Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:37 pm
User Image
_,.-~*'`'*~-.,_Ilyia Nerian_,.-~*'`'*~-.,_

I may be the hand of Mystriel...
I may be her instrument of justice.
I realize I am forever her servant.
I will still stand for what I believe.
If there are those who will oppose her,
They must stand against me.
I will not give in.

"I... will be." Ilyia strained to say, "A slight miscalculation in the face of my greatest weakness. I've had worse, if you can believe it."
She regained her footing again and looked over to Erathis and Lucas before heading their way.
"Karl will manage, thankfully. Unfortunately he's going to need to be watched for a couple days to be sure nothing struck through to his soul."

Erathis nodded, "What about yourself, then?" He asked.
"I think until I am needed elsewhere I would hope to remain on board. I should probably consult the Captain though; I hear unexpected stays aren't entirely smiled upon here."
She tossed the Qedrin a sly smile as she made her way across deck and stopped a few paces short of Jack, taking a moment to offer a slight bow that looked slightly painful through the still-lessening cackles about her.
"With your permission, I would like to stay for a time until I am further needed." She said formally, "Otherwise I should take my leave."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:42 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack clapped Mr. Porter on the shoulder with a smile, pleased to hear the man was alright before turning to Ilyia. "Of course," He said with a smile, one that turned from genuine to absent as he felt something was still amiss. He shook off the slightly doubtful feeling before nodding. "Please, make yourself at home," He said, looking around her to the form of the girl, his sister he realized. His eyebrow knitted together as he attempted to disassociate anger with that face, however darker it may be now. "How is she doing?" He asked Ilyia, indicating his mother with a jut of his chin.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:51 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia followed Jack's indication for a moment before tracing it to Calypso and sighed.
"She's worried. I can tell that much. After all her daughter did nearly wind up with a body of dust. I suppose in lieu of my friends I should-ah!" She gripped her shoulder as another burst of lightning shot up her arm, "That never ceases to bother me... anyway, has Erathis or Lucas told you why they are all here, yet?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:00 pm
User Image

Jack nodded, a faint frown coming over his face. He sighed and rubbed his forehead wearily before fishing a cloth out of his coat and wiping his forehead with it, returning it to his coat after a moment. "I daresay Isobel is merely a foreshadowing of what is to come," He said in a slightly irritated voice. "I hope that this time she is truly killed," He added after a moment.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:06 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

"So that's her name, is it?" Ilyia nodded slightly, "I am no expert in Iraean supernatural life, but there's not enough evidence here to rightly assume she is dead..."
Her balance faltered for a moment and she fell down again to a knee, but contented herself with shifting her weight over to the nearest wall and hunching herself over an upraised knee.
"Oh, Fienna Morael sends her kind regards," she added as an afterthought, "have you met with her before?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:14 pm
User Image

Jack nodded, still looking towards his mother. His gaze also wandered over the girl. Now without the cruel possession of Isobel, she seemed young, younger than Jack, even when he was human. "Has she been in contact with you lately?" He asked, his eyes narrowing purely in thought as his jaw muscle clenched, trying to find something, a memory perhaps, of the girl before he was changed. This he realized was a near impossibility, but he still wanted to search nonetheless.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:19 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

"She fled to Silverlight in search of a means of relative peace," Ilyia explained, "but despite Mystriel's and my best efforts, the root of her apparent possession isn't manifested in Darkness. I can't think of any entity that could do such a thing to her, Hellspawn or not."
She sighed again and shook her head, but her face contorted briefly in irritation as a cackle of lightning crossed her eyes and she blinked a few times to regain her vision.
"By all that is holy, she doesn't hold back, does she?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:34 pm
User Image

"Are you alright?" Jack asked, looking to Ilyia with concern. "Who doesn't hold back?" He asked then after a moment. He thought about what Ilyia said and furrowed his brow, concerned about another possession. He couldn't help but stare at the girl again in thinking of the word and he sighed.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:39 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

"I'll be fine," Ilyia sighed, "and I do, for one."
She regarded her hand for a moment and watched the bolts streak across herself for several moments before dropping her head back against the wall again.
"If you make your limits known, your potential adversaries are liable to step out only when they can best you. If they don't know the limits of your strength, they can only engage on a guess."
She tilted her head down and cringed as a streak shot through her chest, causing a momentary paralysis through her arms but she recovered almost immediately after.
"A pity I never bothered to invest much time in healing... but then again I doubt there are any known practices that heal in the same manner as I would need, so I suppose I'm left as I am."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:49 pm
User Image

Jack looked at his own hand at the mention of healing and curiously clenched it, ice creeping over it slowly before receding after a bit of concentration. "I am sorry," He said softly, looking over at Ilyia with sympathy in his eyes. "If there is any way that I can help, please tell me," He said. "I would hate for a debt to be left unpaid," The thought felt ironic with the weight of his unpaid debt letters in his pocket.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:55 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia thought for a moment, and while at first her idea rang out as particularly vile by her standards, she knew in the long run it would be for the better.
"Well, since you mention it... you could consider my friends as your own." She remarked, "That includes Erathis Nekaedhe, as well. It makes no sense to be bitter to your allies."
She offered a slight smile regardless of Erathis' perked ears and sudden glare her way, and removed her hair from dangling over her shoulder.
"Of course I realize it is easier said than done, but please, do take it into consideration?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:15 pm
User Image

Jack sighed and chuckled. "Of course," He said with a wry smile. "Once I am feeling less irritable perhaps. I wouldn't want to accidentally mistake him," He shook his head with a smile, this time more genuine. He rubbed the back of his neck and ran a hand through his hair. "If you would excuse me, I have something to check," He said after a moment, disappearing below deck. Calypso looked over at him and watched him leave with a heavy sigh.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:25 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia tossed another smile over at Erathis before standing up and going over to him to pat him lightly on the shoulder.
"Relax, will you?" She giggled, "It had to happen sooner or later, and as skeptical as you've been lately it is much better done sooner."
She cast another look over to Calypso and lowered her head slightly. She lifted her hand to her view and closed it, allowing a shimmer of silver to escape between her fingers as she took a brief measure of her still-returning strength. She frowned slightly.
"Erathis, Lucas. It may be best you two return home for a while. As much as Mystriel looks after me, I doubt even the possibility of you not being alerted if something happens to me or anyone nearby."

"But, Ilyia -"
"Lucas, please? I hate to say it but I'm not feeling up for debate."
Reluctantly, the others vanished through a dimensional portal Ilyia created soon after. She then walked over to Calypso and leaned up against the railing before setting herself down with a sigh.
"Will you be alright, Calypso?" She asked, concernedly.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:29 pm
User Image

"There are far too memories recalled, too much to explain," Calypso said quietly, looking towards the open hatch where Jack had gone. "I thought her dead, but the reason why she is alive in the first place sometimes hurts more than the reason that she would be dead," She added after a while. She looked down to the girl, now breathing easier and bleeding less, and smoothed back the long ebony locks of her daughter's hair. "She is Jack's half-sister," Calypso said quietly. "Not full,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:33 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia thought for a moment, unconvinced that she should ask of what happened to allow Calypso's opinion of her own daughter to be so sour, but she nodded all the same.
"What's her name, then?"
She looked down again at her arm, relieved that the bolts across her body had simmered down to an occasional bolt among sparks. Her breathing came easier as time passed, and her overall condition improved quite readily by this point.

Order Of Chaos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games