Reply Harry Potter
Wizarding Health and Sex Ed. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phiso

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:09 pm
You know, I've always wondered how they went about learning all this. Some people suggested that they learned at home, but that seems awkward. I sure didn't learn from my parents. Others say older students taught younger ones, but that still sounds awkward, particularly for anti-social kids. And personally I find it a strange sight indeed, Dumbledore or Flitwick or who-haveyou teaching the boys about condoms or whatever they use to prevent babies. (Because it seems to work quite well.)

Discuss - How do they learn about Health and Sexual Education? How do they not get pregnant if it's kind of obvious that people are going to be banging about? Is it not awkward leaving another's House if there is interhouse intercourse? And whatever else suits your fancy as long as it's PG13. >_> Or T, at least.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:38 pm
I always wondered about a PE class. I guess it was Flying, but that was only in their first learn for maybe a week!

I am honestly thrown off. It isn't just the fact they have no place to learn about sex, but Hogwarts does not support physical health period. gonk

B-shiro
Captain

Phiso

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 pm
Do they even bother learning about it? O: Or do they figure Pomfrey can cure anything they need? I wonder, if with all their magic health is even much of a concern for them. :/ You could always zap cholesterol away with a spell, right?

Hm...could you? O_O

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:20 pm
I don't know. What about the girl with bad acne? I think they said something about being able to work with it, but not completely rid her of it ...

I mean, magical potions for weight loss? xD Maybe a scam like it is in the Muggle world?

Also, another thing that is probably incredibly OT, but still. If they can transfigure things, why couldn't the Weasleys transfigure some decent outfits/something into something else they need? Or am I missing something?

B-shiro
Captain

Phiso

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:13 pm
You would think if they can figure out how to turn into animals they could cure a person of acne...They have a potion for colds, right? And can regrow missing bones. So what's so weird about acne? You'd think they'd just improve ProActiv or something.

"Oh, silly muggles, using benzyl peroxide instead of newt feet..."

Ew. That'd be weird. >_>

As for your OT, I take you up on it. That didn't occur to me. Why didn't they? :/ If you're smart you can turn something into anything else - I'm not even sure if they have the law of equal exchange like in Full Metal Alchemist. (I mean, they conjure water and wine out of nowhere.) They could totally cure a bunch of the world's ills with that. :/

Weird Weasleys. If they can fix glasses with Reparo, why not a book? Or pants?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:34 pm
I would like to argue they are not making water and wine out of no where, but say, when Dumbledore did it, it was just "accio"-ing from his mysterious wine cellar, but he is awesome at it, so it seems it appeared instantly. When making water out of nothing, it is probably condensation in mid-air, making water appear.

There are probably 1000000 "magical physics" laws that one could write up to explain why certain things can and cannot be done.......who wants to start one? xd  

Meryl~the~Jed

KanitaDoyle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:56 pm
Well, since having acne is part of puberty, I think that if a witch or wizard has acne....then they have it. Puberty is part of every human's (muggle and nonmuggle) developement. It can't just be taken away, I assume. But there could be potions and such to cover it up. Like...an advanced foundation...or some such thing.

D'; I probably am making no sense.

But to constantly take a potion or use a spell to change one's appearance would take a helluva lot of magic and energy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:02 pm
Maybe the Weasleys don't use magic to better there clothes and stuff because...of pride? They aren't embarrassed about not being able to afford expensive brands (except Ron, he gets flustered about galleons). I don't think they would bother using magic for things so artificial.

But, again, I'm only assuming. C:

KanitaDoyle

B-shiro
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:03 pm
Maybe ... there is some weird law against fixing your pants in the magical community?

Geez, the questions I'd ask JKR if I could. It is unreal. Hopefully she covers this in the encyclopedia.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:20 pm
I personally wonder how they learned regular stuff. They obviously didn't do it in Hogwarts. I mean like Advanced Algebra Trig, or how about learning abut their own countries with wars and stuff, or omg how to clean without magic.  

Bloodgasm

B-shiro
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:22 pm
You know Draco Malfoy never cleaned a day in his life. xp He was taught "House Elves do it." He probably couldn't tell a wash cloth from a bottle of Mr. Clean if his life depended on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:27 pm
Babyshiro
You know Draco Malfoy never cleaned a day in his life. xp He was taught "House Elves do it." He probably couldn't tell a wash cloth from a bottle of Mr. Clean if his life depended on it.
he probably couldnt tell what a p***s was from the fact that they didnt have sex ed. xd  

Bloodgasm

Mr Xenophilius Lovegood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:33 pm
probobly their parents home school them. they must be smarter than regular kids, because their magical. sex ed thogh... good question.
there are a lot of things that Jo leaves out in the books. i wish that madam hooch would teach it though XD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 pm
Mr Xenophilius Lovegood
probobly their parents home school them. they must be smarter than regular kids, because their magical. sex ed thogh... good question.
there are a lot of things that Jo leaves out in the books. i wish that madam hooch would teach it though XD
Nooo Snape...I find Alan Rickman kinda hot. XP  

Bloodgasm

Meryl~the~Jed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:26 am
Hargid and Madam Maxim could teach sex ed.....if we want to SCAR the children. >D And there is no way Snape could teach it, he died a virgin and lacks the first hand experience. XD

I wonder if the wizarding world even bothers with subjects like chemistry or physics ....I mean, you would think they would HAVE TO since they keep playing around with the natural laws of things. And don't start with that "Potions IS chemistry"....cuz it is clearly NOT. Does any wizard understand the concept of atomic particles?! Bio-chemistry? Muggle History?

Considering how MUCH of the world was effected by the World Wars...but wizards seem to have NO IDEA ABOUT IT. I cannot believe that the worlds are THAT removed from each other. Especially if a good number are half bloods or muggleborn.

My father and I are constantly arguing about these kinds of things (he is a history teacher) so sorry if I ever start a big long rant kinda thing....too late.  
Harry Potter

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff