Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:25 am
Selene Blackledge
I found out about Oomph! by listening to Rammstein and going through the R+ guild (my favorite band ever!) But I think it was actually -_gekreuzigt auf dir_- that made me go look for them. You had a little avatar of Oomph! in your signature so I looked them up on Rhapsody and it said they were isreali and jewish....I was awfully confused when I clicked on the name and saw all these german song names. So clicked on the top one and it happened to be Augen Auf! It's still one of my favorite songs that I've heard by them, though just a couple of weeks later... Träumst du is my second. The version with the czech woman, Marta Jandová, singing in it.
Anyone know where I can get that version of Träumst du?

YAY! I influence people! xd
Oh, Jewish/Isreali Oomph!....actually I think the "Goi" part of Dero's stagename is Jewish...

And you can get that version of Träumst Du from either the TD single or one of the updated versions of Delikatessen. Or you can download it. But by the TOS standards, I can't say anything more than that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Lol, yes, yes you did.

Alright thanks, I'll have to order the Delikatessen, it has all the songs I like on that album.  

kappi papi

Floppy Member

Sterbende Liebe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:05 pm
One of my friends randomly found a video, Traumst Du, on Youtube and showed it to me. I thought it was an okay song but I wanted to find other songs by these guys. That led me to hear Augen Auf and they have won my love since then. Now I just go on LimeWire and download a whole bunch of random ones and listen to them.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Well... I was reading up on Rammstein, one day.
I didn't know that I would be hooked to a band just as good,
if not BETTER than them that day.
And I seen that their influence was Oomph!
So I decided to give them a listen.
Augen Auf? Liked.
Traumst Du? LOVED.
The Power of Love? Did it for me. HAHAH.
Now I'm hooked to Gott Ist Ein Popstar.

Sexual Spork

SamiRuoska

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:47 pm
bigblockletters
I was playing FIFA 2005 I think, and on the menu screen Augen Auf! started to play so I listened to it and I've loved it ever since.

YAY! that happened to me too!
when I unlocked that song I was like "WTF this is awesome..."
rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm
hey guyes im new here i like in slovenia so thats not far from germany i started to listen to oomph like 6 y ago smile .first my brother showed me a song and yea thats was it from then on i like them.also i was on a concert of rammstein some years ago they cool also.i also like the band die krupps n stuff like that.  

cg sacrilegium

Shoushitsu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:40 am
like many people here, i liked not just Rammstein (typical right) but other bits of German rock music that i heard, so i browsed wikipedia and heard about oomph!. so i listened to "sandmann" and fell in love with the song / their outfits and have liked them since (:  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:20 pm
    By total accident! No joke. I got onto my friends profile and she had Brennede Liebe, back then I had no idea who they were. So while doing a report over Rammstein, I came across their name! Looked them up and fell in love with again XD

nygggma

Aged Pumpkin

TakenKing

Devoted Grunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:47 pm
lol, I was looking for videos of Rammstein on youtube and found Augen Auf! by Oomph! I was like damn this is good, then fell in love (of course, lol) Later found out that Oomph! was a great influence on Rammstein. Go figure.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Haha, I love how everyone (including myself) finds them through Rammstein.
A gateway band, that's what they are. xD

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

Enishi Futashika

Greedy Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:50 pm
I actually have you to thank Gek for finding them. xp I was commenting your profile and I left to get something to drink, I came back and you had the vid for Wach auf! playing. I was hooked ever since  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 pm
Enishi Futashika
I actually have you to thank Gek for finding them. xp I was commenting your profile and I left to get something to drink, I came back and you had the vid for Wach auf! playing. I was hooked ever since
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
-----

biggrin
I didn't know that! But I'm so glad I managed to convert someone through my multimedia....that was my goal. yayyyyy!

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

VictimsDown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:40 pm
i already was listening to rammstein, then i was just lookin up other german rock bands and found em  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:26 pm
Gek -LaLeLu-
Enishi Futashika
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
-----

biggrin
I didn't know that! But I'm so glad I managed to convert someone through my multimedia....that was my goal. yayyyyy!

Alwayz gotta check out your stuff, maybe another band will pop up like that one day or something  

Enishi Futashika

Greedy Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The OOMPH! Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers