Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 am
User Image
Ferathi Orlerretyn

Anxiety has always held the troubled heart,
the the price of their ambition.

"So she surrendered, did she?" Ferathi giggled, "That explains the day's worth of a disappearance, but alright. We can still keep watch either way."
She took the moment to stretch her wings, a small pop sounding in her back as she did so and she arched slightly from it, causing several more.
"You know, these keep growing and I'm going to have to learn to polymorph just to keep them down," she mused, "how in the world do the elders manage it?"

Vanessa shook her head at Ferathi's rantings and stepped over to Jack, giving a brief indicative nod Adeska's way.
"Who is she?" She asked him, "I don't think I've seen her before."

The Freedom of the Slaughter,
Endlessly falling...

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:06 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"Ah," Jack was reluctant in explaining to Vanessa who exactly Adeska was, before looking to the girl, and back at Vanessa, deciding now would be the best time to explain. "She is the daughter of Calypso," He said quietly, hoping that the girl, now looking strangely at him as he looked on to her, would not overhear. He shifted his gaze uneasily to Vanessa and waiting to see her reaction, and whether or not she would put together that Adeska was the half sister she had disapproved of.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:22 pm
User Image
Vanessa Halderi

Foolery of the soul, ever reckless;
the price of its impatience.

Vanessa's stare went blank for a moment as she connected one thought to the next and merely nodded after the realization. "I understand," she said with a smile, "it's nothing to worry about and besides... I wouldn't be doing myself any credit panicking."
She looked over Adeska's way and for the first time since she had boarded the craft, appeared at ease with the situation at hand. She made her way over and sat down on the inside of the railing.

"You can thank Ferathi and I for the change of view, Jack," Cassandra said simply, "apparently Vanessa's death left her without a few memories of her own family. Not usually a kind topic to discuss, but it was a necessary thing."

The Will of the Slaughter,
eternally crumbling away...

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack furrowed his brow and tilted his head slightly before nodding. "I should be taking my leave," He murmured before departing, tipping his hat to Cassandra.

Adeska watched her brother leave before looking to the mainland in curiosity, wondering what it was like inside. She then turned her attention to Vanessa and looked at her, a mix of curiosity and nervousness in her eyes. "Hello," She said softly, with a smile.

This is what I loved...And lost.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:54 pm
User Image
Vanessa Halderi

"Hello," Vanessa said shyly, looking up a slight ways with a smile, "Vanessa Halderi, if you'd like to know. I travel quite a bit with the others over there -" she indicated Cassandra and Ferathi, "- and Tessa, if you already know her."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:38 pm
User Image
Adeska------------------------------------------
-------------------Nessin

I was a child of sin.
I carry my mother's power.
I was possessed.

"Oh...yes." Adeska said, slightly ashamed of her behavior towards Tessa the last time they had spoken. Still, it seemed that Jack loved her a great deal, so she would attempt to make amends at one time or another. Perhaps it would make Jack like her more. That thought made her feel foolish and she played with the hem of her sleeve. Looking for her brother's satisfaction in her...pathetic.

"So you have been to a lot of places?" Adeska asked, looking back to Vanessa after a moment.

This is no more.
I am my own master.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:20 pm
User Image
Vanessa Halderi

"More than I can remember, it seems," Vanessa said shamefully, "and I can remember more than I can count on both hands. It's an odd life, to be sure."
She looked up and her face showed her delight that in fact her prior notion hadn't put her off on a poor start while her eyes betrayed her curiosity about the girl sitting above and beside her.
"What about you? How did you land up here on the Duchess?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:28 pm
User Image

I was a child of sin.
I was possessed.

Adeska's eyes darkened and she studied overboard for a long while, watching the dark ocean lap against the side of the ship. "I was possessed," She said in a voice that was weary, but had a hint of darkness to it. Her gaze raised to the courts, the lights reflected nearly perfectly in her dark navy blue eyes and she blinked a few times, obviously slightly upset by the memory.

"But that time is gone. I am myself again, however strange it may be," The girl said, looking to Vanessa with a brief smile, a smile that seemed reminiscent to Jack's whenever he was stressed. "Fortunately I have family here and..." Her gaze drifted to Mr. Porter with a small smile. "People that care for me," She said softly, before looking away from Mr. Porter as he turned as if to catch her gaze.

This is no more.
I am my own master.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:49 am
User Image
Vanessa Halderi

Vanessa's stunned silence was all she could reply with. Possession was not something she was familiar with, despite her experience in death. Judging from Adeska's tone, she could only assume it was as poor a topic to think about, perhaps even worse.
"If it's any consolation, the Sisterhood and I make it a point to give relief to those in need of it. It's part of how we get to so much travelling; we set ourselves on course for one person's need and we come across another. Priorities get so scrambled... but perhaps there is something we could do to help you out as well?" She followed her gaze to Mr. Porter, and she raised an eyebrow returning hers to Adeska, "The man has a good nature, as far as I can tell. How do you know him?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:29 am
User Image

I was a child of sin.
I was possessed.

"He's nice," Adeska said with a blush lost in the sunset. "And he helped me a bit once I was on ship here," She bit her lip nervously before busying herself with her sleeve again, fiddling with a loose thread. "He is a good man, better than what you would suspect for this ship," She added after a moment. Then, the demi-goddess resolved herself to thinking about what Vanessa had said, and the Sisterhood as a whole. It would be interesting, to travel, help others, of free will.

This is no more.
I am my own master.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:03 am
User Image
Vanessa Halderi

Vanessa giggled slightly and looked back over to Porter, before drawing her conclusion that there was in fact more to Adeska's story of the man than she had admitted thus far. Still she would not bring it up so soon and resigned herself to a momentary silence on the matter, but she could only restrain herself for so long.
"The Scarlet Duchess has a lot of strange individuals to her name, from what little experience I've had here. You may find yourself in a fine situation here, if you put your mind to it."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:23 am
User Image

I was a child of sin.
I was possessed.

Adeska nodded, biting her lip again in contemplation if she should voice her opinion on a matter, before the urge overcame her. "Jack scares me a bit though," She said quietly, swinging her legs off the side of the railing that was off-ship. "I don't know if I can stay here if he doesn't like me," She said, looking at the water again, using a small portion of her power to make small ice crystals creep up the side of the ship harmlessly. They soon melted and slid back down to the ocean under Adeska's gaze.

This is no more.
I am my own master.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 pm
User Image
Vanessa Halderi

Vanessa laughed, "Jack is the captain, Adeska... it's his job to scare people. How better to be sure your own crew will do what you need them to if you can't intimidate them?"
She looked up, eyes full of mirth but there was still some odd sense of pain in them from what she had said, however well she hid it.
"You'll be alright here, I'm sure. Besides, if I've been led rightly to suspect then I'm sure you have a few people willing to stick up in your defense, right?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:18 am
User Image

I was a child of sin.
I was possessed.

Nodding, Adeska turned her gaze back to the courts with a sigh. "Calypso hasn't come back," She said, a nervous, near paranoid tone to her voice. If it was anyone to defend her, she wanted her mother, the one person that was powerful enough to protect her fully. And of course, the only one that she trusted most.

This is no more.
I am my own master.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:57 am
User Image
Vanessa Halderi

Vanessa took the longest time to determine a response but in the end could not, and merely sighed, defeated. As much as she wanted to offer her own assistance she was neither in a position to make such an offer nor planning on staying on the ship long enough to actually prove her worth. Still one name did come to mind all the same...
"You should talk to Tessa sometime," she said with a faint smile, "I know she can help, and I know nobody better in all the world for so kind a heart as hers."

Order Of Chaos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games