Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:31 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa did not move, though she struggled to retain a giggle at Jack sleeping behind her, and in turn refused to move until he would wake up on his own. For someone who had just suggested he get some rest, to disturb his sleep would be perhaps the single most idiotic thing she could do, and she forced herself into silence. Her eyes wandered the cabin for a moment as she finally decided it was no longer 'the cabin' so much as 'home' by this point.
It would be a nice evening. Nothing strictly pleasing, nothing stressing at all. For the first time in a month, something peaceful to her name.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:26 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Several hours later, Jack awoke, at first only wondering at the form beneath his arm before he remembered Tessa and merely pulled the form to him, a smile on his lips. It was dark, but nearing dawn, Jack could tell in some strange way. The worries of the world were still a while away from him as he was still awaking.

"Good...morning," Jack said kissing the top of Tessa's shoulder lightly. "Did you sleep?"

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: Alright so I woke up half an hour later than planned, my ipod had died during the night, so I didn't get the post out (and my alarm never went off!). You win haha.]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

The alarm in Tessa's eyes at being pulled in without warning was immediately dispelled by Jack's call of 'good morning'. She brought a hand up to his arm about her and gripped it lightly below the elbow. Still she could not retain her giggle at the kiss on the back of her shoulder.
"Only a little," she said softly after a few moments, "I had a lot to think about that kept me awake for a time."
She slowly turned herself to face him and brought her own arm about him, shifting once to alleviate the resulting pain in her back from moving it after so long. She gave a soft smile at him.
"A lot of which I found quite endearing."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:05 pm
User Image

"Oh really?" Jack asked raising an eyebrow, moving his arm in adjustment to Tessa's movements. "Still, it would have been only fair for you to sleep after you practically ordered me to," Jack teased, sliding his hand to her lower back to brace her against him, slightly fearful that she would fall off the bed. A ridiculous fear, or maybe it was Jack just wanting to be closer to Tessa.

His muscles stretched, nearly involuntarily and his back cracked as he arched it slightly, before it settled back into the position it had been in.

[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:16 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa giggled, "You also said you wouldn't manage it, Jack."
She smiled and gave him a light kiss at the lips before her head dropped freely to the bed below. Her breathing was as deep as it was slow, but she herself was quite at ease with him so close.
"I do have to say though, for so rough a captain you sleep pretty quietly Jack."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:32 pm
User Image

Jack laughed quietly with a roll of his eyes. "One's profession does not determine one's sleeping habits," He said, grinning. He sat up, letting his arm leave Tessa for a moment as he stretched. He soon settled back down, indicating the still dark sky that was lightening slightly. "It isn't exactly morning yet, I doubt anyone will notice if we aren't prowling the decks," He said, again laying his arm around Tessa. "Therefore, I am sure we can coax a few more hours of peace out from the night," He offered a smile after his words.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 pm
Code:
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Did you have something in mind?" Tessa asked half-innocently.
She leaned in a little closer to him and traced a finger down his cheek. She suspected she knew the answer already but also felt the need to ask.
"Or shouldn't I be so curious, Jack?"

However her eyes immediately fell away from him to the wall just behind him. A curious stare fell over her face and she lifted her head to view it more thoroughly. On the surface in silver lettering read 'I will be just outside, all I ask is no alarm.'
"Ah, Jack...?" Tessa said with an indication, "I think you have a guest..."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:54 pm
User Image

Jack sighed, his lips still brushing Tessa's neck from where he had reached to after her hint had clicked with him. "I think they should wait," He murmured, narrowing his eyes, debating ignoring them for several before he sighed again and leaned away. He inspected the writing for a moment, his elbow supporting him before he carefully maneuvered himself up and over Tessa, his feet hitting the floor with a quiet thump. Pulling on his sleeves, he narrowed his eyes at her playfully.

"Don't go anywhere, or I may have to tie you up," He said before leaving the cabin and stepping out on deck with a little grin on his face.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm
User Image
A light among the shadows,
A hope among the despairing.
And yet merely the hand of another.

Standing against the wall was a regally-dressed girl in blue, white hair falling freely past her arms and a grave concern stamped upon her face. Upon hearing the door open beside her she leaned away from the wall and turned to face Jack with a humble if uneasy bow.
"I could have waited," she said simply, "but I do thank you for coming out in any event... my name is Ilyia. I am... an emissary, I suppose, of the last-standing member of the Keirisan Divine Council, and... to a point, I've been asked to thank you."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 pm
User Image

"...Thank me?" Jack asked, his voice raising first then dropping off. He closed his eyes, and after being satisfied he did not wake the slumbering watch, he opened his eyes and continued talking to Ilyia. "What for? As far as I can tell, I have done very little. Perhaps you are looking for my mother who is, as is now expected, not here." Jack indicated the mostly empty deck.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:21 pm
User Image

Ilyia stifled a laugh and took a step forward, giving barely any indication - however present - to the man before her.
"You are right in saying you have done little, but in that same regard is reason enough to thank you. However, it was my charge to scatter the elemental blades to their locales throughout Tessalona many years back, and also my charge to safeguard them. Sadly I have failed, but still in my wake there you were, sacrificing nearly all you know in their defense. For that, if I were not to thank you I would be uprooting everything I stand for and in fact, everything I am."
She offered the smallest of smiles, though her eyes shone with a silent regret, presumably from her afore-mentioned failure.
"And yet even now you hold a humility that I envy on a daily basis. Often enough you are praised for your values and benevolent intents - however choice those receiving may be - and even through it you have enough of a stoic manner to let it come without value. Can you not take appreciation where it is long-due?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 pm
User Image

A truly confused look came over Jack's face. "Sacrifice?" He asked. "If anything I have gained in this small 'venture," He said, straightening his neck cloth absentmindedly. "But I do suppose I could thank you, even if my thanking of you only stretches to your compliment. Your timing, good woman, is rightly awful," He let his gaze wander to the east where the sky was a grayer color than the rest of the sky. "Awful indeed. Dawn will be coming soon, and it would not sit well with me, as Captain of this fine vessel, if I did not invite you to at least breakfast," He nearly kicked himself for saying it, but he was inclined to the giving of the invitation for he assumed that Ilyia was of some importance.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:44 pm
User Image

Ilyia shook her head slowly and looked upwards slightly from where she stood. A faint silver glimmer appeared about her entire figure and she closed her eyes in a slight nod.
"Regrettably I have too much I have to attend to, but it seems to me the lady in your company is in need of something..."
She reached down to the sheathed blade at her side and undid the tyings to her weapon and yet caught it just as it fell from her side. She flipped it up into the air a short ways and caught it perfectly between the upper of both her wrists, handle pointed to Jack.
"Would you be so kind as to give this to her? I believe mentioning Arcanis' Emissary should enlighten her as to why. As for your invitation, I do thank you for the offer, and if given a chance perhaps another time?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm
User Image

"Of course," Jack said quickly, trying not to let himself leak over enthusiasm into his tone as he took the sword and grasped it below the sheath's top. "Very nice meeting you Miss...Ilyia, was it?" Jack asked before thinking for a moment, distracted by a random thought. "Oh, of course you are welcome at any time, send my regards to whoever you are coming from," After standing there uncomfortably for a moment or two, Jack stiffly bowed and headed into his cabin again, inspecting the sword in his hand.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:06 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa lay in the bed with her hands tucked across each other behind her head, perfectly relaxed. As she heard Jack enter she looked up to the window - which was itself recently shrouded in blinds - and dropped it back down into her hands.
"Well, I guess me closing the blinds counts as going somewhere. Don't tell me you're going to tie me up?" She said with a mock pout in her face and a small smile.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games