Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:17 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Cortez__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

"What do you mean?"
Tessa blinked in surprise but something didn't make sense to her. She paused a moment in her following of Jack but moved quickly to catch up to him and followed in step beside him.
"This was planned? Who would do such a thing?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Stretching his memory thin, Jack shook his head and sighed, his stride lengthening in his haste to return to the Duchess. "We can only hope that this is not to sway Calypso to their favor, and that he was needed for some other purpose," That thought in itself was not entirely comforting, but Jack merely shrugged, obviously puzzled over the matter. "Its nice to see the council hasn't changed much, although I pity that bloke with the mortal heart," Jack said, switching subjects with a chuckle. "I can't blame him. Even as a vampire Felix is incredibly intimidating,"

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:11 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"I'm... guessing I shouldn't ask," Tessa said after a moment, "I usually regret it."
She continued along in silence, out of the hall, away from view but reached out and stopped Jack by the shoulder suddenly - however softly - after a while. Her breath was slightly shallow, but determined all the same.
"Jack," she said in just over a whisper, "all this time you've wanted more than what I've been able to give you, I know. The whole while I've been afraid to give it to you but... I'm not afraid anymore." She looked up to him with a faint smile, "I'm not afraid of change now, if you still want it."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:30 pm
User Image

Jack looked into her eyes with surprise, before he looked towards the general area of the Duchess. "But what about the others? What will they think?" He asked, looking back to Tessa. Inside, he was both happy and concerned. This was something that she needed to want, and have no doubts about. He wouldn't force her into it, it had taken him years to accept what he was. He smiled and wrapped Tessa in his arms, running his hand through her hair. "You can't have any doubts about this love. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if...if you found yourself unhappy," He said softly.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:39 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Jack," Tessa said quietly, "if a pirate can keep himself restrained for several months in the company of his lover while being a vampire, what makes you think a former priestess would have to worry about?"
She was sure enough, and at least in her mind she held confidence, given what she had known for a time already.
"Besides, I'm not used to you being hesitant Jack. Don't tell me you're having doubts?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:02 pm
User Image

"I just won't force you into it Tessa," Jack said gently, searching her eyes just as softly. "And my vampire blood will only sustain you so far for your first drink. I wouldn't want to be the cause for your thirst-pains." He said. "But...perhaps something could be managed," He added after a moment with a smile.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:11 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Jack, let me ask you a purely tangential question..."
Tessa reached behind her and loosened Jack's grip enough that she could take a half-step away, and she rested a hand on his shoulder with a steady glance in his eyes. Her lips turned down the slightest bit in an unconvincing frown, one that betrayed a fair bit of thought and not a single bit of dissatisfaction.
"If a Half-Elf is desiring of something life-changing and is aware that circumstances have lessened the ramifications of such a desire, does her means of attaining that desire rejoice?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:51 pm
User Image

Jack smiled and kissed her wrist softly. "Indeed the means does," He said soflty, breathing the words on her skin as he turned his head to the side. His eyes fluttered closed before his automatic reflex kicked in and they snapped open. "Perhaps we should at least go to the Duchess," He said, turning back to Tessa, a smile on his lips and in his eyes. "We could draw attention to ourselves, and I want to go over the rest of what we should with you." He said, taking the hand that was on his shoulder and brushing his lips against her knuckles.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:59 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa raised an eyebrow, then looked behind her for a moment before turning back to Jack inquisitively.
"If you're trying to avoid attention, why do it on a shipful of sailors Jack? Isn't that a bit contradictory?" She looked around for a moment, thinking, "And... what is it you were wanting to discuss? I wasn't informed of anything, besides the... alright, if you insist. I guess I shouldn't be so doubting, should I?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:16 pm
User Image

"Trust me love," Jack said in her ear, softly. He trailed a finger down her neck before sweeping Tessa off her feet and carrying her though the streets. "Believe me, a shipful of sailors is far better than this...unsanitary thing named a city," Felix also was on his mind. Other vampires did not exactly enjoy someone demonstrating vampiric powers in their "territory", especially turning someone.

Once they were aboard the Duchess, Jack set Tessa down on the bed and sat next to her. He thought for a moment before beginning to speak. "My personal experience with the change was horrid, so I won't base this off of me. Rather, speaking to the vampires that got me off that forsaken island enlightened me to how else it may feel. One said it was pleasurable, sensual if you will, the other one described it as cold followed by a burning. The experience may be different for you, but I just want you to know that I will be here the entire time," He said softly.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:47 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa had to take a moment to get over her sudden burst of panic-excitement from Jack's carrying her back to the ship, but in listening to what Jack had to say at its conclusion she nodded slowly, eyes closing as she tried to imagine ahead of time how it might turn out. She had her hopes but wasn't about to cling to any, at least not yet.
"I understand," she said, slightly shakily, "is it wrong for me to be nervous?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:55 pm
User Image

"It is only natural for someone to be scared of their own death," Jack said with a brief smile. He looked around the cabin, making sure that they were alone. "And there is no way of saying what you will experience. Fear of the unknown is also normal," The pirate said, closing his eyes, shuddering lightly with the anticipation of his part in the change. "Would you rather to begin now, or tomorrow?" He asked, not opening his eyes.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:11 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa shook her head slowly after a split second's thought, eyes still closed. Her breathing had gotten increasingly shallow, as if to dull her senses such that any pain might not be so easily noticed, though it gave her a slightly more worn appearance.
"I'd rather not lose any sleep over it Jack," she said faintly, "best to get it done with sooner than later."
She opened her eyes and looked down at her hand, her stare blank and unreadable.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:25 pm
User Image

Jack nodded and went on his hands and knees above her with a small smile as he let his lips hungrily graze her neck, moving to her chin line before brushing against her lips softly. They worked back over to her neck and Jack let his natural instinct overcome his logical side as his left hand slipped under Tessa's neck and lifted it slightly. His fangs brushed against her skin, excitement working its way into his being before he bit, a low growl vibrating through his chest. He drank deeply, as if to kill his wife, before he broke away at the last second, leaving only enough blood for the body to attempt to survive, before the vampirism would kick in. He withdrew from over Tessa and drew her to his chest while he laid down on his side, his eyes closed in concentration, listening to Tessa's heartbeat.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:58 pm
Tessa's brief gasp of pain at the piercings in her throat silenced not long after, and again she closed her eyes. Without the flow of blood sustaining her an icy chill ran through in its place, and before long she had passed out.

A brief wave overcame both her vision and Jack's, the immediate surroundings fading away into a landside environment. The same town the couple had visited Tyele Orinae, after a moment of recognition. However the establishments were much smaller, more built on a temporary foundation. At the center of the town square a young man and a slightly younger-looking Tessa stood a mere five paces from each other, Tessa with Seriel haphazardly sheathed at her side.
"Waeran Seriel?" He asked her, "You have got to be kidding me."
He took a step forward and flipped out his hand her way for a moment, as if in indication for the sword to be relinquished.

"No, Randall!" Tessa shouted, "You've gotten everything from mother as it were. I'm not about to let you hold the one thing I do have over my head as if I were simply a child!"
"Then stop acting like one!" He countered, "Look, I don't know what you're on about with this whole destiny and divine guidance you keep going on about but it's going to get you killed! Do you have even the slightest idea how dangerous Tessalona is?"
Tessa turned away from him and took a step away, despite his protests. She spun around and swept her hand across at him, freezing his entirety where it stood, though his eyes betrayed their disbelief in his frozen state.
"Still don't believe me?" She asked on the wind, "It's a cold world when you can't trust your own sister."
With that she walked away, and a faint red image of herself remained behind, staring on in terror. The same image as the adult Tessa Cortez.

While to simple notice a scant few seconds had passed, it felt longer, as if an hour had passed each second that had gone by, and Randall's iced prison melted away. He fell to all fours, gasping for breath.
"Tessa..." he whispered, "someday I will have to find you... to tell you what I couldn't. I can only hope I'm not dead before I can get this through to you."
He stood slowly, gripping at his shoulder through the pain of standing.
"I never meant for all this damned fighting. I only wanted to see you be a better woman than I am a man, and now look what I've done. If, by some chance you're still close enough to hear it... I pray you succeed."

Tessa's reddened silhouette remained unmoving, clearly ashamed of her own actions of the past. She raised a closed hand to her chest and bowed her head over it, eyes closed in guilt.

But then she awoke with a start, and immediately she was bolt-upright with a vain attempt at crying "Randall!" through a breathless whisper. All she could do for several seconds was to gasp for air for several seconds.  
Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games