Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:22 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"It isn't...the same camel," Jack said, looking at the equally panicked William the second before turning back to Cassandra. "Oh you know, getting married, dueling demons, finding long lost family, the same old same old," He said with a chuckle. His mother had finally been roused, although by the way she was sitting against the railing, it was safe to assume she was still weak. Adeska was next to her, looking out between the railing boards.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:30 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Cortez__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

"Not the same camel?"
"Dueling Demons?"
"Lost Family?"
The questions came all at once, if from each their difference sources, and Tessa had to forcibly hold herself from laughing at the timing involved. Still she lowered her head with a slight smile.
"Yes, we've been fairly busy," she said quietly, "and it's been... interesting, believe me."

"So you found your mother after all?" Vanessa asked from off to the side. Tessa simply nodded. "I knew you could do it. I'm glad you managed it Tessa."
"Seems like there's a lot to tell," Ferathi said after finally getting Gaelitae to settle down, "perhaps over dinner?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:35 pm
User Image

Jack turned to look at the shore for a moment, silently knowing he shouldn't stall what he had to do for much longer. Then again though, he would rather eat with friends than the court any day. "Of course," He said, turning back to the company. "I will have to leave after that for a time however," He added after a moment. "Regrettably, I am sure that rumors of the Duchess has met the ears of the court," He said.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:45 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

After a moment Ferathi managed to loosely tie the pegasus to the railing and duck out from under its wing as she stepped down to give Tessa a hug.
"Sorry I'm late," she said simply, "it's a lot harder to get things out of the way when everyone rushes away at the first chance."

Tessa dropped her face into her hand and picked herself away from Jack a little with a slight gaze over her comrades.
"I don't think this is the time to be hurling accusations at each other, please? Besides, Jack's been through a little more than he's needed to lately, there's no point in compounding it." She sighed for a brief moment, "So anyway, I figured you should probably know he and I are going to be occupied for the first full day or two - and I doubt the locals are liable to be too friendly... except maybe to Cassandra." She added under her breath.
"Ai, what's with that!"
Tessa giggled lightly and took a step away from Cassandra.
"Little humor is all. Besides, I doubt anyone too bold would last long razed to the ground."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:34 pm
User Image

Jack could not stop the laugh that escaped his lips. "Hopefully less than that," He said in referring to Tessa and his' time away. "But, it is likely in any case," He looked back at the shore. "Unless I am run out of the place," He muttered under his breath. "Either way, I am sure Mr. Porter will be an excellent host, unfortunately my mother will be accompanying me. Perhaps my half sister could provide some company," He said.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:52 pm
User Image
>-,.-.-.,.-.__Vanessa Halderi__.-.,.-.-.,-<

What happens...
when an unstoppable force...
collides with the immovable?
Here I stand,
Ready for either.
The clash of one to another.
Slowly crumbling away...

"Half...?"
Vanessa's face paled slightly, and in her shame she turned away and took a step from them.
"I hate to ask, but..."

Ferathi was at her side in a moment, a comforting hand across her shoulders.
"Vanessa, are you alright?"

Tessa looked back to Jack for a few moments and shook her head with eyes closed.
"Vanessa's always been close to her family," she explained, "it's hard for her to take half-siblings very well. I think she'll understand once she hears from Adeska though... least I hope so."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:58 pm
User Image

Jack looked back at his mother, concealing the flash of anger in his eyes. He nodded, biting back the sharp response he was about to administer and instead focusing solely on Tessa. "Perhaps she should speak to the girl then, while I make preparations for dinner," Jack said, forcing a smile before kissing Tessa's forehead and ducking away to speak with Mr. Porter, his fingers running through his hair.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:10 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"I... think it may be best if I stayed behind with them Jack." Tessa said softly, "I don't want to leave you to things alone, but I think for everyone's well-being I should be around to explain things in case of the worst..."
She was clearly saddened by her apparent choice of action - or inaction as it were - but all the same it was for the best in her view.
"I'm sorry, Jack. I really wanted to go, too."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:20 pm
User Image

"Fine." Jack said stopping in walking away. "I'll leave after dinner," He said turning. "Love," He added, looking Tessa in the eye. He understood where she was coming from, but even still, he had wanted her there with him when he went. He seemed on the verge of saying something more before he abruptly turned and continued to Mr. Porter and the camel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:03 am
User Image
<.,.-'-''-.,_Cassandra Nayime_,.-''-'-.,.>

So warm...
The flares of a burning passion.
The focus, the power.
Here I stand,
Here I dream...
The faith of an untold force of magic.
Slowly drowning...

"Tessa."
Cassandra's voice rose slightly as she stepped forward and dropped a firm hand on Tessa's shoulder with a slightly rough stare.
"Go with the man. Vanessa will be alright, I'm sure. You've got things to do, your man to be with. You think Ferathi and I can't keep things intact here?"

Tessa turned after a second and looked up to Cassandra in disbelief.
"But, why?"

"Never mind why for now. If worse comes to worst we can go early. I doubt it'll come to that though, so trust us, will you?"
"A...alright..."
Tessa lowered her head somberly for a moment before picking up her spirit again and coming out to where Jack and Mr. Porter had been.
"Don't count me out of this one Jack. Not yet; I'm coming."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:20 pm
User Image

"Well I don't know Mr. Porter," Jack said impatiently, looking at the camel with his arms crossed. "The other William was never as picky of an eater. Get it on land to see what it does," He then dismissed Mr. Porter and turned to Tessa, unable to keep from smiling. "Thank you. It would be an understatement to say I would rather the gallows than face the courts with only my mother behind me," He said softly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa raised an eyebrow in noticing the conversation she had interrupted, but managed to restrain a laugh upon noticing the topic. Still Jack's resulting remark stung her somewhat, and a number of questions rose in her mind regarding the matter.
"Jack, what's our business here anyway?" She asked timidly.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:02 pm
User Image

"To inform the courts about the Company, and to request aid for the future," Jack said, looking towards shore, his gaze narrowing. "I suspect that my mother has her motives as well, but what they are I don't know," He said in a low murmur as to not alert his mother.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:05 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa raised an eyebrow in curiosity for a moment before dismissing the notion of ulterior motives for the time being. She would have to ask later.
"Fair enough," she said with a shrug, "so what's the plan in the meantime?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:08 pm
User Image

"Are our dinner plans still in place?" Jack asked, looking to Tessa before looking over at the rest of the Sisterhood. "If they are then we should begin preparations for that, but if not..." Jack trailed off and shrugged. His hand laced with Tessa's and he brought her hand up to his lips which he brushed against her knuckles with a brief smile before he closed his eyes with a sigh. "Tonight I'll need to hunt," He said quietly, bringing Tessa's hand away from his mouth.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games