Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:08 pm
Wickedefied
blondie_sheilds
kandyluveer
Another one
and the tinman is Boq who hurt Nessa so elphaba punished him so now he dosnt have a heart...

In the book it just turned out like that, she was trying to save him

Yes. It was pretty apparent in the scene.
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte

They could have made the storyline at least resemble the book's...it was almost nothing like it at all. I agree that they would have had to cut some of the scenes (not children appropriate...) but still...
yeah, but then some of the songs would be cut, but they should of atleast have the whole ama thing with ama Cultch dies and the whole rusty nail thing

That wasn't really important to the story tho...and I can understand why they cut some of the later scenes (like with Fiyero's family and Elphie's son) because they would have made it too long and unneccesary but mayhap they should have taken a minute to explain the Time Dragon that kinda hangs over the stage the whole time...I'm sure that confused a bunch of people that didn't rea the book.
Actually the only reason that Elphie is room mate with Galinda is because her Ama wasn't there or else she would have had someone else as a room mate

I love that part of the book, and Ama Clutch's illness and everything, but they did that scene really well in the play. I don't regret it. They had to cut some things. However, Fiyero's family is an important part of his life, and an important part of Elphaba's. Sarima is one of the main characters in her way. it's important that they be recognized. I think they should have put that in instead of making him the love interest of the play. That's not his character.
i know and they also forgot about Kill joy, but the play is my favorite broadway show  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:41 am
User Image

I think wicked the musical is a much different thing to the novel, even if they share some things. the musical is more...cheery?

Judy Garland

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:27 am
I~~nessarose~~I
User Image

I think wicked the musical is a much different thing to the novel, even if they share some things. the musical is more...cheery?
That is such a great pix...i agree, but it is still good and so is the novel...the musical is way more cheery then the book, by far!  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:13 pm
who was the cowardly lion
the only time i heard him was in the "march of the witch hunters"  

time_mage_moogle

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:58 pm
time_mage_moogle
who was the cowardly lion
the only time i heard him was in the "march of the witch hunters"
no one and that was the only time he was in there...they stapled a peice of cloth to the house and pulled on it  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:54 am
User Image

he is the lion cub elphaba saves from a life in a cage

Judy Garland

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:04 pm
Yeah but that is a stuffed animal and he isn't played by anyone  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:01 pm
User Image

ah yes, but still a character

Judy Garland

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:08 pm
ok you win this one  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:04 pm
What is this feeling?
So sudden and new?
I felt it the moment
I laid eyes on you
Personally, I like Nessa better in the play, where she has arms. And I have to agree with Nessarose about the cowardly lion.
My pulse is rushing
My head is reeling
My face is flushing
What is this feeling?

Elayne Sedai

Dapper Vampire

6,900 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friendly 100

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:59 pm