Great!
  Good.
  Meh
  Bad.
  Rubbish!
View Results

we should

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:54 pm
oh gosh, i hope its not someone's official duty to post these episode opinion threads. :S

anyway, what did you think of the new episode 'Midnight'?

I thought it was brilliant, and the storyline was great for a Russell story. I loved the simplicity yet complexity of it. desu desu desu.

surprised was anyone watching the 'next time' at the end?!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:39 pm
All I can say is wow. The acting was amazing! David Tennant, and the woman who played Skye. I couldn't help thinking how many times they had to do that scene. (Mind you, I haven't seen dw confidential, they'll probably say how many times)

I liked the story too, it was like one of Steve Moffets (sp?) scary episodes. And I saw Rose on the screen and in the 'next time' clip so I'm very excited for the final 3 episodes.

I was surprised at the lack of Donna though. It worked better that way because she freaks out and gets scared in a completely different way than the other people on the plane so it would have wrecked the mood. I think this was similar to the random 'Love and Monsters' episode from the second season only with more doctor in it, which is always nice. heart heart  

Cartazzz

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Unnursvana

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:30 am
one of thbest DW episodes some I have seen. It was scary and funny at the same time. ^^ David is a brilliant actor and it did really show of in this episode. God it hated those people some was with him in that plane evil so stupid!

this episode will go to my top 5 episodes ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:30 am
Yes, it goes in my top episodes too. I watched the confidential on it and they had to practice and practice for a long time to say their lines at the exact same time. Oh yeah and the sound people are awesome. If I didn't like writing so much, I'd probably want to be a Foley artist.  

Cartazzz

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Trixta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:03 pm
I liked the episode, it was driving me slightly nutty, but that's just what I've come to expect from Doctor Who. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:45 am
It's episodes like that that remind us why RTD was in control of Who for four years.

I was sad at first for the idea of a the Donna lite episode but I realized quickly it would have never worked had she been there.

Doctor lite next week should be interesting.  

Hacked It Out and Fell

Raevyn_Angel

9,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:05 pm
I honestly thought that this episode was scarier than Moffat's Library one. Mostly because SM tends to completely ignore established characters and focus on his original characters. Nancy, Reinette, Sally Sparrow, and now River Song.

Not that I disliked any of the characters...It's just that Moffat seems to be very similar to a small child who will only play with the toys he brought, and leaves the other toys unplayed with.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 am
Raevyn_Angel
I honestly thought that this episode was scarier than Moffat's Library one. Mostly because SM tends to completely ignore established characters and focus on his original characters. Nancy, Reinette, Sally Sparrow, and now River Song.

Not that I disliked any of the characters...It's just that Moffat seems to be very similar to a small child who will only play with the toys he brought, and leaves the other toys unplayed with.

Sally was supposed to be the focus of the Blink since it was the Doctor lite episode for that season.  

Hacked It Out and Fell

Raevyn_Angel

9,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 am
lillibit
Raevyn_Angel

Sally was supposed to be the focus of the Blink since it was the Doctor lite episode for that season.

Good point. Scratch Sally.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:35 pm
What's wrong with telling other people's stories? It makes it interesting that it's not ALL on the Doctor. Doctor this. Doctor that. We already have plenty of that. Often with him being mellow dramatic. I'm reaching a point where I want to smack him over the head and say, "Get over yourself. You're not the only one with a life that sucks."
One moment he's the life of the party, the next he's zapping all the energy out of it.

Ok, rant done. xp  

Triska
Crew

Conbryo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:20 pm
I absolutely loved it. I thought it was brilliant. RTD needs to be given a limited budget more often.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:45 am
This was an amazing episode. I'm still not sure if I love it or hate it. I think I'll settle on loved it because of the excited feeling in the pit of my stomach when I was a bout to watch it he second time. The, writing, the acting, the mood are all fantastic. And the overall feel of the episode is just downright creepy and disturbing in a way that I'm not used to getting from Doctor Who.

I love Moffat's brand of creepy Who this is a whole different beast. There's no attacking monsters, nothing to run from, no certainty of doom for anyone, no knowledge about the things motivations. There's just a feeling. It gets you down deep. This thing is wrong. Very, very wrong. And, of course, the uncarachteristic claustrophobia of the episode. There's no running. There's nowhere to run too. It's just one tiny little space and and the people trapped in it.

And there's something I've never seen before, The Doctor helpless. Not just imprisoned or incapacitated, but completely helpless, trapped in his own mind, unable even to call out.  

Runa Whynd

When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff