Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:46 pm
Seig Zeon!!!!

Hey there welcome the Zeon Thread this thread was made for those Zeon Fans who wish to talk about anything Zeon from MS to ideas its all open here just make sure if you see a Feddie Shoot to kill ok.

Seig Zeon!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:07 pm
What, exactly, is the point of this thread?
Is it just for people to come in and say "I'm with Zeon, I hate feddies, they should die"?
As fun as that is, myself being a steadfast supporter of Zeon and Haman's Neo Zeon (Not Char's, 'cause he likes little kids), it doesn't really allow for anything constructive.
Now, if you turn this into a thread discussing the Zeon side of the war like beliefs, pilots, leaders, weaponry, and the like, then it's a perfectly good thread. 3nodding  

Stray Bullet Shani

Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:22 pm
hehe ok ok I will do that i just was trying to figure out what to put on the the poll thats all  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:54 pm
Well, I'll just speak my piece on the leadership aspect of the Principality....
I honestly believe Zeon could've won the war if they'd had better leaders. Even better, if it was only one leader. Sure, the whole family aspect was interesting and all, but one leader would be far more effective.
Favorite Zabi? I'd have to go with Dozle on this one, despite his horribly misshapen "moonhead". xd He's a great kind of leader, one that will go out and fight alongside his troops. Of course, he wouldn't make a good supreme leader, since fighting in battles is a hazard to one's health. Gihren, I would say, is the best one for the supreme leader position.
Let's face it, Garma was pretty worthless, his most important contribution was his death. He was used as a martyr for Gihren's ambitions, which worked quite nicely.... Kishiria? Blah, she could've waited for a better time to kill Gihren. I personally think she did it more to gain powah than get revenge for her father. Mineva Zabi, figurehead, 'nuff said.

Haman, I believe, was the best Zeon/Neo Zeon leader. She was so very adept at the fine art of manipulation, it's almost scary. Anyone who's seen the end of Zeta knows what I'm talking about. Also, she's got ******** nerve gas pellet earrings, what's not to love! xd
Another reason Haman is the best leader, she was able to do so much with so little. She had far less resources than the Zabis did, yet she was able to develop s**t like the Half Control, Quasi-psycommu, and funnels on a MS (Correct me if I'm wrong about the Qubeley being the first normal-sized MS to carry funnels without a ******** huge cockpit like the Elmeth or ZeonG had. sweatdrop ). One last reason is the fact that she did go out and fight, and won most of the time.  

Stray Bullet Shani

Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:00 pm
i agree they were fighting for a good cause but bad leaders  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:02 pm
It wasn't much of a good cause. The Zeon did get their independence before the war so their "War for Independence in Space" is blown out of proportion. It says it's fighting for the good of spacenoids yet they gassed and dropped a colony where the very same spacenoids live.

The original Newtype/Spacenoid theory was a good cause... until Zeon Daikun died, Degwin Zabi took leadership, and the Zeon decided to fight. So it wasn't a fight for a good cause because the fighting ruined it all.  

Char350

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:23 pm
Char350
It wasn't much of a good cause. The Zeon did get their independence before the war so their "War for Independence in Space" is blown out of proportion. It says it's fighting for the good of spacenoids yet they gassed and dropped a colony where the very same spacenoids live.

The original Newtype/Spacenoid theory was a good cause... until Zeon Daikun died, Degwin Zabi took leadership, and the Zeon decided to fight. So it wasn't a fight for a good cause because the fighting ruined it all.
unless you take the whole "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" thing. ONE colony to liberate all the sides isn't /TOO/ much of a loss. and the feddie sides they attacked had to be dealt with for progress to be made.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:25 am
True, yet many other colonies did not support the Zeon while the Zeon claims to be fighting for the good of all spacenoids. It's not as good of a cause as many people claim it to be. Seeing as the war was more of a way for the Zabis to more power.

The point is still the fact that many Zeon fans embrace the ideology blindly and go SIEG ZEON this, SIEG ZEON that and think all Zeon is good while Feddies are nothing but oppressive corrupted people. Both sides have their bad points, but really... I've seen too many Zeek fanatics who see it as one-sided.  

Char350

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:21 am
Char350
True, yet many other colonies did not support the Zeon while the Zeon claims to be fighting for the good of all spacenoids. It's not as good of a cause as many people claim it to be. Seeing as the war was more of a way for the Zabis to more power.

The point is still the fact that many Zeon fans embrace the ideology blindly and go SIEG ZEON this, SIEG ZEON that and think all Zeon is good while Feddies are nothing but oppressive corrupted people. Both sides have their bad points, but really... I've seen too many Zeek fanatics who see it as one-sided.
i guess I just like to root for the underdogs. heh
Just a quote from firefly I think is relevant..
"We were on the losing side. That doesn't mean it was the wrong one."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:56 pm
Meh, nothing wrong with rooting for the underdogs. Just don't do so blindly (and I know you don't) 3nodding

Hell, I like the Zeon more than the Federation myself. *shrugs*  

Char350

Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:46 am
hehe well thats very ture anyway you got to admit that they gave very moral speeches  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:47 pm
Abyss
hehe well thats very ture anyway you got to admit that they gave very moral speeches

It was Hitler-ish propaganda.  

Char350

Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:27 pm
yeah i know but if you think about it gundam is just WWII in space.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:48 pm
Abyss
yeah i know but if you think about it gundam is just WWII in space.

Meh, that comparison's been made so many times.  

Char350

Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:37 am
yeah thats ture but if you think about it gundam seed is a mix between Gundam and gundam wing so many things in gundam are just mixing great idea into better ideas  
Gundam

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff