Reply The Graveyard
[Misc] Yuri Pussycat has reopened

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saria Mithril

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:36 pm
Two years ago, Yuri Pussycat was the biggest and best yuri roleplayers directory in all of Gaia. We had a list of over a hundred and fifty yuri roleplayers, and dozens more that checked the thread regularly for yuri news and chat. All of that was destroyed by the senseless action of one ignorant Gaia moderator.

For almost two years the idea of rebuilding was floated around the Gaia yuri community - but so many of the original members had quit Gaia out of protest following the destruction of the original thread that it was hard to believe it could ever be rebuilt, or that it could ever be as popular as it had once been.

Less than a week ago we reopened the doors on the new Yuri Pussycat.

Now, five days later, we already have almost a hundred posts in the thread. We have listed ads for over a half-dozen quality yuri roleplays in Gaia, along with a number of other yuri-related items of interest. So far we only have two ads in our roleplayers directory, but we have received notes expressing interest from almost a dozen more.

Yuri Pussycat is back.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And because I know you're all yuri fans.............. xd I thought I would announce its return here. Those of you looking for one on one yuri roleplays may find the roleplayers directory to be a wonderful help. You can either make an ad and let other yuri fans come to you......... or browse the ads to find other yuri roleplayers to contact........... or both. 3nodding Also, Yuri Pussycat often lists other yuri points of interest across Gaia that you might find helpful for quelling that yuri craving of yours.

However, Yuri Pussycat needs your help. We need you to tell us about all the other yuri roleplays and guilds you have found in your travels throughout Gaia, and we need you to point other yuri fans in the direction of Yuri Pussycat. That's the only way that Yuri Pussycat can ever grow to the magnificence that she once had.

And of course, you win, too. xd The more Yuri Pussycat brings the yuri community together, the more yuri roleplays there will be, the more people that will join each yuri roleplay............. just generally all around the more yuri fun for us all! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:26 pm
It is the two month aniversary of the new Yuri Pussycat thread, and it is moving along nicely. 3nodding

In celebration of its two months, and our guild's affiliation with it, I thought it might be nice to give a little present.

I would like to offer YP a list of 10 active yuri guilds, 20 active yuri threads and 10 new roleplayer ads for her directory.

Now, I can do this alone. It would be a lot of work, but I can do it. But I think it will be a much more meaningful gift - and a much more powerful demonstration of the power of yuri groups affiliating on Gaia - if this is something we all do, as a guild.

I am sure that most - if not all - of you are in more than one yuri guild. So share with us! 3nodding Right now the only yuri guilds on YP's list are this one and Sailormoon: Dead Moon's Reign.

And I am sure that many of you have seen or are in one or more yuri roleplay or hangout threads in the forums. Right now YP only has one and a half. xd One is yuri, and one is not (it is general roleplaying, yuri included). They are Yuri Lovers Unite and ROLEPLAYERS' EMPORIUM.

And I am also sure that many if not all of you know of one or two people who love yuri, and are always looking for yuri roleplays (whether they're literate or not). They may already even have made ads in Barton Town, or in other guilds! If so, why not recommend them to have their ad listed in YP? They will be happy, and YP will be thrilled!

We have almost a hundred members (and growing fast again!). I cannot believe this will be a difficult task for us. 3nodding

This is a matter of guild pride!

Let's show YP what this guild can do. 3nodding

Guilds (2/10)
(Just suggest an active yuri guild that you know.)

Threads (0/20)
(Just suggest an active yuri hangout or roleplay thread that you know.)

Ads (0/10)
(Talk to other yuri fans you know, suggest that they make an ad, and when they do, give their name here.)  

Saria Mithril

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:52 pm
I'm in two guilds total, and the other's a general romance guild. I may poke around there, but I'm not sure if the owners'd mind the outside advertising. Really, my only yuri RPs right now are one-on-one. I'll check with some of them about an ad, though. I'm nearly full up on RPs, and I'm not looking at the moment, so I'm not making one myself for now.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:10 pm
If the general romance guild allows yuri - even if it is not specifically yuri - that is good enough for Yuri Pussycat's purposes. 3nodding  

Saria Mithril

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:18 pm
Mm. I'll ask. I'm not expecting much there, though. The guild's small size and the fact that most folks default to hetero would kinda limit yuri, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:49 pm
Well it is not really that big a deal. 3nodding Theoretically, with a hundred members, finding ten yuri guilds should not be in the least bit difficult. I could offer four without breaking a sweat. I would just like to see some participation by the guild members on this.  

Saria Mithril

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:41 pm
Saria Mithril
Well it is not really that big a deal. 3nodding Theoretically, with a hundred members, finding ten yuri guilds should not be in the least bit difficult. I could offer four without breaking a sweat. I would just like to see some participation by the guild members on this.
You're being an optimist again.  

Samantha McGill

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:08 am
I spoke to the guild's owner. Romance for us Literates is willing to add YP to its affiliates list, though I'm really not sure how this goes. So... How does this go?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:33 pm
Samantha McGill
Saria Mithril
You're being an optimist again.

I am sure that if we collected just the guilds that every person here is a member of, we would have dozens of appropriate guilds. It should be a small matter for a handful of them to share what they have. Logically, that would be to their benefit, too. I don't see it as optimism, except in the hope that people will actually take part.

By the way......... What do you mean by how does this go?

If you mean how do you add guilds, threads and roleplays, it is quite simple. You just list the names here of the guilds, threads and roleplays you want to add (or PM them to me if you want privacy). Once I have enough (or, once I give up waiting), I will contact all the people involved and see who is interested in being added.

If you mean, what kinds of guilds, threads and roleplayers are good, this is the order of preference:
Pure literate yuri. (literate, because that is our guild's thing)
Other pure yuri.
Explicitly accepting of literate yuri, along with literate yaoi and/or heterosexual romance.
Explicitly accepting of other yuri, along with yaoi and/or heterosexual romance.
Implicitly accepting of literate yuri, along with literate yaoi and/or heterosexual romance.
Implicitly accepting of other yuri, along with yaoi and/or heterosexual romance.

Does that answer your question?  

Saria Mithril

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:25 pm
I should think that covers the bulk of it. So you'll contact the guild leader later?

Windy (the guild leader) has already agreed to YP and Romance for us Literates becoming affiliates, and she's asked for a banner, though, looking at the affiliates list, those banners are on the order of 50x200 and to the best of my knowledge, YP doesn't have anything that small.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:39 pm
Should I just......... give up on this?  

Saria Mithril

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:15 pm
It was an ambitious goal.

I've contacted those I RP with. They don't seem to be searching, so they don't want to put up an add.

I trawled a bit around Barton. I now remember why YP exists.

I contacted my other guild. That's the only one that ended well.  
The Graveyard

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games