Submit

Pregunta va aquí.

No
  Quiero oro ahora mísmo.
View Results

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:19 pm
Using this particular Torrent, how would I go about downloading music and videos,especially by using outside sources? (I've checked the Vuze database for songs and videos, but I couldn't find any in particular that held my interest. Except this one video about a deer punching a bothersome tourist at the Nara deer park, but I digress.)

Anyway, would you care to help me with this problem? Recommend "outside" source websites which I can download music and videos? Give me hot secks?  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:59 am
Downloading via HTTP and downloading via torrenting are two different things.

When you torrent, you search for torrent files hosted by websites. These files are tracked with, uh, trackers that tell you things about the torrent file (like how many seeders there are, how many leechers, etc.) that you should know.

Try http://www.thepiratebay.org or http://www.torrentz.com/. There are plenty, plenty of torrent sites out there, but these are just two of them.

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Thanks for the links.

Leechers? Seeders? Downloading via HTTP? What?
(Please keep it very simple, as I am computer illiterate. Well, I can apparently handle surfing the Internet and downloading music, but that's not my point.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:05 pm
Downloading via HTTP is what you do when you view webpages with your web browser.

Leechers are people who download torrents. Seeders are people who provide existing copies of the files for leechers.

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:25 pm
Hehe, thanks. sweatdrop

(Could you also happen to tell me how I can check if Windows Movie Maker is on my computer / how to acquire it? I'm desperate, since no one in my movie project group has a program to edit videos.)  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:14 pm
It should be in Accessories, I think. If not there, try checking the Control Panel for your Add/Remove Programs option. It will list all the programs you have on your computer. If you see Windows Movie Maker there, then you have it.  

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Sanee
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:39 pm
Thank you very much.

I found it! My a** is totally saved. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:48 am
You're welcome.  

Xumbra
Vice Captain

Lord Durel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:19 pm
I never used a torrent, ever :O  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Never? But it's an essential part of being a pirate!  

Xumbra
Vice Captain

The Intellectual Idiots Poll Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces