Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:59 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack paused before answering. Before, before all of this, before he was a vampire, and before anything happened, perhaps the world was better, but there were a great many blemishes in his memory that would not allow him to say that the world was gentle. "My life back then was not without pain, but I was so very little involved in conflict that for a time, the harshest part of life was the sea," Jack said softly. "Even the harsher times come and go Tessa. Cling to the hope that one day you will live to see a brighter day on the horizon, and that you live long enough to see it," He said, looking over to her with mild concern, as well as a swell of other emotions.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:08 pm
User Image
Tessa Cortez

The fear of the many,
the price of the truth.

Tessa looked up at her husband with a curious expression before bringing a hand to his and trailing it up to his upper arm, unable to quite reach his shoulder.
"Jack, you never do fail to surprise me. Vampire, pirate, gentleman, and still with a wisdom enough to rival the face of reality. What can't you do?" She laughed softly, if slightly hollow in tone, "Or shouldn't I ask, mm?"

The Wisdom of the Slaughter,
forever drowning...

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:29 pm
User Image

Jack chuckled, laying down next to Tessa, propping himself up on an elbow and looking her over. "I can do anything you ask of me love," He said with a grin, bringing his gaze back up to her eyes. "And then some," He said in a growling, playful tone with a wink. He let his hand connect with hers and softly trace the contours of it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:24 pm
User Image
Tessa Cortez

The fear of the many,
the price of the truth.

"Oh, I'm sure... but that sounds like a challenge to me." Tessa lifted herself halfway in dragging Jack down with her, "And I accept..."

The Wisdom of the Slaughter,
forever drowning...

"So, this is it, is it? You've come to finish me off even now that I've taken a stand against the very reason you wanted to kill me in the first place?"
"You were never being forced, Illumine. You said it yourself; you acted on your own, even if you regret it."
"And you're going to kill me because I succeeded? Are you mad, Fienna?"
"No. I am the daughter of death. It has called your name for some time now, as I am sure you are aware."
"Wait... Oh, you wretch. It was you all along, wasn't it! You were the one behind Kesaide's turning!"
"Your powers of deduction are not too far off. Commendable, but I have to ask... even if you were to kill him, what would you do then? You cannot solve all the problems in creation; it must be rewritten."
"Then I would die trying."
"Be grateful then; now is your chance."

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:39 pm
User Image

Some time later, Jack lay with his eyes closed, loosely holding Tessa to him while he breathed slowly, merely in a state of content. He was happy, partially because of the happiness he felt just by being close to Tessa, and partially because of the lack of thirst he felt towards Tessa. Either way, he smiled and kissed the top of Tessa's head softly, breathing in her scent. "I love you," He murmured.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:45 pm
User Image
Ferathi Orlerretyn

Anxiety has always held the troubled heart,
the the price of their ambition.

The sound of a triplet of blades being drawn outside on deck and the sheathing of one was the only audible sign of anything before Ferathi quietly nudged open the door and gave Jack a slightly alarmed look and an indicative incline of her head to the deck.
"We have a visitor..." she said quietly, "someone I suspect you'll recognize."

The Freedom of the Slaughter,
Endlessly falling...

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:52 pm
User Image

Jack moved leisurely upright and buttoned his shirt the rest of the way before maneuvering himself off the bed and shrugging on his coat and wrapping his belt around his waist before donning his hat and going to the door, slipping through between Ferathi and the doorway. "This had better be worth me getting out of bed," Jack grumbled, straightening his neck-cloth and stepping out on deck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:56 pm
User Image
Illumine Kerael

I could have been something more.
I could have meant something in this web.
Instead, I surrendered to hatred.

Illumine stood against the mast, clearly beaten and worn to an extent where any mortal or supernal would have been crippled if lucky, but her face betrayed no sign of fear despite the blades of Cassandra and Vanessa tipped at her throat.
"I'd hoped we wouldn't have to meet again," she said after a short moment of recognition, "...Jack. I realize it's a lot to ask but could you call these two off? I'm in no mood to be hanging any more on death's edge than I already am."

Though I am the goddess of Light,
I am sworn on my life now,
forever to fall into darkness.

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:02 pm
User Image

Jack's eyes narrowed before he jerked his head to the left, indicating to the two threatening Illumine to back off. "Let us hear at least what she has to say, hmm?" Jack asked calmly, his voice strained a little with reserved anger. "Why exactly is it that we have the displeasure of meeting again?" He asked, moving closer a few steps, shrugging his left shoulder.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:10 pm
User Image
Illumine Kerael

After a moment's hesitation, Cassandra and Vanessa lowered their blades and took two steps back each. Illumine breathed substantially easier but did not move otherwise.
"I came into a recent struggle with Fienna Morael." She explained, "I don't know how aware you are of this but the girl isn't entirely herself from time to time. I was lucky to get away with my life, but when I did I noticed something I wasn't expecting..."
She looked a little more sternly to Jack, her expression otherwise unwavering.
"Being a goddess in the elemental domains isn't as simple as it is informative. Someone she's met, I can only assume, has a controlling factor in her dilemma, and in tracing it I found she'd come across you as well... do you know anything about this?"

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 pm
User Image

Jack thought for a moment, his hand tracing the rim of his hat softly as he thought. His hand fell to his side, and he shrugged his left shoulder. "Nothing more than the rest of us I can only assume," Jack said, gesturing to the sisterhood members that were on deck and to his crew who was standing nearby. The members that were not in the whorehouses or taverns on land that is. His eyes roamed over Illumine warily. "At least nothing that directly comes to mind," He added in a murmur after a moment, the residual blood mixed with alcohol in his system fogging his memory ever so slightly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:40 pm
User Image
Illumine Kerael

"It was worth a try," Illumine said more to herself than anyone else, "I should be on my way then. Thank you."
With that and a brief flash of gold she was away.

Ferathi stepped forward and looked over to Jack with a curious expression. Clearly she had either missed or misunderstood something.
"What is she on about, Jack?" She asked after a second, "Who's this, Fienna?"

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:02 pm
User Image

"The daughter of death or something," Jack said, taking off his hat and rubbing his forehead, as if trying to erase the seemingly permanent wrinkle on his brow. "I first met her back at the first port we stopped in, de Canta I believe," He said. "I have no fond memories of her really, and neither does...my...mother..." Jack looked around, noticing her absence. His sister was there, perched on the railing, curious as could be, but his mother was gone. Jack looked down in a brief thought before looking back up. "No matter," He murmured to herself. "The girl is powerful, she has a scythe," Jack said, rather lamely and bluntly. Thoughts swirled through his head and he narrowed his eyes, picking out the train of thought he wished to follow at that moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 pm
User Image
Cassandra Nayime

Hatred dwells in the hearts of most,
the price of all pride.

"Either way, it seems you get a lot more action here than any of us are used to in the dark hours." Cassandra noted somewhat dryly, "Sorry to disrupt your rest Jack; we would have kept it quiet but, well..."

"A special case," Vanessa interjected in Cassandra's stumbling, "either way, we can keep watch well enough."

The Fury of the Slaughter,
restlessly burning...

Order Of Chaos: Oh, that needs changing... bad.

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:43 pm
User Image

Jack arched an eyebrow before shaking his head and chuckling. "It is my ship, no?" He asked, looking to the neatly tied crimson sails above their heads. "Besides, I should be taking to the courts. My ah...delay," He looked back to the cabin, a smile full of dangerous intent playing quietly at the corners of his mouth. "Certainly will not please them," He looked back to the land with a somewhat weary sigh. Felix would not be pleased, and that man already hated him.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games