you like movies?
  booya!
  boono!
View Results

Duragraha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:19 pm
Kazu Faiya
Destructo Kid
Kazu, We should see it sometime when it comes out. You know you want to.
Right-o Keep that Saturday it comes out free. We'll drag Reiven and Eden. xd

Rambo doesn't appeal to me. The new Indiana Jones looks sweet though.

...I feel odd saying this, but I actually thought the new Rambo film looked like one of the more appealing examples of its genre. It looked tense and gritty, reflecting the sweltering hallucinations and paranoia of the Vietnam War. Romance looked fairly realistic for the situation, as well.

You know, I've never seen an Indiana Jones film? *waits for the tomatoes*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:21 pm
Well then! we should go see the new one that is coming out! xD or has it already? Oo  

Rhies

Kazu Faiya
Vice Captain

Sparkly Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:32 pm
Eden Amaris
Kazu Faiya
Destructo Kid

...I feel odd saying this, but I actually thought the new Rambo film looked like one of the more appealing examples of its genre. It looked tense and gritty, reflecting the sweltering hallucinations and paranoia of the Vietnam War. Romance looked fairly realistic for the situation, as well.

Blasphemer!!!! Now you must watch them all before we drag to to the new one.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:27 pm
Kazu Faiya
Eden Amaris
Kazu Faiya
Destructo Kid

Blasphemer!!!! Now you must watch them all before we drag to to the new one.

[All of them?

...No.

The hunting for hidden treasure adventure shtick never did much for me, to be honest. I spend more time thinking: D: "OMG. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THOSE ARCHAEOLOGICAL TREASURES?!"

Duragraha

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:13 pm
User Image

Seriously Eden, you have to at least watch the first one. (though I prefer the third the best...hate the second one)
It broke SO many grounds it isn't funny!! The vis effects in that mess is STILL amazing!! I mean, they didn't use no computers, it was all them baby!!
Amazing...AMAZING stuff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:00 am
yeah so i saw the happening the other day... it was disturbing... i mean who would feed them selfs to a lion? crazy freaks and it doesnt even tell you how it starts happening. i mean. the bees? what the F!? and it doesnt even explain that... and.... my bicycle....

and i also saw the panda movie! it was funny. but the cute little kids laughing behind me just made it that much better. you know those laughing moods you in where almost anything happends and it makes you laugh and its just so cute... yeah i was in that mood that day.

Skadoooosh! XD *belly bounce*  

Rhies

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Just saw Don't Mess With the Zohan... was not pleased with it. Crude humor, and the entire movie was all about sex. That's the last time I see an Adam Sandler movie.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:54 pm
I heard it was a horrible waste of money and life span.  

Radjulon
Crew

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:33 pm
Jovey4
That's the last time I see an Adam Sandler movie.

Let me get this straight,

You seem to be implying you've seen other Adam Sandler movies and so you go see this one which stars him and you DIDN'T know this one was gonna be obscenely crude?

Tsk tsk man.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:33 pm
Maeth
Jovey4
That's the last time I see an Adam Sandler movie.

Let me get this straight,

You seem to be implying you've seen other Adam Sandler movies and so you go see this one which stars him and you DIDN'T know this one was gonna be obscenely crude?

Tsk tsk man.

When your parents censor television in the house to the point where you weren't even allowed to watch Power Rangers as a kid, then it's not that surprising you'd know nothing of the humor in Adam Sandler movies.

Oh, and Wall-e ROCKS!  

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:41 am
Maeth Reviews:
~The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic~

Two 'made-for-tv' movies based on the books by Terry Pratchett. Pratchett is, without fail, a great writer. He helped with the movies I think, since the opening credits reveal "Mucked about by: Terry Pratchett"

It stars Sean Astin (Sam from LOTR) as Twoflower, some old guy as Rincewind, Tim Currey (I love this guy) as the bad guy, Christopher Lee as the voice of Death, someone famous I think as the narrator, and a slew of other actors and actoresses.

To start of with, hooray for Discworld! I'm glad they had the narrator, because a lot of the humor that comes from the author's musing on things about the world, something you lose a lot of movies.

Basic plot: Rincewind, a failed wizzard (its written on his hat) becomes the guide for the disc's first tourist, Twoflower who comes from a far continent where gold is a lot more common than elsewhere. Twoflower is pretty naive about the real world as it were so Rincewind has his hands full. Meanwhile, an ancient magical book is acting strange and the wizards of the Unseen University are troubled by it and a rising wizard who is rising in rank by killing off others (played by Tim). And that star in the sky didn't used to be there....

The acting is pretty darn good. I know Astin is a good actor, but I cant tell if its him or the role he's playing, but he comes off as if he really is acting some of the time, but im pretty sure its just the way the character is protrayed.

Then... there's the wyrmburg lady....she's supposed to be melodramatic, but she's does it a bit heavier than I would prefer. In fact im pretty dissappointed with the wyrmburg scene, since they remove her father who I find quite funny. There was also another barbarian that was supposed to be involved but I guess Cohen was enough for them. Which is fine, Cohen is great and the other guy isn't around very long.

The scenery and graphics are pretty good, definately TV budget I think, but if they tried a bit harder they could of released it to the big screen.

I enjoyed it thoroughly. Each part is about 2 hours, so unless you got around 4 and half hours to kill, I suggest taking your time watching both.

I give it 4.5 domos.

Incidently you can download it from those lovely folks at PirateBay.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 pm
lol yay pirate bay.

Great Review Boss :-3. The movie sounds interesting indeed, of course my internet ears automatically popped up when I read the words Tim Curry.
I make have to check it out sometime when I got an insane amount of time to kill heart  

Radjulon
Crew

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am
Thank you.

He makes a good villain, his smile is so obviously full of bad thoughts.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:50 am
So is mine!

BOO!  

The Big Bad Boo

clubanimon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

clubanimon
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:01 am
Yay evil! *hugs* heart  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items