Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:16 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack chuckled and went over to her. "I just might," He said, before presenting the sword ceremoniously. "Arcanis' Emissary told me to give this to you, my lady," He said, bowing his head, looking up through his lashes with a mischievous glint in his eye. "And I was quite happy to oblige, and therefore, I am standing before you, hoping that you will accept this from me...from her,"

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:20 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

"What?" Tessa was bolt-upright in an instant, her head turned to see the blade in Jack's hands extended to her. "Myst..."
She reached up to take the weapon with shaky hands, and carefully unsheathed it. Despite her own high expectations she could not help but gasp in awe that the blade itself followed in a silver trail as she lowered it to inspect the blade's markings.
"But... why would she do such a thing, least of all for me?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:39 pm
User Image

Jack shrugged and lifted his head to look at Tessa, slightly disappointed in how quickly she had bolted upright. "I haven't the foggiest idea," Jack said quietly. "Perhaps because you are someone worth giving it to," He suggested, sitting down on the edge of the bed, a small grin playing on his lips.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:44 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa had to take a moment to clear her mind from the sudden shock and slight disorientation from the sheer speed in which she sat up, but sheathed the blade and set it down against the wall anyway, silently promising to look into origins later. She leaned up slightly and looked over to Jack with a small smile.
"Something," she said faintly, "I just hope it doesn't warrant any more alarming circumstances..."
She shook her head and threw her hair out of her face as again she smiled to Jack. A slight curiosity shone in her eyes, more playful than anything else but it complimented the impish smile on her lips.
"Well then, if you're so insistent on leaving me immobile I suppose I couldn't just talk you into making it easy on me and doing away with the rope and taking its place yourself, could I now?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:05 pm
User Image

"Well..." Jack said, a grin on his face. "I daresay that would be a rather fair trade, although the rope may have ill feelings about it later..." Jack smiled and looked over at Tessa before pulling her to him, kissing just below her ear with a grin. "Remind me not to go up into the rigging later love," He murmured before leaning backwards onto the bed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:12 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa laughed softly and lay down immediately beside Jack, though she placed a light kiss at his lips as she came down.
"I could just tie you down, you know," she said in a whisper to his ear, "but then you might have ill feelings about it, so I think we're square."

Obliteration On Cheetos: Later that morning?

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:20 pm
User Image

Jack rolled his eyes and rolled towards Tessa, running a finger along her collarbone thoughtfully before grinning. "As if you could love," He said.

Later that morning, with the sun well above the horizion, three taps came on the door from a dark skinned hand and Calypso crossed her arms as she tapped her foot impatiently. Her eyes scanned the sky as she waited.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:25 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa's ears perked for a moment at the sound of the door, and after fixing the wrinkles in her attire clasped her new blade at her side. She looked to Jack for a moment before crossing to the doorway and opening it with a faint hesitation, but immediately stepped back with mild surprise.
"Not that I'm complaining, but I thought you had gone?" She said half as much as she asked, "Ah, Jack?"
She tilted her head back and raised an eyebrow to the man, as though asking what was going on.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:31 pm
User Image

Jack looked up, tapping his chair where his coat was hung before standing up and going to the door, leaning against the door frame causally. Calypso looked at both of them for a moment before continuing.

"I had gone, for a while to attend matters, but I was so inclined as to drop by and see what the Duchess' course was," Calypso said, settling her sight on Jack who thought for a moment.

"Well I had not discussed that yet, might you wait until breakfast?" Jack asked, running a hand through his hair. He hadn't thought of where to go yet. "Might you have a care as to where we go Tessa?" He asked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:50 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa pondered for a moment and skirted her way back to the bed. After a moment's thought she shrugged halfheartedly.
"Lately I've been having dreams related to my hometown of Seleni back in Tessalona, but it's on the far side of the mainland with a heavy aggression taking the long way so I doubt it will be anything less than disastrous for the trip itself. Other than that, I can't say I know of anywhere near here that would merit a trip."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:08 pm
User Image

"You know that the courts need to be warned concerning the Comp--" Calypso was cut off by Jack's sudden glare, but he sighed and nodded. "Mirewin is near there," Calypso offered and Jack shrugged.

"I do suppose that their rum is worth tasting, hopefully old Burthowen is still alive," Jack said, mentioning the dwarf in charge of the world renown tavern, the Golden Tankard. "One day love, I promise we will visit your hometown," Jack said while Calypso stared off into space. She seemed to be thinking before she suddenly disappeared. Jack rolled his eyes and turned to Tessa. "Would you care for something to eat?" He asked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:14 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa nodded her consent for the choice of route and shrugged off her desire to see her homeland again. Still at the mention of something to eat her stomach nearly flipped and she curled slightly over it with a disdainful frown.
"Evidently I would," she remarked, "but don't go into the rigging to get it... it might not like you so much."
She had to giggle. As little as the statement made sense it was in fact Jack who'd brought it up in the first place such to remind him. Therefore, with her obligation to it done she began to play with thoughts of tying him down anyway. Again she shrugged.
"Nothing too fancy though. Most tend to lose their appreciation for finer things when it's all they have for a substantial period of time."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 pm
]User Image

With a chuckle Jack stepped close to Tessa leaning towards her ear. "It appears as your wish is my command," He whispered in her ear before whisking away from her. Several minutes later he returned with a plate with eggs, pork, and biscuits. He brushed by the doorway and set them on the table before sitting in his chair with his plate and a fork. Quite neatly he began eating.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:33 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa restrained another giggle at the thought of her wishes echoing as Jack's command, but decided against contemplating possibilities any further than absolutely necessary. It wasn't long before Tessa's plate was left without anything on it, and again she smiled.
"If you don't mind," she said quietly after, "I would like to spend the day in meditation... that blade you gave me earlier is the property of one of the most powerful advocates of the only benevolent goddess left in Keiris. There has to be some reason she would direct it to me, and I can't just sit back and act as if it were coincidence."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:11 pm
User Image

"Of course," Jack said with a smile, setting down his plate and polishing off his wineglass. "I am assuming you would like that solitary then, as you probably do not want distraction," He said, a slight grin on his face before he poured another glass of wine. He stood up, shrugging his coat on before going over to Tessa, leaning on the back of her chair as he kissed the top of her head before going to the door. "I'll be about if you need anything," He said with a smile.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games