Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Intellectual Idiots Poll Guild
Owning/Running a guild is quite challenging.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How in the world did Sara become a yaoi fangirl?
  I don't know...I just don't know.
View Results

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:11 am
Yeah, basically I'm saying the same thing as the topic title.

Now, I can finally grasp Xum's frustration when we don't use the guild mule. (I'm still not gonna use it, I'm just saying that I can now commiserate with him.Does that make me a dirty hypocrite? sweatdrop )

But, it's a fun challenge. Even though I've only gotten 9 members (two being me and the donation mule I created), I still am hopeful that it will increase in size and popularity.
So, now all I have to do is get quite a few more affiliates. Get competent mods (when there are actually more members).Hope that my vice-Captain logs onto Gaia and sees some of the improvements I made. And yeah.

If you're curious as to what guild it is: Link's in the signature, under the "uber hax" .gif. (Kinda obvious, but still.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:45 am
Getting started is always the hardest. Once you have more members, the guild will grow itself.

Remember, more members isn't always better. Management of your guild is very important.

For example, the Gaian Grammar Guild has 5166 members at the time of this post, but most of them never posted anything. That guild has once been featured, and at that time, the join request queue seemed never-ending as more requests would appear as I went through them. As more people joined, many of them posted repeat threads, which weren't very interesting for members who have been around for a while. As a result, people come and go in that guild, and so it is difficult for members to get to know each other. The guild's growth has slowed down now, but since most members have the guild's banner in their signature, it will keep getting more members.

In contrast, the Foreign Languages Guild has less than half the number of members, but many more of them are active, and they actually stay around and get to know each other. I'm not a moderator in that guild, so I don't know how many applications it gets. It seems very well-managed though.

Good luck with your guild.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:36 pm
Thank you for wishing me luck, Mousy.

Hmm, this "Foreign Languages" guild seems quite interesting. I may have to join it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:20 pm
Guilds don't need guild mules.

If you pour enough love into your guild, it will love you back.

I know, I haven't spent a lot of time here. I'm working on that.

Nevertheless, good luck on your guild management.

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:28 pm
I've been pouring love into my guild like crazy. And so far, I think it's doing really well. There are about 6 or so members who post regularly, and they are fun to talk to. The two-month anniversary will be February 27th. 3nodding

Thanks for wishing me luck, Xum.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:12 am
No problem.  

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:31 pm
I'm gonna need help setting the Roleplaying subforum though. My vice captain says he has some experience in the matter, but he's gonna be gone for month, so he can't really help.

So, I'm soliciting help from anyone who can help me. -Pokes Xumbra-  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:15 pm
I don't use subforums because there's not enough activity in my guild that merits one.

But if I were to make one, I'd just buy a subforum (or rename an old one, whichever is more convenient), make one sticky for all the rules, and then encourage the members to make roleplays.

I know, this is 4 months late in responding.

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:02 pm
(Your late reply is fine.)

RP'ing wouldn't prove much merit. There are maybe five people, including me, who post regularly.
But, whatever. It's not too big of a deal. The analogous LiveJournal community is fairly active, so at least there's one good community.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:04 am
I remember one Livejournal community where its members angsted about roleplaying, specifically about those roleplays that lack common sense, ignore the roleplay settings, or go on and on about "tru wuv".  

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:18 pm
Ouch.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:45 pm
It was funny though. Funny angsting and lots of sympathy.  

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Lord Durel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:04 pm
I read that as "furry" angsting and lots of sympathy.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:11 pm
Perhaps you should get glasses? But hey, that means both of us are getting older.  

Xumbra
Vice Captain

The Intellectual Idiots Poll Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces