Submit

you like movies?
  booya!
  boono!
View Results

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:21 pm
I've heard there are many people ill about the Avatar movie cause all the casting is white, when obviously there are very not white characters  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:11 pm
There's a reason for that: lots of white (child) actors. Very few asian.  

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:32 pm
what about the black girl...or Indian...I don't know I don't watch it, but she ain't white.

and there are plenty of Asian kids as actors  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 am
no... they keep them in the factories making shirts for wal-mart  

Avaxis Spin
Crew

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 pm
mrgreen Its good for the Economy, So China says mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:20 pm
Movie Review:

Sukiyaki Western Django

Director: Takashi Miike

Let me start by saying that I'm no stranger to foreign films. I've seen a number of them ranging from bad kung fu movies to some really cool modern movies. If there is one thing that I've seen in foreign movies it's this. When it comes to creating the opitime of bad a** characters and combining them with shots and action scene's that you could only ever find in either a comic or anime... the Japanese win everytime. I first experienced the sense of style that many Japanese action directors cary with them when I saw The Returner. While the movie itself was kinda low on the rating scale, the stunt/action sequences were something to behold. With that said, Miike has managed to once again amaze me with a style and flair that I have almost come to expect (yet never cease to be amazed by) from great Japanese directors.

The film itself is an english film, that showcases Takashi Miike's vision of what a spaghetti western should be. The gunslingers in this film have got to be some of the rawest ever put on screen. And as a huge (and I mean huge) fan of Clint Eastwoods man with no name series (Fist full of dollars, for a few dollars more, the good the bad and the ugly) that's saying a lot.

The main character (Hideaki Ito for those who want to know) is the ever loving and always sleek lone gunman type coming into a town full of villians to make a buck. The town itself is controlled by two groups. The Reds... and The Whites. But as what happens with every cliched (yet still wonderful) western, both groups piss him off and realize the error of that situation. I say that but that really only skims the very tip top layer of this film. There is so much going on at one time that it is difficult to lay down the story without getting side tracked into telling the whole freakin movie.

The opening at first kind of threw me off. It's a very strange, and farily laughable opening with quentin tarantino begining the story for us. But once you get past that first (and strange) five minutes, the story flows wonderfully back and forth from past to present.

Probably the most amazing thing about this was the visual look of it all. The film itself was very colorful, yet still had a very gritty essence to it. Your eye's were engulfed by the combination of red and white starks, yet you felt a sense of the dirtyness of the town.

In short, it was a film that actually brought forth emotion from me. I truly felt what the characters felt (except for the pain of their bowels being blown out) and smiled during their bitter sweet moments. I would recomend it to anyone who not only appreciates a good (and slightly over the top) western (don't even try to ask "when do they load the gun?") but also anyone who appreciates an artistic/dramatic movie.

4.25/5

Another good one from Miike is Ichi The Killer... Miike is really amazing  

Avaxis Spin
Crew

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Funny you should mention Takashi Miike. I happen to be a fan of this movie:

The Happiness of the Katakuris

I've mentioned this film a few times with people and how amazing weird it is. Weird and awesome. To quote some movie guy: "A delirious splatter-musical that imagines what might have happened if the Von Trapp family (Sound of Music) had wandered into Dawn of the Dead."

The film itself doesn't settle with one genre. Its got clay animation, musical, horror, and comedy all mixed together. The very opening sequence is a very good "WTF?!"

The basic plot is, a family tries to run a Inn in the countryside but is doing very poorly. When they finally get visitors they are shocked to realize that they end up dead the next morning, usually by some bizarre occurrence. In order to keep the inn running, they decide to just bury the bodies secretly. There's also a fun subplot with the daughter and a conman navy officer who is a very inventive liar.

A black comedy that will most likely confuse the hell out of you but you won't care because it's far too amusing. As for the ending... well I doubt you'll expect it.

Trailer

4 out of 5 dramallama  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:06 am
looks interesting. i may have to check that out  

Avaxis Spin
Crew

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:19 pm
Just watched it again a minute ago. It still makes me laugh.
I'll see if I can burn a copy and or something, or find one that someone has already.

EDIT:
Totally not a illegal torrent or anything torrent  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:24 am
So i hit that link and got this....

To protect the security of your account, this URL cannot be accessed through Gaia Online

what kinda stuff you looking at maeth?  

Avaxis Spin
Crew

clubanimon
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:35 pm
Its because it goes to pirate bay.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3298939/Happiness.Of.The.Katakuris.2001.DVDivX-SKY

Is the proper link, just copy paste it.

---
Also boss...thats a weird movie.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:38 am
Yeah, but fun.

Apparently is a remake of an old Korean film "the Quiet Family" or something.  

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out