How did you come across the band? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:59 pm
Let's face it...unless you're in Germany or its surrounding countries (a.k.a not America), OOMPH! is pretty much unknown. So how did you hear about the guys?

I'm a major fan of Rammstein and I wanted to find some more German music. Someone in the R+ guild had an OOMPH! ShKM sig and I was like "There's a German band...kinda freaky frontman there, but I'll check 'em out." I heard Augen Auf! and its been love ever since. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm
same here...  

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

bigblockletters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:07 pm
I was playing FIFA 2005 I think, and on the menu screen Augen Auf! started to play so I listened to it and I've loved it ever since.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:54 pm
Me and one of my friends where just chatting about songs and she brung up Oomph! and I was hooked from then on  

Eki Warui

Unlawful Collaboration

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:48 pm
I don't...remember. >_>

I think one of my German friends had a song on their stereo, and I liked it, and I decided to check them out.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:54 pm
I used to adore Rammstein (hate them nowadays xP) and I wanted to expand my horizon. Thus, I came across OOMPH! and basically fell in love with them. :D  

minibeasts

Noob

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:36 am
Shanitos
I used to adore Rammstein (hate them nowadays xP) and I wanted to expand my horizon. Thus, I came across OOMPH! and basically fell in love with them. :D

Aw, you don't like Rammstein anymore? That's a shame, a darn shame...

*is a die-hard, obsessive R+ fan*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 pm
SparrowWriter
Shanitos

eek awwww...R+ was my first and they broadened my horizon to OOMPH!...so now i'm obsessed with 2 German Bands.  

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

minibeasts

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:43 pm
SparrowWriter
Shanitos

I just don't really like how Till sings; it's like he focuses more on singing in a low voice than staying in tune.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:52 am
Oomph! broughts the inspiration for Rammstein...
I only like the Mutter album of Rammstein... I think Oomph! sounds better anyway.

Who read the "Guten Tag!..." thread already knew that I first listened to Oomph! in 2004... and don't like them 'til a friend showed me their album Wahrheit oder Pflicht.  

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Trick or Treat 100

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Shanitos
SparrowWriter
Shanitos

I just don't really like how Till sings; it's like he focuses more on singing in a low voice than staying in tune.

The low voice just happens...the intonation thing is just one of his problems (I may obsess over R+, but I will admit Till's not the best singer I've ever heard). But I love his stage presence...you can't help but watch him!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:41 am
internet...  

Captainsansnom

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:20 am
SparrowWriter
Shanitos
SparrowWriter
Shanitos

The low voice just happens...the intonation thing is just one of his problems (I may obsess over R+, but I will admit Till's not the best singer I've ever heard). But I love his stage presence...you can't help but watch him!

lol...i know, he's like a wreck on the highway...you just can't stop yourself from watching.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:15 pm
I bought Plastik off my friend for like $5, so i listened to it and started to like them  

Anime_Machine!!

Eisbaer
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:16 pm
Well I've got a bit of a strangled route to my utter and complete OOMPH! obsession.

I met someone on Livejournal last year who had a lot of Dero icons. The first two I saw were from the Augen Auf! video, one of his clown makeup and then another one of his big fluffy coat thing.

I thought he was kinda ugly redface stare redface redface But then she actually showed me the VIDEO and all of a sudden "ZOMGHESTHEHOTTESTEVER" rofl So I started my quest and now have their ENTIRE discog smile including a couple remixes not on any available CDs woot. Just gotta love them. Awesome music, they're all gorgeous, and they've all got little quirks that make them insanely adorable biggrin  
The OOMPH! Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff