• Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

___________ ___________

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

"One use only orbs," he mumbled in response, swinging his legs over the edge of the room's single bed. Really. His mood was only getting worse by the second and Ray wasn't helping it even if it wasn't intentionally. Him and his big mouth. Roy shouldn't have asked so he could keep holding a grudge against Ray, but now he just felt bad. Although he really did feel sorry for his friend, a particular part of him that has been growing ever since he had attended his first class of "magic" found it oh so terribly ironic that misfortune befell one who relied on fortune as a hobby. "Urm, yea. Don't open that here. I don't want my room to smell weird or have it blown into bits."

The sight of the liquid brought both good and bad memories and he quickly hopped onto the next subject. "Yea, sure. Whatever. Let's go explore and find another blasted guardian that will send us on a journey to God knows where," he shrugged as he walked over to the mess of papers he had left on the work table and flipped through them to pull out his inscription forms and schedule. "My homeroom is...World Studies and Magical Creature. At least that ought to be fun," he grinned, the first time in a while. Hopefully the school's schedule will keep him busy and keep his mind from wandering off. "And you?"

±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:04 am
◆ Ray Colburn ◆
⊑"Luck never gives, it only lends."⊒

User Image

User ImageUser Image

"I doubt that there would be any toxic fumes coming from a phial of medicine destined for human consumption, even if it is past it's expiry date." Ray had begun to collect all his possessions that had spilled onto Roy's bed and replaced them into his bag, when he answered the next question with ease. "Math and Science if it wasn't quite the evident choice for me. I have no interest in Magics in Weaponries, nor do I for Arts and Music since music is merely applied physics. Finally for World Studies and Magical Creatures... let's just say it's not my preferred choice out of the selection." The gambler tried to not sound as insulting for Roy's choice of homeroom, but wasn't too sure how successful that had sounded.

It was then that he had noticed a glossed piece of paper among the amount of paperwork handed to him in the Front Office upon his arrival. Picking it up carefully to look at it's contents, he read aloud, "New Year's Event: Ice Ball..." Was it already 2012? Time had passed rather quickly for the platinum blond. "Happy New Year, Roy!" He said, attempting a smile that would lighten up the mood of his friend although it came out as an awkwardly forced one. "What do you say we head over to one of these planned activities?" Blues eyes redirected themselves to said sheet of paper and scanned it quickly looking for anything interesting. Perhaps some physical activity would help lighten up Roy's state of mind. After all, studies have showed that physical activity lead to the prevention of depression as well as the improvement of mood.

"There is... 'Snowball-Fight Zone' " Now why would one amusedly splatter small ice particles against another's face? It was beyond the personal comprehension of the sheltered teen, but decided to just continue reading the other events offered. "Danger Lake: Speed Skating, Obstacle Skating, and Ice Hockey" A half contained chuckle came from Ray's mouth as he read for the first time the activities. Ice hockey was never his cup of tea as he saw it being an activity for the brutes despite it's general popularity among the youth in his hometown. "A few frozen lakes - One for dancing and another for figure skating and free-skating" There was no comment for the lakes. Physical activities were never his strong point, especially when it involved groups of people. "An ice-sculpting competition... That sounds interesting." Out of all the previous events, this one appeared to require an appropriate amount of physical exertion without too many thrills. "Finally, there's a refreshment cabin along with a spa. Any of these sound interesting to you Roy?"

User Image

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
Ⓡoy Ⓔvans
⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

Roy rolled his eyes at the mention of Ray's homeroom. Of course. He and Ray were as different as day and night and it was a wonder that they managed to get along. His lips twitched upwards at the thought of Ray riding unicorns or the likes. Not gonna happen anytime soon. "Happy New Year," he mumbled back as he tried to recall all the events that had taken place in one single year. That one year had been more eventful than his whole lifetime before he moved out to study abroad.

"I'm not that into sports," he admitted when he heard of Danger Lake. Sure, he's improved in the past year for the sake of survival, but he was more than ready to put that behind and forget about the drills he had to go through. "Ice-sculpting, eh? I never took you for the artistic kind." Roy shifted so he could snatch the pamphlet from Ray's hand in a swift motion. He went through the list of activities in a record time mostly because he wasn't bothering with the words and only the images.

Although he had never attempted to sculpt anything before, ice-sculpting was honestly what appealed to him the most...unless Ray was about to whip out some sort of architecture kit measuring tape. "Let's wait until we're frozen stiff before going to the cabin. The day is still young and we wouldn't want to waste it yet. I vote for Ice sculpting!"

In a blur of movement, Roy had jumped off his bed right past Ray. His luggage had swung open at his call and articles of clothings had started raining onto his bed and Ray. Organization and tidiness had never really been Roy's cup of tea and he would most likely retransfer everything back into his luggage or the drawers provided by the school without even bothering to fold his clothes. He caught a scarf in midair and a pair of extra thick mittens in preparation of what was to come.

Seize the day, putting as little trust as possible in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 am
◆ Ray Colburn ◆
⊑"Luck never gives, it only lends."⊒

User Image

User ImageUser Image

"Rather than considering myself to be interested in ice sculpting from an artistic perspective, I see it more as the single activity on this list that doesn't displease me. Although I have to admit I am rather keen on seeing these ice blocks for myself. Temperature as well as purity of the water are important factors in ice sculpting." Ray closed his bag and slug it across his shoulder as he waited for Roy to finish looking at the leaflet. Would bringing his bag to the event be necessary? It would probably serve more as a hindrance rather than anything else, so best to leave it back in his room. "Agreed. Drinking a hot beverage is best enjoyed after staying out in the cold for a lengthy period of time. So Ice Sculpting it is!" A smile came on the platinum blond's face as he noticed Roy's personality to be more jovial than previously, which meant that their relationship had improved and was starting to resemble their times together in their previous academy.

As Roy sprung from his bed clothes began to be thrown on the gambler who did not expect to be clobbered by clothes. "Oof..." It took some time to escape the intricate maze of clothing, but Ray managed to get himself out of the mess. "What high entropy..." The teen blurted out on instinct as his blue eyes looked at the mess Roy had created. Clearly once they were done the ice-sculpting, a small lesson on folding clothes was necessary. "I hope you brought a relatively thick winter jacket as well?"

He left the room in order to make his own preparations against the cold temperatures. Since the teen lived in province with relatively harsh winter climate, Ray had gotten used to the cold and had evidently come well equipped despite quite rarely leaving his house and needing such clothing. Dropping his trusty messenger bag onto his bed, he moved to his luggage and opened it with his own hands unlike what Roy had done. Grabbing his thicker jacket he usually wore for winter along with a scarf, gloves and even a bomber hat, he quickly slipped them on and quickly found himself to be rather too warm since the gambler was still indoors. The teenager waited in the living room for Roy to arrive so that they could leave for the event.

User Image

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 am
User ImageUser Image

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
Ⓡoy Ⓔvans
⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

As a matter of fact, Roy did not have a thick winter jacket. Having spent the majority of his life indoors, his concept of outdoor temperatures was not quite accurate. Sure, he had experienced winter firsthand in his last school, but the fireballs he had needed to dodge in one of their magic classes had kept him excessively warm. Having "equipped" his ice resistant gears that consisted of a pair of red earmuffs, a white, flimsy coat with red sleeves and a bright red maple leaf on its chest, an amber colored scarf and red mittens, Roy rushed out of his room, past Ray, to fetch his heavy winter boots. The doors to the closet flew open before he was remotely close to it and he clumsily hopped into his black footwear.

Ray had been looking rather uncomfortable and Roy was bask in the cold winter air so without another moment to waste, he turned the knob and pulled."Ready, set, go!" Roy let out in a breath, clearly not bothering to wait for Ray, and dashed out without a care in the world.

Seize the day, putting as little trust as possible in the future.

(OoC: Exit Roy and Ray to Ice Sculpting Competition)

◇ Catian Dorms

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff