Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:46 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack sank to his knees, as if his soul had been wrenched from him, unsure if what he was done was real or not, and whether or not this was a dream. Tears spilled over as he numbly looked at Tessa, before picking up the paper and unfolding it, shooting a glare at Calypso who had ventured too close.

"I give you no luxury of comforting me, mother" Jack spat, and Calypso nodded, her eyes a mixture of anger and fear, as she knelt to the floor next to the iron bars, and closed her eyes. Looking back to the paper, Jack wiped his eyes numerous times, finding he could not read with their blurriness, before he was able to stop them long enough to read.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:54 am
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa Orinae
Jack,
I told you I needed the day to meditate, and while in a single aspect it was true I told you falsely. Last night I had a dream telling of an intrusion with enough power and cunning to force any man against his own heart. I saw my own death at your hands, Jack, and I was horrified. Still I did not for one second believe you would ever have wanted to commit such an act. Your choices were few, love. You chose the more just path here. Either I was sacrificed or the lot of us would be left to drown, myself included. I do not blame you, Jack.

The reason I insisted I be left alone was so that I could write this, and I can only hope now that it will be delivered to you and Calypso before I am lost to another fate entirely than merely death. Across the planes is a haven to all beings of benevolence known as "Silverlight", the home to the same emissary who delivered my blade to you last night. Her creator can raise me, Jack. I trust you, and even knowing my own death to come about here, I have faith it does not end here.

With love,
Tessa

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:27 pm
User Image

Jack cried silently as he read it and crumpled the paper in his hand, before leaning his forehead against it. His entire form shuddered for several minutes until he felt as if his soul had been poured out onto the ground, leaving his body empty, grayed nearly.

"What did it say?" Calypso ventured to ask after several moments. Jack, with no energy to anger, read her the note. "Then we are to go to Silverlight, Captain?" She asked, and Jack recoiled at his own title, casting the key that was hung around his neck towards Calypso.

"Yes," Jack said, and Calypso picked up the key, looked at it with a mild wonder, and left, wondering how she was to find Silverlight. Jack sat alone, silently mourning Tessa, while his mother crossed the deck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:36 pm
User Image
A light among the shadows,
A hope among the despairing.
And yet merely the hand of another.

A small silver shimmer wove through the crew and burst into the body of the emissary that had arrived a night ago and, upon noticing Calypso gave a slight bow of respect.
"Well met," she said calmly, "may I ask where the body is?"
She gave a knowing not, betraying that in fact she knew better than most what had happened, though obviously not in precise detail.
"My name is Ilyia Nerian. I come on orders to deliver a means of conveyance to my creator, Mystriel Silverlight, and if I may, I would prefer to do so without too much suspicion following these men."

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 pm
User Image

Calypso's jaw muscle clenched, a trait she shared with her son, before jutting her chin towards the stairs leading to below deck. "Down there, my son is with her," She said quietly, looking over Ilyia. "Please though, what is the heading to Silverlight, I must help them," Calypso said quietly, her eyes pleading.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:50 pm
User Image

"You may be in better luck there than you think," Ilyia said after a second, "as you and your son don't appear to have the same necrotic state of being, and sadly Silverlight is an entire plane of light. It would probably be lethal for the poor man just to step foot within it, and I only have enough material to arrange a portal for the girl and one other."
She reached into a small pocket on her side and produced a pair of small sapphire gems, each radiating a planar energy about them.
"Perhaps you could come?"

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:07 am
User Image

Calypso nodded. "Of course," She said and indicated the door to the lower decks again. "I would tread lightly and exercise caution," She advised softly, looking around deck. Life aboard the ship was running as normal, no one noticing the absence of the captain, or Tessa, save for Mr. Porter who was looking fretfully over at Calypso, his suspicion great. "He will not allow me down again I believe," She said softly. "I have caused him enough pain."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:12 am
User Image

Ilyia nodded and handed out one of the gems to Calypso before she hopped down below deck and went in search of Jack. She paused just inside the doorway and gave the slightest of muffled coughs to announce her arrival.
"Jack?" She said a second later, "If it's alright with you I would like to take Tessa home with me briefly, so that she can be raised. It won't be long, I promise."

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:22 am
User Image

Jack looked up and nodded stiffly, eyes hollow as he looked over Ilyia briefly before letting his gaze fall to the floorboards, studying them emotionlessly. It was some time before he spoke, his tongue feeling like lead, his throat, although lacking of his thirst for the time being, aching with unformed tears. "Bring her back soon," Jack whispered, bringing his eyes back up to Ilyia's, pain echoing in them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:36 am
Ilyia nodded and placed a reassuring hand on Jack's shoulder with a soft smile.
"We won't be long, Jack. Don't blame yourself for this; it would be the last thing she would want."
She placed her other gem upon Tessa's hand and it broke into a burst of silvery powder over the girl, whereupon she vanished into the folds of Silverlight. Ilyia however, remained in an effort to console the captain.

Elsewhere...

User Image
`'*^~-Lady Mystriel Silverlight-~^*'`

I cannot have seen this.
How all this could have fallen asunder.
Every day I continue to watch.
Every moment, I am horrified by what I see.
Darkness, death.
Conflict and betrayal.
And yet, I can do nothing.

Mystriel stood at the center of her hall as the light of Calypso's and Tessa's appearance formed at the entryway, and she immediately hurried over to the fallen body and knelt down over it, pausing to give a grateful nod to Calypso.
"Thank you for coming," she said quietly, "I can scarcely imagine how he must feel..."
She had already begun a weave of healing over the girl's body, though at first she did not seem to recover in the slightest. The goddess frowned, but continued relentlessly.

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:48 am
User Image

Calypso fretted slightly, running her thumb over the key she held in her hand, alternating between that and one of the charmed necklaces around her dark neck. Her thoughts were hopefully, but even she had not been able to find the girl's spirit and repair her body as she had hoped. Emotion had something to do with that, and Jack had not helped. She held her tongue, biting back her questions, as to let the other goddess concentrate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:53 am
User Image

I cannot have seen this.
Darkness, death.
Conflict and betrayal.

Mystriel's eyes widened after a moment longer, and a blue silhouette of Tessa's exact image formed a scant few inches above her material body and held for several moments before uniting with her body, and the goddess had to support herself by both arms, her breath in mere gasps. After several seconds her neck injury began to produce blood, which the goddess subsequently sealed upon noticing.
"She will take a few moments to recover her senses," she said breathlessly, "but I feel you are uneasy... is there something I might do for you?"
She stood slowly and turned to face Calypso, her frame shaken visibly by the force of the task she had just undertaken.

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:10 am
User Image

Calypso sighed in silent relief before answering the question asked. "My apologies, I was merely in thought regarding my son," Her offering to kill Tessa were by no matter going to simply leave his head soon, and she expected her son to hold a grudge, have the fury that she could hold easily. "I fear that my recent actions have jeopardized our relationship further." She looked away and to the floor, muttering under her breath, "If not condemning it completely," After a moment, noticing Mystriel's seeming to be weakness, She furrowed her brow, asking, "And you, might I be able to aid you in some way? Raising the dead is not a task that most remain conscious through." She would know. Her first attempt had nearly been disastrous, resulting in a three day doldrums across the seas, her inability to function as the ocean affecting nearly every sea going vessel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:16 am
User Image

I cannot have seen this.
Darkness, death.
Conflict and betrayal.

Mystriel shook her head softly and frowned a slight ways.
"It is not so difficult to revive a body devoid of life, but the poor girl's soul was shattered after she died. I can only do so much to remedy her; I'm afraid it might not have been enough to restore her completely to her lifestyle." She explained, "although, it has come to my attention that she once housed thoughts relating to formally bringing herself and your son together. If it is not too much to ask, I would like to be there when it happens."
She stepped over to Calypso and offered a small smile.
"It may prove to help your case as well, if I could speak with him."

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:22 am
User Image

Fear flashed across Calypso's face before she chuckled, chiding herself slightly for fear of her own son, to whom she gave life. Absentmindedly, a hand ran across her stomach, as if remembering a time when she had carried life within herself. "Of course," She said, bowing her head slightly. "Might I ask though, if you came across a ring on her person? It would greatly intrigue me if you had," More than that, Calypso wished to offer her own blessing unto it, and Jack's small movement before he took Tessa's life was not unnoticed by her.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games