Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

you like movies?
  booya!
  boono!
View Results

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:27 am
The Curious Case of Benjamen Button...To those who are gonna see it, do tell if its any good, It just seems a little boring to me from the Lame a** Previews.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:58 am
I think it's just a movie for peeps with an AR fetish ¬_¬  

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:30 pm
I thought it looked interesting personally. But now
I MAKE A REVIEW  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:44 pm
REPO THE GENETIC OPERA:
It's an acquired taste.

**warning, my review is slightly bias, but I think fair**

Repo the genetic opera goes by a pretty awesome concept as horror movies go. In the near future, there is massive organ failure, so a company rises (GeneCo) that will replace your organs (hearts, spines, faces, whatever). But operations are expensive, so you sign a payment plan. But what happens when you can't pay your payments? Well they send the Repoman to get their organs back smile
Pretty awesome idea, but did I mention it's a musical?
because it totally is. A flippin awesome musical.

For those weak at the stomach when it comes to gore, fear not, because it's stage gore, only one scene made me sick to watch really, and I get sicked out pretty easily, so don't fret.
But while the idea is epically awesome and so is MOST of the songs, there is of course, some cons to the film.

A) Her name is Shilo Wallace, and unfortunately, she is a huge, huge character in the film, unfortunately for her, she can't really sing, and all her songs are ubber retarded. Typically, I watch the film in glee, but fast-forward through the "17, better then 16" Avril Lavigne inspired song, and I could also probably be happy fast forwarding threw "I'm infected".
Shilo...really is the only reason I get a twitch watching the film.

B) Random....completely skanky genterns. Genterns are GeneCo's interns. Lemme just say this movie isn't exactly for the womans movement.

C) If you dont like any of the following films:
Rocky Horror Picture show, Sweeny Todd, Little Shop of Horrors
you won't like this film.

On the plus side it's totally unique, has some very intriguing (and humorous, total lol's while watching Luigi) characters, has super catchy songs, AND they gave Paris Hilton the role she was born for... A rich spoiled scalpel slut!! and a real slut at that.
so that's kind of interesting. Oh and two big things, SARAH BRIGHTLY.
smile

All in all I say this if you don't want to read all that, I'm going to say, go to watch-movies.org and find it, cause I'd hate for ya'll to pay for it, in case you hate it (it's an either love it or hate it kind of movie) but you have to at least watch it smile

**might want to fast foward the Avril type song though**

I give it

3.5/5 domokun  

Radjulon
Crew

Avaxis Spin
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 am
thats it? 3.5 out of 5? i woulda thought you'd rate it higher considering how much you rave about it  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:13 pm
I try and give honest reviews, beside my bias.
if I were to rate it based on how much I love watching it it would be a 4.5/5  

Radjulon
Crew

Avaxis Spin
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 pm
Just finished watching it.... 3.9/5

very entertaining... loved the look of it. songs reminded me of a bad 80's metal band but they fit. repoman is bad a**. loved the last song between dad and daughter....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:45 am
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!

Yea, I love that song too, I have most the soundtrack, but I minused out some songs...mostly Shilos.
and I love bad 80s songs so it was all good for me lol

MARK IT UP!  

Radjulon
Crew

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:31 am
Seen Gran Torino Yet?

My Opinion, Sinc I cant Write Reviews worth s**t...Best movie This year...Even though its still the First Month, But still, Lots of movies have Run through My Theater.

Also, Watchmen, Looks Goooooooood biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:56 am
dude... i will be all over watchmen when it comes out. gran turino looks pretty entertaining. nice to see ol' clint getting back to his bad a** roots. another one to look out for is of course x-men origins:wolverine and the new harry potter flick actually looks pretty intense. i love movies..... pirate  

Avaxis Spin
Crew

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:38 pm
No!!! NO MORE POTTER!! NO MORE gonk crying gonk crying gonk

I can't deal with actually watching what I read passed this point. Wolverine is going to be totally worth watching soley for GAMBIT.
Watchmen looks pretty good, but the graphic novel is better probably. Gran turino, I might watch that eventually.

And apparently I've been shunned by my friends cause I refuse to watch the new Dragon Ball movie lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 pm
yea... can't say i blame you for that.

i mean really, some things should just stay animated  

Avaxis Spin
Crew

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:59 pm
They were all, "YOU SHOULD LIGHTEN UP"

and I'm all, "....I aint gunna pay no $10 to see that crap, besides, I'm watching Monsters vs Aliens that month"

and then they were like, "......You can see more then one movie a month..."

and I was like, "Nope."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 pm
I've heard of worse. There's supposed to be a live action "Avatar: the last airbender" movie being made. Problem is, it's being done by M. Night Shyamalon... *shudders* burning_eyes

And, like spin said, some things should just stay animated. Especially this movie!  

SOAForever

Distinct Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:18 pm
SOAForever
I've heard of worse. There's supposed to be a live action "Avatar: the last airbender" movie being made. Problem is, it's being done by M. Night Shyamalon... *shudders* burning_eyes

And, like spin said, some things should just stay animated. Especially this movie!

Aww come on, the guy who plays Sokka looks almost just like me! xD  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces