Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:30 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa looked up for a moment and wiped the tears from her face before sitting back in a lopsided crouch with a curious yet hesitant expression marking her features.
"I'm guessing I shouldn't ask, then," she concluded, "if it is as you say. I am sorry, honestly. I shouldn't relate my fears to Jack; he has done nothing to give them value that I hadn't already provoked of him, and you are right... the man has my heart, so long as I have one to give."
She got up to her feet and took a moment to ensure her stability, before taking as deep a breath as she could manage.
"Thank you," she added quietly, "although one thing remains uncertain to me... I have heard you go by no less than three names thus far, even if one is a title added to another, but for our own purposes, what would you have me call you?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:38 pm
"Calypso would be just fine," She said with a smile as she stood. "You needn't be sorry, the past is the past, and time brings on pain...and pleasure of course." The goddess said as she leaned back, into her chair with a small sigh, her muscles straining as she did so before she relaxed. She reached for the wine bottle and debated whether or not to get a glass before simply rolling her eyes and drinking from the bottle itself.

"The breakfast certainly is lovely," Calypso said after a moment, attempting to change subject.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:33 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa nodded her agreement, her eyes betraying finally the full connection between recent related events. Her shoulders dropped slightly as she considered how blind she had been to the events themselves.
"It certainly is," she said, "although I doubt Jack's making such an announcement relating to me without me being there would be such a great idea. Thank you, Calypso."
She smiled and offered a grateful nod before opening the door behind her and spinning around the door itself as she stepped around and out of it. Quickly enough she spotted Jack and made her way to him.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:57 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Waiting until Tessa got close enough, Jack took her into his arms and dipped her back gracefully, pressing his lips to hers. He brought her back up and held her to him, smiling to her as the crew erupted into cheers and whistles. Jack nearly heard none of it, as absorbed with Tessa as he was. He took her ringed hand and kissed her knuckles softly. "Mrs. Cortez," He murmured with a grin, looking over her ring for a moment. "I rather like that," He said, looking back up at her.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:19 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

The blush in Tessa's face rose as quickly as she had been picked up, and while she did not need any further closeness to Jack after his embrace, she returned it with her own.
"Not quite yet," she said softly, "it's not official, but I don't think I'm going anywhere."
She paused for a moment, taking into consideration the roaring crowd about them, and her face lowered slightly in thought. There was still something not quite figured out yet.
"Still, if I'm going to be with you for the rest of my living days I might want to be a little better-acquainted with the crew, wouldn't I?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:26 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"That would be up to you love," Jack said with a smile. "Although I am not against the idea of course," Thought clouded his eyes for a moment as he entertained a thought before his eyes lit with clarification. "Perhaps you may want to start with Mr. Porter, he seems to feel rather awkward about being around you yet," Jack chuckled ever so quietly. "That is an issue remedied by knowledge of another person of course. "

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa nodded her agreement, at least surrounding the point of knowing someone. Still she held some insecurities about approaching any man whom she had not become acquainted with, but then again that was her very reason for meeting Mr. Porter, was it not?
"It certainly makes sense," she said hesitantly, "thank you."
She looked out among the others and picked him out with a little effort, before striding over to him and offering a humble bow.
"M-mr. Porter? I'm sorry, it's just if I'm going to follow through with this I might as well get to know the crew..."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:46 pm
"Oh, of course Miss...er...Mrs-to-be Cortez," Mr. Porter said, turning slightly red when she bowed and he looked around, deciding where to begin. He pulled on the neckline of his shirt before pointing out Marcus, a tan fellow with medium length hair tucked under a tri-corner hat. "That is Marcus, a fairly good watchman, although I would not trust him with your wome-" Mr. Porter stopped himself and his blush deepened. "Begging pardon," He said before moving on to a boy, for that is what he was. "That is Thomas Meirn from Maheed. A very skilled linguist," The dark skinned boy with dark, wide eyes, looked at them, and awkwardly nodded his head in a half bow before tugging on the sleeve of another man, tall with sandy blonde hair. "That is his guardian, he seems to have taken to the boy pretty well. Named Michael Callones," Mr. Porter moved through the crowd, in a leading motion and introduced the crew to Tessa without any particular interaction, a few acknowledging her with a grin or a nod, or even a greeting, but they kept themselves well behaved under the hawk eyes of Jack.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:57 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Despite implications Tessa had to laugh at the stumbling regarding Marcus. Still she followed Mr. Porter half-idly while taking care to match names with faces as she could. By the time they had finished she had taken a sidelong inward argument as to whether or not she had a headache from all the goings-on, and for a brief moment she felt more sympathetic towards Jack than usual for having to keep an eye on all of them. Of course she returned every acknowledging notion with a smile and a slight bow. Still she waited for a single opportunity where upon presentation she quickly grabbed Mr. Porter by the shoulder and turned him to face her.
"And what about yourself, Mr. Porter? You seem more than a little shy for your own sake; how are we ever going to learn about each other if it keeps up?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:09 pm
Mr. Porter's face drained of color for a moment before he found his tongue again. "W-well in the circumstances Miss, I thought it improper for a rather proper lady as you to be talking to a lowly crew master such as myself," He stumbled over his words a bit. "If you would like to know me, then perhaps one day we could share a meal or something, although there isn't much to know," He trailed off at the end with a small, nervous smile directed at the half-elf.  

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:16 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa dropped her head slightly and sighed, nearly defeated. Still she lifted her face to him and glared him lightly in the eyes. She lowered her hand.
"I think my meal plans are a little too occupied, and Jack for one advised I come to you first from the rest. Surely there has to be some reason he would single you out?" She indicated the railing, "Come, have a seat. For the time being, I don't care; I just want to say I know more than two people here."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:40 pm
"Because I am in control of the crew, that's all," Mr. Porter mumbled before sitting on the railing. Looking over him, he could not be more than twenty five. "Honestly, there is nothing terribly interesting here," He said, looking across the deck. The crew had gone back to work quickly under Jack's order and Mr. Porter watched them for a moment. "Well then, my first name is Miguel, and I ran away from home when I was fifteen to join the navy. Our ship was captured and Scarlett took us over, leaving all the crew save for myself on an island, claiming I was "good pirate material". I suppose it was true, otherwise I wouldn't still be here." Miguel chuckled.  

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:45 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa sat down a reasonable distance down the railing from Porter and briefly considered his tale, before bearing mute witness to the irony of it all.
"I'd think anyone knowing enough to enlist in a naval force would make fair do for any sailing job though, but I guess that's my land-based experiences at work." She cast a brief glance his way and tilted her head, "Fifteen though, how can anyone make such a judgement relating to one so young?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:53 pm
Mr. Porter's eyes darkened significantly and he shifted uneasily on the rail. "My home was not a place anyone should have to live in," He said softly. "Besides, as a child, I remember standing on the docks, watching the horizon, wanting to see what was beyond it. Call it a calling," Miguel said. "Age truly isn't a number, is it?" He asked curiously, looking towards Tessa.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:59 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa shrugged as she regarded the man for a moment longer before turning her gaze back to the deck.
"It is for a while," she stated, "although depending on your nature it might differ. See, for instance I am a Half-Elf, relatively ungrowing but still quite mortal. Of course I wasn't born with the same appearance and physical stature as I have now, so up until a point age is a number, but then it gets a lot less relevant. I'm actually quite impressed anyone could have such a vision of their future at fifteen, though; I'm impressed!"
She flipped out her hand towards the oceans about them.
"See, as familiar as I might be with it, the waters have never truly been my home until now. I always wandered the Tessalonian countryside with my comrades, always traded service for pay or other such means. I never quite grasped the life at sea too well up until Jack came along. Then, well... everything changed, and everyone, well... died."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games