Time? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:20 pm
Well I believe that beliefe still counts. I could do schoolwork all day and believe I had just been sleeping.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:43 am
I_27_04
Well I believe that beliefe still counts. I could do schoolwork all day and believe I had just been sleeping.

what would that accomplish? you could live in a cave and believe you are king.

khuan

Quote:
what about changes in the perception of time? you know like "time flies when your having fun" or time in school seems to creep by.

I'd say that is more a question of psychology than metaphysics. Time doesn't actually speed up, it doesn't even really seem to speed up, we simply forget to keep track of it while we are having a good time then remember it and can't believe that we have spent the amount of time we have spent.

i find it difficult sometimes to separate all things into classes as such. When we speak of function it could be said to be about psychology but when we speak of awareness we could be speaking of metaphysics, but in reality we could be speaking of the same thing in both instances. the way i see it it doesnt matter what class of knowledge we are talking about though it is true what you have said. what i am bringing to question is how our awareness changes from moment to moment without us being aware of the changes. our perception of time changes yet we did not initiate it nor could we do it on command. it is part of the mystery of time and is also a further kudos to Necera for making the distinction between time and clock.
it is a known principle of physics that the observer changes the observed simply by the action of observation.  

AbrAbraxas
Crew

CaboCor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:42 pm
The word "time" is man made....der is only Past, Present, and Future....but we call it Time.....i guess.....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:38 pm
AbrAbraxas
I_27_04

what would that accomplish? you could live in a cave and believe you are king.

khuan

Quote:
what about changes in the perception of time? you know like "time flies when your having fun" or time in school seems to creep by.

I'd say that is more a question of psychology than metaphysics. Time doesn't actually speed up, it doesn't even really seem to speed up, we simply forget to keep track of it while we are having a good time then remember it and can't believe that we have spent the amount of time we have spent.

i find it difficult sometimes to separate all things into classes as such. When we speak of function it could be said to be about psychology but when we speak of awareness we could be speaking of metaphysics, but in reality we could be speaking of the same thing in both instances. the way i see it it doesnt matter what class of knowledge we are talking about though it is true what you have said. what i am bringing to question is how our awareness changes from moment to moment without us being aware of the changes. our perception of time changes yet we did not initiate it nor could we do it on command. it is part of the mystery of time and is also a further kudos to Necera for making the distinction between time and clock.
it is a known principle of physics that the observer changes the observed simply by the action of observation.

Well if I lived in a cave then I might as well pretend I am a king, because their would be nothing else to do.  

27x
Crew

Smartteaser192

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:12 pm
Can you say that time is constant? Because we can only go forward than backward unless we travel west in different time zones.

Time in a mini scale is not stable. When is "now" now?

1st second and the 2nd second will not define the emphasis of the present moment. Seconds go very fast and yet we do you not have any derivative measurements to measure the speed of the seconds.

It is very difficult to determine the Past, present and future of time in the "Second" level since Time is constantly forward.

Second 1, Second 2 and Second 3

In second 1, does the past and the future exist?
In Second 2, Ditto
In Second 3, Ditto.

Meaning, in every moment, the worlds before and after doesn't really exist or does it?

History are only records of those past worlds.

In case you are confused, I am symbolizing 1 moment as 1 second as 1 world.  
Philosophy Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff