Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"I am taking you to your destination, is that not good enough?" Jack asked teasingly with a shake of his head. "Very well, the last time I beat down the little mistress of Hell's pet, it was a basilisk. Chances are, it will be the sane thing. As for her, if that is truly who you wish to find, there are only stories." He snapped the reins and set William in motion. "Although, I would advise you not to listen to her, it is said she entices Man the most,"

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats:---]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:21 am
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

"Of which I am still half," Tessa reasoned with a sigh, "So be it; I can withhold my questioning about Mother until this is through."
For a moment, mirages played across the Half-Elf's field of vision, and she immediately shot her hand to the flask now resting at her own side, though once she had drank and refilled it of her own accord she caught a strange notion and again leaned onto Jack's back.
"I don't suppose you have a spare flask of rum hiding somewhere, do you?" She asked, only half-teasing.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:51 am
User Image

"There is always rum, love," Jack chuckled. "Although, I am believing to think that your judgement may already be clouded, if you are going back on prior statements," He murmured before leaning forward and picking up another flask.

"Enjoy," He said, handing over the flask before drinking from his own, refilled one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:04 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Frightening, isn't it?" Tessa laughed, "But, it's going to be a long day, and I for one wouldn't mind being oblivious to its passage, present company aside."
Tessa took the flash and took a small drink, fighting the urge to mention repulsion at how thoroughly heavy she found it, but she also knew not every drink could be so fine as the inns of Tessalona.
"Although I'd think judgement is a very questionable thing on both sides, considering you took it up to travel with so foolish a girl as myself, no?"
Again she laughed, but she suddenly silenced, however undisturbed in appearance.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:34 am
User Image

"Ah yes, I must be drunk," Jack said, taking another drink with a laugh and turning sideways on the camel. "But then again, I am a pirate, ship or no, and we have the tendency to be...predictably unpredictable," He said with a sly grin, his eyes looking over at Tessa. He took another drink and sighed, watching the early dawn appear.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:38 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa restrained a giggle, considering someone at all using drunkenness as an excuse for anything remotely unpredictable. Her hand fell almost involuntarily to her weapon, her posture relaxing slightly. The only thing to even contemplate as evidence she wasn't enjoying herself was the worry continually crossing her face.
"Should I be worried, Jack? Unpredictability becomes the norm when traveling, but you make it sound different than I'm accustomed to."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:47 am
User Image

"Lying men can be predicted to lie, but the honest ones, you can never tell what they are about to do next," Jack said, his eyes sliding over Tessa's weapon before they slid casually across her neck, returning to her face. "No need to fret love. I doubt any harm will come to you as direct foolishness on my part,"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:53 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa shook her head and snapped to reality for a moment, her mind jumbling to form a response in the spur of the moment, hardly even knowing time that had passed.
"No, it's Wae..." she cut herself off slightly later than she realized was best, "Seriel... Something isn't right about even origins, here. I came searching for Mother, yes and she was indeed a priestess of Waeran but why then would I be selected as a victim to this whole scheme of things? What importance am I, in the long run?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:59 am
User Image

"Importance is irrelevant. Every man has his own part to play, and you must decide how you wish to play it best," Jack said, taking another drink and turning to the front. "It hardly matters why someone was chosen for something, only how well they complete it,"

He sighed and leaned forward on the camel, leaning his head on its neck and closing his eyes. "Take for instance William. He is undoubtedly the most valuable of our little caravan here, and yet he seems the least important," The camel pitched slightly and snorted, causing Jack to lean up a little bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa sighed, dropping her head on Jack's shoulder and closing her arms about him for a moment, simply dismissing the evident hell she was closing on in favor of having some peace of mind. She thought for merely a moment and had to giggle.
"Imagine that, trying not to think and subsequently thinking of someone that can do it without a problem. I guess it's to be expected on something with just two - and a camel - isn't it?"
She shrugged, closing her eyes and seeming fully peaceable, undisturbed by anything.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 am
User Image

"Ah, and who would be said person that you are thinking of?" Jack asked softly, twisting slightly and letting his hand trail over Tesa's hand lightly. He withdrew his hand and stared out at the sunset. "Such beauty on waves of sand, tainted by that fact alone," He murmured, opening his flask again and drinking deeply.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:14 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa's amusement at Jack's questioning was hardly well-earned, though she shuddered slightly involuntarily from feeling his hand over her own so lightly. Her memory flew back to when she and the Sisters had met, to the most free-hearted being she honestly believed she would ever know.
"Ferathi Orlerretyn, another one of the Sisters of Slaughter. Are you familiar with the Aviren, Jack? The winged Elves?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:21 am
User Image

"Aye, I have heard of them," Jack said softly, with a grin as he sat up and went to one of the bags. He pulled out a loaf of bread and handed it to Tessa. "You are probably hungry, take this," He said.

"Although winged elves, I haven't seen those elves in a while, given my current condition," Jack said, returning his gaze to the sunrise and facing forwards again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa bit her lip, pushing the loaf away slightly with a mild giggle.
"You do realize that I didn't earn your desires by eating nothing but bread and not traveling on foot, don't you? I'll be alright; it's just the desert heat that I'm worried about."
She reached to her side, taking another small drink of rum and refilling the remainder with water, hoping to lighten it slightly for the next instance.
"Besides, supposing I didn't really care to eat right now - I am half-Elven, I can generally last quite a bit longer than a human for food's sake."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 am
User Image

"And who says you have earned my desires?" Jack said in a low, teasing tone. He twisted back to look at Tessa with a light grin. He tore off a piece of bread and stuck it in his mouth, chewing slowly, a contemplative and curious look on his face, before he turned back around and swayed with the camel.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas