Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:24 am
User Image
A light among the shadows,
A hope among the despairing.
And yet merely the hand of another.

Ilyia's eyes narrowed slightly, but her expression relieved itself as a small smile and idea came to her. She finally took a seat across from Jack and traced a small rune idly into the table, in which a glistening silver line followed her finger just above the wooden surface.
"You ought to try considering what you have nearest you," she tilted her head indicatively toward Tessa, "I'm all for burying into a good book when alone for any substantial amount of time, but if your complaint is on being outwitted by the one you love then why not learn from her? Besides, if it is as you say and she is still so adamant on keeping herself parted from the ways of a pirate, then she is more than likely to develop a sense of isolationism; she will need some way to fit in if she's not going to just collapse inwardly."
She finished the rune, and a small image of a rotating silver hexagram hovered above it, glowing brighter and dimming in a repeated timing.
"You might have been told this already, but I kind of feel the same way. Mystriel holds me so very closely that I'm often locked out of existence for my own protection for ages on end. The only one I can ever associate with in that much of a space is Mystriel herself, but after a while it gets more than a little lonely. Just a word to the wise, Jack. I know you want the best for her - at least I hope so."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack nodded looking back to Tessa with a faint smile. "Of course," He said softly, before looking back to Ilyia. "I do hope she says yes." He said softly before dropping his eyes to the table, anxiety claiming his thoughts for a moment as he fingered the base of his cup. He looked back up at Ilyia, concern flitting out of his eyes as he flashed her a brief smile. "Pardon my worrisome pondering," He said with a slight chuckle.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:51 pm
User Image
A light among the shadows,
A hope among the despairing.
And yet merely the hand of another.

Ilyia stifled a laugh and rose from her chair to make her way to the doorway. She paused for a moment and looked back at Jack with a smile.
"It's not a problem at all, Jack. Honestly, if I were to be troubled with a man in thought then I would have an interesting time taking matters on of a more hostile nature, would I not?" She laughed again, "Regardless, if you don't mind I'll be out here taking a look around."
With that she stepped out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:04 pm
User Image

Jack smiled and gave a small wave to Ilyia before looking back at Tessa. He contemplating going to bed alongside her, but couldn't risk disturbing her. Instead, he merely leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, looking forwards to the morning with both excitement and anxiety. He hummed quietly, the soft sounds carrying him off into sleep.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:10 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

After several hours Tessa finally awoke only to see Jack long-past asleep in his chair, and she struggled with the urge to giggle but leaned back against the wall for a moment in thought. How long had it been? Four, five months and already she could scarcely think of how close she and Jack had gotten, despite their differences. She knew well enough Ilyia's coming peacefully the second time around had been of no coincidence, but still she wondered why. Perhaps Jack knew. Subsequently she slid off the bed and blinked for a moment, still not entirely adjusted to her state of reliving as she had hoped, but strode over to him all the same and shook his shoulder lightly.
"Don't tell me you're going to be asleep at all my waking hours, too now?" She asked with a smile.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 pm
User Image

His eyes flying open, Jack quickly recognized Tessa and shifted his knife back up into its hidden sheath. He smiled and pulled Tessa to him, rising in the process and burying his face in her shoulder happily, kissing her skin softly. "You forget that I only sleep to pass the time," He murmured before looking Tessa over, inspecting her. "You are feeling better, no?" Jack asked, running a hand down her arm loosely as his eyes made sure she was alright.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:25 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Better, yes," Tessa said calmly, "not fully what I was but better. Thank you Jack."
She gave a slight shrug and sat down against one of the legs of the table, but she paused a moment to consider Jack's reaction to her having woken him up - at least insofar as she had bothered to notice.
"You seem a little forward today, did something happen while I was asleep?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:31 pm
User Image

Jack fidgeted slightly before shaking his head. "No, I merely was sleeping light and you startled me," He said with a nervous chuckle. "The chair is not the best place to sleep on," The vampire took a seat in his chair, finger tracing the knobby end of the armrest with a nervous edge to its movements. "Mystriel and Ilyia will be here soon," He said absently. "I should probably invite my mother as well..." He trailed off a bit, long still heart clenching suddenly with anxiety. This he hid from his face and instead offered Tessa a smile.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:35 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"What?" Tessa was on her feet in an instant, "Lady Mystriel herself is coming? Alright Jack, you're done hiding from me. There aren't a great many things that would merit her coming, let alone simply you sleeping lightly."
She stepped about him and trailed a hand across his shoulders before lowering her head next to his own.
"Jack, just tell me. What are you scheming this time?" She said softly in his ear.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:07 pm
User Image

Jack grinned and relaxed involuntarily. "Well apparently, goddesses enjoy food just as much as the rest of us," He whispered in her ear, touching her neck with a finger, easily pulling himself away from the temptation, leaning back in his chair. The ring in his pocket seemed to have grown in weight and he was very aware of its presence. He grinned, watching her eyes with a teasing air around him.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:14 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Alright, you win," Tessa conceded, "but I doubt she would leave the upper planes for something so trivial as dining with the pair of us, Jack."
She paused and dropped herself into the chair opposite the captain and absently wove her fingers with each other. Her look at him betrayed that she knew something more was going on, but however inquisitive she would ask no further.
"I guess for once I'll have to stand down to your 'mysterious ways', won't I?" She paused, "That sounded only a little more odd out loud than silent though."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:20 pm
User Image

Jack mimicked Tessa's movement of lacing her fingers and raised an eyebrow. "Who said anything about being mysterious?" He asked in an overly mysterious tone before chuckling and standing. In walking around Tessa, he kissed her forehead before stepping out for a moment. Mr. Porter was called and Jack spoke to him quietly about the request of food for that morning.

"Yes yes, the best wine," Jack said before nodding, shooing off Mr. Porter, and heading back into the cabin, where he regained his seat. "That'll be along shortly," Jack said with a smile.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:26 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"After that, I did." Tessa said triumphantly, "You don't usually bring out anything particularly fine to the first thing in the morning, Lady Mystriel and Ilyia are both presumably going to be here for... something, that you refuse to speak of."
She paused for a moment, again resolving not to ask outright but instead shifting the subject slightly.
"Where is your mother, anyway?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:44 pm
User Image

"Oh, up and around, I daresay. She'll be along for breakfast as well I am guessing," Jack said, flourishing his hand through the air as to indicate that he really had no idea where she was. "Ilyia was allowed to stay here, so you can hardly say that was a surprise, and I had invited her here for breakfast," Jack reminded Tessa. "I would not disgrace this fine ship...and us, by serving anything but the finest,"

Platters began to arrive borne on crew hands and were set down, their contents could make the richest king ravenous. Fish over potato flakes, eggs alongside eel, strips of pork, biscuits, small cakes, and many other breakfast items were on the platters. Calypso whisked in the door and took a seat at the chair closest to the door, giving both Jack and Tessa a warm smile.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:08 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Up and arou-" Tessa stopped at the sight of the oncoming platters, to which she involuntarily put an arm to her stomach and frowned, "If I didn't know already we were in the company of multiple divine beings, I'd say this was beyond overboard, but I guess it's not my place to ask, is it?"
She sighed and began to help herself to small, yet doomed to grow, helpings as Ilyia stepped in.

"Oh, am I late?" She asked with a light-hearted chuckle.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games