Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:50 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

By the time twilight had fallen, the ship had reached the island. On deck a crowd had gathered and Henry stood next to Jack, looking at Scarlett who in turn was looking at Jack with a glare, fear flickering into them ever so often as the plank moved with the ship. Her hands were free yet, and a gun was strapped to her boot, as well as a knife. An unearthly silence had fallen over the ship as Jack had gathered the crew, seeming to be the right mood for a funeral.

"Well Scarlett," Jack said expectantly, making a shooing notion with his hands, Henry attempting to break free of his bonds again. Jack shot him a glare and a deck hand pulled on his gag.

"Jack...please...please..." Scarlett pleaded, and Jack's eyes narrowed as the last rays of sun glinted off of her engagement ring. "I love you, I always have," She pleaded again, the bruise and cut on her face oozing black blood. Jack faltered in his advance towards her for a moment before he continued, getting close to her and reaching for her hands before again her lips met his, her hands clutching feverishly at his neck. For a bittersweet moment, Jack let his guard down and merely savored it, letting his hand ventured to her waist, pulling him to her before pulling her hands down and himself pulling away, her wrists bound with rope.

"You b*****d!" Henry shouted, his gag bit clean through. His eyes were wide, nostrils flared, and Jack let his eyes venture away from his before stepping away.

"How great is your love for her if she cannot persuade you against your own ways," Scarlett asked, choked with tears. "I always knew you were stubborn, but you were never cruel. Never cruel..." Jack stopped even as the first wind picked up, tossing the raised colors around, nearly forgetting his mother.

"Great enough not to listen to you," Jack replied before taking his place, but Calypso's voice chilled him.

"No son of mine would ever abandon one he loves," She said, standing behind Scarlett. Her eyes were dark, and her chin was held high as she leveled her gaze with Jack. Jack faltered for an answer and instead looked to Henry, who had fallen to his knees.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:03 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa awoke from a light sleep with a start, and immediately she knew from the prior dream she was brought to mind in more than a simple matter. The sound of a muffled collapse on the deck alerted her hearing, and already she knew she was probably too late, but the worst she could do even if she was would be to make a fool of herself.
She ran to the door of the cabin and hurled it open just to step outside and hold her breath and position in seeing Henry as he was. Jack, Scarlett and Henry each, three of the most heartless people she knew, regardless of her love for one of them. She reached into her hair and brought a small lock in front of her face to view, and for a moment frowned that she did not have any way to directly impact the situation at hand. Scarlett would forever be beyond her ability to aid, but she was still the Company man's daughter. She could do something, however small...
After a moment's thought she stepped slowly to the man and looked to each of the crewmen about him, before she came down to a crouch, barely within his reach.
"I don't care about your past, nor your intentions in the long run. I realize... to some extent... how you have to be feeling." She took a deep breath and nearly glared up to each of the surrounding crewmen. "If it's any consolation, I tried several times to find her mercy."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:36 pm
User Image

"Does it matter in the end?" Henry asked breathlessly, having eyes only for Calypso as the Goddess glared at Jack. Scarlett fidgeted and looked down to her wrists, attempting to untie herself while hiding the tear that had rolled from her eye.

"This ship was a gift, your Scarlett was a gift, and I can take it all back," Calypso threatened taking a step forwards. She stood close to Jack, her gaze softening unexpectedly. "Your fury is cruel, as is my own. Why must those that have felt death's kiss feel it again?"

"Why weren't you there?" Jack asked, his voice threatening a growling tone. Calypso turned away, her eyes narrowing before her eyes fell to Henry. With rage she turned back to Scarlett and put a hand on her shoulder. The wind whipped up and they were gone, a clattering on the deck revealing that Scarlett's ring had dropped, and Jack stooped to pick it up. Examining it in his palm, Jack suddenly dropped it into his pocket and moved past Henry who was still in shock.

"Bring him below again if you would Mr. Porter," Jack said in a distant voice. "And Tessa, I do suppose I should thank you," He said before moving beyond and back to his quarters, where he sat at his desk and set the ring on its surface, a candle flickering off of it. Shadows lined Jack's face as he narrowed his eyes, studying the gold band with the cut bloodjade skull. Scarlett loved it, it had been her most prized possession.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:45 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa lowered her head and rose to her feet without a word. She moved slowly across the deck, almost as though she had expected every one to be her last. At last she set herself against the center mast and dropped to the floor, her elbow on an upraised knee, forehead in her hand.
None of it made any sense to her. She felt no closer attachment to anyone but Jack, and yet she couldn't help but notice how absolutely often they disputed over nearly anything. A tear fell from her eye as she took a single thought to mind; perhaps life and love are not equal when considered.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:59 pm
The winds again rose and Calypso appeared behind Tessa, her facade surprisingly calm despite the fury she had shown only moments before. Her eyes were dark, like the ocean around them.

"Jack is stubborn, and he has inherited my traits more than his father's, even if he looks more like his father," Calypso said with a chuckle. Her eyes then narrowed as she stood behind Tessa as if hearing bad news. "But he also has my passion, my strengths. Go to him, you will find no fury coming from him towards you, merely guilt," She said, before turning to the side. "Do not mention Scarlett, she is safe however, and I do commend that you attempted to save her,"

Then, the goddess vanished, the swells beyond the ship rising ever so slightly in response.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:13 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa looked up for a moment, speechless. Even in her tenure as a goddess she had learned quickly to fear Calypso, and she hardly felt any better for knowing Jack held many of the same qualities she feared most. Still she had to come to terms with herself; despite how often their opinions differed, he still had her heart in the end, had shown her that he could overcome his worst tendencies. That, if nothing else, brought her to her feet and into the cabin, where she stood quietly in the doorway with a hand to the frame.
"Jack?" She said, just above a whisper, "I'm sorry, for any grief I may have caused..."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:23 pm
User Image

Jack looked up, his eyes unreadable, and it was not discernible what he was about to do as he stood and walked over to her, before he pulled her to him and let his lips roughly press against hers, his eyes instinctively closing even as he closed the door behind Tessa. He pulled away for a moment, very obviously distressed.

"I'm sorry," Jack said, looking into Tessa's eyes for a moment before letting his lips graze her jaw. "So sorry," He murmured by her ear. "I should have listened, should have..." He paused as he looped his arms around Tessa.

"Please, forgive me," He said, looking into her eyes again, his eyes ever so slightly fearful of an answer he did not want. "I lost you once, I cannot bear losing you again."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:33 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa blinked, momentarily stunned by Jack's display of sincerity and regret. Had she known him any less she might have questioned if he was at all honest in the matter but she gently placed her arms about him and kissed his jaw lightly.
"Jack," she whispered, "you did what you believed would be just, I cannot deny that. In the end, am I really any different? The Company ship, who was it that demanded she blindly step away and nearly get herself killed? It was me, Jack; we all make mistakes."
She held him marginally tighter, and her head fell lightly against his chest, though a faint chill found her spine as she noticed the distinct lack of a heartbeat within it. It did not matter to her though; she had chosen her choice. It was not in her power to make him any better a man, only to help show him where she could.
"I forgive you, Jack." She said after several moments, "I'm going nowhere."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:54 pm
User Image

"Good," Jack said, kissing the top of Tessa's head with a small smile. Relief flowed into his features a bit and he relaxed. He traced small circles on her shoulder blade before simply pulling her into a tight embrace, putting his forehead on her head as he gently rocked back and forth from left to right. "We will make sail shortly and leave this place, never to return," He said softly, closing his eyes.
He listened intently on Tessa's heartbeat and let it course through him. However much temptation drew on him, he did not act upon it, or show in any physical way. "This place should be forgotten to us," He said after a short while.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa smiled and nodded her agreement against Jack's chest. After several seconds she lowered her arms to her sides and backed away from him the slightest bit. She looked up into his eyes and gave a faint, knowing smile. She moved her arm in light indication to the bed at the side of the room.
"You've been through too much already, Jack," she said, blinking out her tears, "you deserve some rest. If not for yourself, do it for me, please?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:08 pm
User Image

"Rest?" Jack asked feeling her grip on him break. He opened his mouth to argue before sighing and going to the bed, laying down on his side casually. "Does this make you feel better?" Jack asked teasingly as he ran his hand through his hair, pleased with the cooling feeling it created on his scalp. Tiredness he did not truly feel, as he was far too awake, but his muscles were thankfully for the soft mattress.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:29 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Oh, that depends, Jack." Tessa laughed, "Do you feel any better?"
She wandered about for a minute before seating herself on the bed almost immediately beside him, a hand gently caressing his shoulder. She thought for a moment, and for a moment she seemed to fall into a daze, but she brought herself back to attention and sighed.
"Jack, I just have to ask... It is not generally believed within the lives of either a pirate or a Vampire to truly love somebody, particularly a mortal and yet, here we are. Even so, we've had enough disputes - especially recently - to drive anyone apart, but... it was you who came back to me. Why, Jack? Of all people, why some girl you met in the desert?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 pm
User Image

Jack thought for a moment, his brows coming together, although not in a troubled way, merely pondering the question offered. He opened his mouth to speak several times before he decided on an answer.

"I had a feeling when we met. At first, it was merely a game, before...that night, when you danced. Then, I felt something else, a little voice saying don't lose her, like you did Scarlett. You were a promise of a future that I wanted, and needed. Then, in Isobel's cave, you saved me, when no one else came. I was motherless, had no recollection of a father, and yet someone came to save me that had no reason to," Jack said, touching Tessa's arm with his fingertips softly. "I would say that is the only reason, but that would be a lie," Jack said softly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:12 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa sat still in listening to Jack's explanation. To her faint surprise it nearly mirrored her own initial thoughts. At first with her, everything had been a lie, but her own naivety and the dream relating to her near-death found her thinking otherwise, and there was always Cassandra...
She stopped breathing for a moment, if only to hold back her tears. Jack was right, but it had worked both ways. Jack had come to her in her time of need, and she in his. She nodded slowly and surrendered to the reality that the relationship may not be the most ideal, but one that in no way did not hold mutual benefit. After several more moments she lay down, still facing away as she drew his arm over her shoulder.
"Thank you, Jack." She whispered.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:02 pm
User Image

"And thank you in turn," Jack said, drawing Tessa close to him, his body curling around Tessa protectively. Unwillingly Jack's eyes drooped and he kissed the back of Tessa's head before closing his eyes, his body regaining some humanity within the folds of sleep as he relaxed completely, signaling that he had indeed, fallen asleep.

Luckily, he did not dream, and instead slept soundly, blackness filling his mind in a comforting sort of way.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games