Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:13 pm
User Image
_,.-~*'`'*~-.,_Ilyia Nerian_,.-~*'`'*~-.,_

I may be the hand of Mystriel...
I may be her instrument of justice.
I realize I am forever her servant.
I will still stand for what I believe.
If there are those who will oppose her,
They must stand against me.
I will not give in.

Ilyia made her way through the cabin back to the deck and propped herself against the wall in thought. Things really had only gone from bad to worse lately, she realized, and they would only continue to do so as long as it was not dealt with at the source. Still she found herself in a situation where she could do precious little as it was.
"If it keeps up at this rate I doubt I'll be able to hold out," she panted, "and I seriously doubt this is the best time to point out, but -"
She had nearly mentioned it when quite suddenly she collapsed. Still she seemed conscious, given the resulting groan.
"I'm a little worn out..."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:21 pm
User Image
Adeska------------------------------------------
-------------------Nessin

I was a child of sin.
I carry my mother's power.
I was possessed.

Jack rose after Adeska splashed him with water she summoned. The girl giggled and Jack rolled his eyes, finding no energy to be angry.

"W-Where's my rum?" He asked hoarsely, causing Adeska to laugh again. Upon further inspection of the captain though, she realized he was serious and she scurried off to the cabin. Grabbing the bottle of rum by the neck, she turned, but caught a glimpse of something. She gasped as she saw Ilyia collapsed and the bottle, it shattering on the floor, causing rum to pour over the floor. Quickly the girl hurried to her side.

"Ilyia?" She asked, crouching down next to her gently.

This is no more.
I am my own master.

[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:27 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

"I'll be alright," the Creation said weakly, "I've been through much worse..."
She leaned up slightly and propped herself carefully up on an arm, clearly exhausted.
"Incantations, as powerful as they are, are also incredibly draining on the caster if used too closely to each other. That and having been struck by one didn't leave me with an ideal course of action to take... but I'll make it. Just, give me a few minutes to recover."
She cast a look over to the cabin and then to Jack, then back to Adeska, and her eyes narrowed the slightest bit as she regarded the others again.
"I might suggest not dropping Jack's rum though," she added, "it tends to be bad on the culprit, so I hear."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:38 pm
User Image
Adeska------------------------------------------
-------------------Nessin

I was a child of sin.
I carry my mother's power.
I was possessed.

Adeska's eyes widened in innocent fear as Ilyia said this and outside Jack bolted upright.

"Who dropped my rum?" Jack asked at the doorway curiously before gasping and falling to his knees, his hands dropping to the alcohol upon the floor. He hung his head and sighed while Adeska bristled both with shame and irritation.

"I'm sorry," Adeska said shakily and Jack looked up at her, flinching for a moment before beckoning her over.

"There's no need to cry, even over something as...as...treasured as rum," Jack said, wiping away the tears that had spilt on Adeska's cheeks, unknowingly she had shed them.

This is no more.
I am my own master.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia laughed softly, but when she raised her hand to her view and tested her strength in Light the resulting violet shade it dropped her face into a frown that betrayed - along with her eyes - an extreme fear.
"Ah... Jack?" She said fearfully.
The violet light still wove between her fingers, and she could not for a second rip her attention from it.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:58 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"Yes?" Jack asked, releasing Adeska and looking at Ilyia. He tilted his head and looked her hand over. "That isn't supposed to happen, is it?" Jack asked in a murmur. Adeska looked back and forth between them confused.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

This is what I loved...And lost.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:07 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia lowered her hand and shook her head, unknowing of the answer. She got to her feet, comparatively slowly for the Creation, but as she did so her appearance seemed to phase between its own and an inversion of itself. She however did not seem to notice right away, and if she had it could not show through her worries.
"I don't know..."
She looked at her hand again, and just as her eyes widened in alarm her frame settled on its normal coloration and an image of herself flickered in a shifting glide away from her and solidified five paces away, though her attire had become indigo in place of her original's regal blue. Both drew their weapons and locked eyes with each other.
"I think that answers that question..." Ilyia said shakily.

Her counterpart's eyes flitted from Ilyia to Jack, to Calypso and Adeska, then to the cabin before returning back to Ilyia.
"It does, doesn't it?" She stated as much as asked.
The dagger in her hand formed into a blade of purple flame, an exact darkness counterpart to Ilyia's own reaction.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:13 pm
User Image

"Oh bloody hell. One more thing eh?" Jack said standing up, running the back of his hand across his mouth as to catch a few drops of rum. "First I pass out on deck, second my rum is gone on the floor, and now this. Not to mention the rest of the damned world going to pieces!" His irritation was apparent as his voice rose in volume. "All I wanted was my ship back, the ocean, and a lovely woman to spend the rest of eternity with. I did not want this," once Jack had finished his rant he stared at both the Ilyia's with a livid glare. "Well, are we going to have a fight here or not?" He asked after a moment.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:23 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

"That depends on you, Jack," Ilyia's shadow said as she lowered her weapon and indicated Ilyia "I know that 'I' will not suffer the intents of my existence so long as I were not commanded to, so if there is any choice granted to 'me', then you will have your fight. On the brighter side, if 'I' under your command stand down, then we could do this with a lot less bloodshed."
Ilyia took a step back and relaxed her posture slightly, a confused recognition coming to her face.
"She's... exactly like me, just..."
She cast another worried look back at the cabin, and again to her shadow, guard raised.
"She's right Jack." she said sternly, "Seras' power shot through me as I made my escape, and here we have the result."

"You make it sound as if I want to fight.... The choice is yours, Jack. Tessa or the fight. I can't decide this for you."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:30 am
User Image

"So it is my choice then?" Jack asked angrily with a hollow laugh. "Then I want this to end now, there will be no more fighting." He said, stepping closer to the bed. Adeska looked around wildly, slight panic in her eyes as the tension in the room rose.

"Please, please stop this," She pleaded with the both of them.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 am
User Image

I will not give in.

"Then perhaps a compromise," Ilyia's shadow suggested, "I highly doubt you would so casually turn Tessa over to anyone with intentions such as Despair's, let alone that I agree you could use a rest. However my being here does not come simply."
Ilyia kept her weapon lowered, but after a mere moment in figuring her shadow's wording she lifted it again with a frown.
"So you think you're going to be the final straw for a time, is that it? How long then?"

"Oh, it's quite simple. It isn't worth the potential destruction of any individual in Despair to take Tessa for what they see her as worth, so a single last effort on my own part before a final withdraw."
"You're outnum-"
"And you're outmatched. So, what will it be? Tessa or another fight?"
Ilyia remained unmoving. With a look back to Jack, she said as much as she could unspoken that this could very well be the chance they had all needed, but the cost might not be so easy to trifle with either.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 am
User Image

"What do they mean?" Adeska asked Jack who angrily rested his hand on his cutlass, shrugging his left shoulder. Adeska looked worried before she stepped behind the table, deciding to stay out of the way. Then, she ran from the room and tugged at her mother for her to come.

"You can't have her," Jack said, his cutlass ringing a hollow metallic sound as he drew it.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:02 am
User Image

I will not give in.

"And there I was hoping this could be made easy."
As fast as one might have blinked, she struck out at Ilyia, but as the blade extended the entire surroundings trembled with power.

Ilyia managed to parry the blow, but the enormity of the surge about her gave her pause.
"Oh... no holding back I see." She mused.
She struck back and rushed forward, but she was met easily enough by her shadow's kick to her face which sent her flying back several paces to a sliding halt on her back against the deck.

The shadow looked to Jack with a small smile.
"If you're going to fight, I suggest something I haven't already memorized." She remarked.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:06 am
User Image

Jack shrugged his left shoulder again in a small forwards circle before concentrating. From the balcony came in writhing tentacles of ocean that attempted to wrap around the shadow Ilyia. Jack's forehead beaded with sweat and he struck forwards with his cutlass, his left hand held back against his sleeve still.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games