Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pancakes?
  Naw. Just Dero. <3
  NU! GIVE MEH WAFFLES! D:<
View Results

Sexual Spork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:55 am
I don't understand how such a good band can barely be known in the US, of all the countries in the world!
And it's sad that Rammstein is more popular here than their own influence. And it's sadder than Oomph! has been together longer than them.
[Note: I love Rammstein as much as the next german-rock addict, but I just think that this is jacked up.]
Oomph! does something - they get barely any kudos.
Rammstein does something like Oomph! - they're worshipped!
I believe that Oomph! is just as good, if not BETTER than Rammstein.

[Edit: More Ranting]

Oh, and let's not forget Google. I am seriously disappointed. I went on google images, to find some wallpapers... I thought, "Well, they've been together for over a decade. There should be a good bit of wallpapers on google. ^^;" I look.... I find 5. 5!? And let's not forget the band photos. I barely found any of them either...
Makes me sick.

So yeah. There's my rant. XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:21 am
Eisbaer could probably explain more in depth....because I think she's actually talked to Dero about this?? Anyway, it's a contract/management thing. I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind coming to America, or at least sell their music here. Because we are a HUGE market here.

However, our music industry hasn't been very receptive of foreign industries....Awhile back, I think, they [American music industry] was trying to pass a bill to push out all foreign. That's stupid--our music goes out everywhere. It's not like American record labels would lose a whole lot. Anyway, bands like Rammstein, Dir en grey, and Tokio Hotel are proving to have huge success here.

Or maybe it would just be too much for the guys? They'd have to do a LOT of promoting if they started selling here. And we're a big country to tour. (i.e. Why Rammstein tends to pass us over) Best Buy's started selling Oomph!'s more recent stuff through their online store...I just get CDs through there.

((And you have to really search the net for good pics...I think one of our stickies on the main page is a links page. There's a couple sites in there you could check out.))  

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

Eisbaer
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:57 pm
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-
Eisbaer could probably explain more in depth....because I think she's actually talked to Dero about this??

However, our music industry hasn't been very receptive of foreign industries....Awhile back, I think, they [American music industry] was trying to pass a bill to push out all foreign. That's stupid--our music goes out everywhere. It's not like American record labels would lose a whole lot. Anyway, bands like Rammstein, Dir en grey, and Tokio Hotel are proving to have huge success here.
Or maybe it would just be too much for the guys? They'd have to do a LOT of promoting if they started selling here. And we're a big country to tour. (i.e. Why Rammstein tends to pass us over) Best Buy's started selling Oomph!'s more recent stuff through their online store...I just get CDs through there.

Yeah, it has to do with their management. I'm pretty sure their manager doesn't think there would be enough of a fanbase here so they don't even bother. The music industry is a LONG, IN DEPTH and COMPLICATED. I barely understand it. it's just... gah. Yeah, Dero wants to come to America, and he's even a bit embarrassed to know that they've got a fanbase over here when they haven't so much as set foot on American soil since 93. America is so closed minded to music, except for all us cool kids. I went to an And One concert and talked to like the first 40 people in line and ALL OF THEM KNEW WHO OOMPH WAS..... and the management thinks they'll have no fanbase
Yeah, they'd have to do a lot of promoting, but we've got enough people who are fans who I'm sure would LOVE to form a street team(i'm in the process of doing that right now actually), to get the word out to EVERYONE. It's not just Best Buy, Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Virgin Megastore have them in their online catalogs.

But yeah, in a nutshell, to get Oomph in america, we have to show the management that they're missing out on a lot of money by keeping them only in Germany.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:22 am
Eisbaer
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-
Eisbaer could probably explain more in depth....because I think she's actually talked to Dero about this??

Yeah, it has to do with their management. I'm pretty sure their manager doesn't think there would be enough of a fanbase here so they don't even bother. The music industry is a LONG, IN DEPTH and COMPLICATED. I barely understand it. it's just... gah. Yeah, Dero wants to come to America, and he's even a bit embarrassed to know that they've got a fanbase over here when they haven't so much as set foot on American soil since 93. America is so closed minded to music, except for all us cool kids. I went to an And One concert and talked to like the first 40 people in line and ALL OF THEM KNEW WHO OOMPH WAS..... and the management thinks they'll have no fanbase
Yeah, they'd have to do a lot of promoting, but we've got enough people who are fans who I'm sure would LOVE to form a street team(i'm in the process of doing that right now actually), to get the word out to EVERYONE. It's not just Best Buy, Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Virgin Megastore have them in their online catalogs.

But yeah, in a nutshell, to get Oomph in america, we have to show the management that they're missing out on a lot of money by keeping them only in Germany.

They knew who OOMPH was? *legasp* f'ing sweet xd we just hafta find more people like that 3nodding like a lot more sweatdrop  

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Eisbaer
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:07 am
all but one of them knew oomph, and most of them liked oomph -nod- we need more people like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:17 pm
I've gotten Oomph! a small bit of fame at my school...friends, mostly from the German class (I was surprised how many people I found that wouldn't listen to them because they're "not English" confused ) and one of the janitors. Still not exactly sure how that happened...

People would like them. Yes, you'd have to promote a bit more, but in all honesty, I think Oomph! would rake in tons of money from here. I know it's not all about the money for the guys, but it probably is for the management. Dero shouldn't be embarrassed...the great thing about the internet is the fact that we in America can even KNOW about Oomph!. (And other awesome foreign bands). I say we drum up tons of internet noise for Oomph!. That's probably the best and only way we can attract the management's attention.  

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

Sexual Spork

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:05 pm
Then, if Oomph would rake in loads and loads of money in the US, then WHY in the hell isn't their management letting them do that? That's jacked up.
I hope that the US realizes that they will lose a lot of respect if they continue to push the foreigners out. Not to mention they'd be pushing us ALL out...
Like they care.

As for the whole banning-foreign-music bill, that's just bull. I know that will NEVER happen... for 2 reasons.
1. Too many foreigners in this country.
2. And let's not forget that most of us in the US are full-blooded, like ... german, spanish, whatever. We're ALL mutts, unless your parents are full blooded themselves of the same race. Like 2 full blooded germans.
Then that would push my former math teacher, who is from Greece out, his wife, who is canadian, and their son.
It'll never happen.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:40 am
it is a little sad but in a way it kind of makes it more fun for the CD hunter in me to go online for them. i know thats not really the point im just saying. i think i saw a single once in the import section of a cd store. i wasnt into them then so i missed the chance  

Top-hat-Kruspe

Sexual Spork

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:05 pm
Yeah...
It's sad.
There is an Oomph! US Street team on myspace... if you want to add it, here's the link.
http://www.myspace.com/oomphusastreetteam  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:26 pm
Sexual Spork
Yeah...
It's sad.
There is an Oomph! US Street team on myspace... if you want to add it, here's the link.
http://www.myspace.com/oomphusastreetteam

heh, i believe that Eisbaer posted that already. 3nodding but yes...add it to your friends list.  

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
The OOMPH! Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers