back up to Tessa. "It was never my intention to hurt you it just..." He trailed off, too many questions, emotions, and thoughts bombarding his mind to speak for a moment. He let his gaze slip back to the deck and furrowed his brow.

"Where were you?" Jack asked, his eyes, still looking towards the deck burned with a quiet anger. "Where did you go when I needed you. You abandoned me Tessa-"

"That is quite enough!" Calypso said harshly to Jack which rendered him speechless, with a touch of fear mixed in with his surprise. Calypso stepped close to him. "She was in the jungle of Isle de Morta, about to throw away her life because of you," Jack bit back a remark and let his anger drop. Calypso stepped away, bringing herself between Scarlett and Jack. Jack looked back up to Tessa, concerned.

"You were going to kill yourself, because of me? Why?" He asked, hurt. This was his fault, he rightly knew it, but even still.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:35 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa lowered her eyes to the deck and absent-mindedly raised the lacing across her shoulder. She closed her eyes for what seemed an eternity, several tears forced out of each in the vain attempt to hide them. She raised her knees to her chest and wrapped both arms about them, her face contemplative and confused.
"Neither of us were there for the other, Jack." she said in a broken voice, "If you look at it, after all this time we've both had our share of idiocy and disagreements, but I can't help but notice a trend here. You said once, before we... yes, we, set out for Tessalona that we could stop at port for a week or so and spend some time together, give the crew some time to relax for a change of pace, but just when I thought we could have that chance, no sooner do we arrive then we are off again."
Her eyes opened, and she let out a slight sniffle as her breathing quickened beyond her comfort, coming in raspy gasps as it was.
"I've lost everything, Jack... my mother, my closest friends and comrades, and now... now I'm left without my guide and mentor, and so very near lost you..."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:10 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Despite Calypso's raised eyebrow, Jack gave in to his instinct to help and went over to Tessa, sitting by her with a concerned look in his eyes. "I would have looked Tessa, if I had known where to go." Jack said softly. Behind him, Scarlett glared at him, hate welling within her. Before Calypso had stopped her, she had hit Jack, knocked him sideways and away from Tessa, so that he slid across the deck. The crew momentarily stopped, and Jack stared at Scarlett, who had glared had Tessa before moving closer.

"You are undoubtedly the most low creature I have ever met Jack Cortez," Scarlett snarled, her voice low but laced with enough poison to ensure that she was furious. "And after all I went through with you, just to find a slap in the face, sand in the eye and a pathetic-" She cut off, looking at Tessa. "Girl taking everything I ever had away from me," She turned her gaze back to Jack and stepped over him, glaring at him in the face. "I cannot believe that I loved you," She said bitterly before Calypso seized her arm and dragged her away. Jack stared after her, shocked. "Jack! Please! Can you be so blind as not see what you are doing?"

After Calypso had calmed the weeping Scarlett and pulled her below deck, Jack looked to Tessa, an apologetic look in his eyes, as he pulled himself up from the deck, pain creasing his brow as he forgot how strong Scarlett was, being as much of a vampire as he was. "Tessa, don't listen to her, she is..." He couldn't find words to fit Scarlett, and moved closer to Tessa, crouching on the deck.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:40 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"She is none of my concern," Tessa said calmly, "it's as simple as that. I've tried numerous times to save her life, and yet nothing seems to change."
She brought her head up to look into Jack's eyes and froze for a moment, caught between her own forlorn fears, her hopes and her despair. Her eyes betrayed each of these, but in turn her face was unreadable through the mix of them. For a moment all she could think of was the worst case scenario in which she would be left behind, but she snapped to attention in the realization that such lines of thought would eventually lead themselves into reality subconsciously.
"I guess all I really needed was to see if you would have come or not. I went to the only place I thought you were guaranteed to come, but I was mistaken. I guess now all that's left is to question what our next move is?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games