Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply world of warcraft
What pet is the best? Calling all Horde Hunters!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hunters are like really cool!!
  Hell Yeah!!!
  Ummm... Yeah... What you said.... Just give up the gold!!!
View Results

Miss New Bootie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:15 pm
I am a level 17 aspiring hunter and I love my blood elf hunter! She is really cute and stuff! Any who, I am having problems finding a pet that I feel like I can keep for a really long time. I had a venomtail scorpid and then a corrupted one. I have had a crocolisk that was an excellent tank but didn't really keep up. I now have a turtle. I love my turtle so!!! I just want to know if this is going to be a pet that I most likely can keep long term because I totally want to. If you are a hunter in the horde please post your personal experience with your pet and let me know what you think is the best pet to start with and why. I have been on thottbot and stuff already so please do not be a smartass and post an e-mail address like I am stupid or something. Female gamers rock!!!!! WOOT!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:26 am
well, i have never play a hunter b4 but my sis/bro has....they have cat type pets since it has good dps and amor (i think), they also have a bat idk why...my bro seem to think that boars are great cuz its good for pvp and can tank

thats all i kno from wut i heard from my siblings, hope it helps biggrin  

ODDI-NIM

Archangel Tzadkiel

Angelic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:49 pm
I am not horde, but i am a very good hunter, well i say ravager, or boar, both are good. cats are good too but better for me since i have shadowmeld

Boars-all around pets with charge
Cats-high DPS+prowl
Ravager-High DPS armored
Wolves-all around pet, their buff isnt that great
Birds-ok damage, good for pvp cause they cause sight issues
Turtle-.....pretty much a tank
Bear-Tank and can still dps
Farstriders-.....never owned 1

(get humar the pridelord, rare spawn in barrens, he looks cool)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:07 am
brokentooth lvl 37, a cat in Badlands is good too (rare spawn also)  

ODDI-NIM

1_Regular_Dude

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:35 pm
I have had my turtle since i was lvl20
Hes the boss turtle from BFD
I am now lvl45 and i still have him
W/ bite scrath, and shell shield he is an amazing tank and he keeps agg fairly well w/ growl
I also have Humar the Pridelord, both of them are elites, they are both strong, easy to keep happy, and both ROCK if you know how to train your pet.
Soon my turtle, Leonardo, will have 90+ on all resistances
An his armor is amazing
As well a Nibbles, Humar
Also a Ravager works rly well and they also look rly cool!
;D  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:09 pm
If you're still this level, a good pet to get is Echeyakee. He's a summonable lion in the barrens, has fairly good stats (fast attack speed and such) and is very unique looking! C:  

John Winston Ono Lennon

morphedkirby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:07 am
thanks to ripper i got the best 70 pvp pet... Gutripper.

thanks Ripper  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:18 am
Google Petopia....best hunter's pets guide ever!

Any way, most people usually find that a turtle actually--sucks sweatdrop but there are all kinds of great pets out there. I am personally fond of dragonhawk (firebreath)/windserpant (lightning breath) type pets. A lot of hunters loooove their kitties (growl), and dogs make great pets as well. If you can get a snake from RFK, they make great pets as well, but I don't know what they come with, just played in groups with them before, they tank like gods. Oh, and so do pigs (charge). (if you cant tell, hunter is my favorite class I have a ton of them) I would steer clear of birds like owls or plainstriders. Personal experience.....not to great. whee hope this helps

Parallel 5ths mule

Diglett Girl

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:36 am
It really depends on the type of pet you want. I'm not Horde, but I can dish out the DPS.

Cats are always highly recommended because they've got mad DPS. I also suggest Raptors. I've also heard good reviews about Boars and Bears. Bears make good tanks and DPS. As a 70 Hunter, I don't see a lot of Turtles, Plainstriders (never seen one as a pet, actually), or caster pets (such as Dragonhawks or Nether Rays). Wolves are decent pets, I had a Wolf for my first pet.

Hope this helps in some way.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:18 pm
Personally, I love my cats and my wolves. Cats for dps, and wolves because they're well rounded. For first pets on Horde side I usually get a Elder Springpaw, or a Worg. Get something that know's a skill already is my advice.

Go to http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/ it gives you a lot of lists of rares, which I like to pick up with all my hunters.

Placid Hate

world of warcraft

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff