Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Reader's Guild

Back to Guilds

Are you a book lover or aspiring writer, join us. 

Tags: book, read, writer, authors, fanfiction 

Reply Authors' Forum
J.K. Rowling Fanatics Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JK Rowling?
  umm.. never heard of her before...
  UH DUH, of course I've heard of her , who hasn't?!!!
View Results

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:23 pm
Thread for all the JK Rowling fans that are lounging around the Gaia world.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:58 am
I'm currently re-reading the first six books so I can read the seventh one without missing a beat.  

Adalido Riftscribe

Rich Tipper

8,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:37 pm
Yeah I used to do that, everytime I got a new one of those, refresh my memory, lol. Lots of surprises in the 7th, hope you like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:36 am
bah, turns out I had already read the seventh one, but I enjoyed rereading the entire series. Loved it. Not afraid to admit that the last book brought tears to my eyes in several places.  

Adalido Riftscribe

Rich Tipper

8,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

HappyPinkHearts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:13 pm
How did you forget you read the 7th book... ? I must say when i read it quite frequently i was going WTF....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:00 pm
I know, the 7th book, was good, I loved it and everything, but the epilogue, last chapters weren't what i was expecting so to speak. smile  

Artemis Gly
Captain

HappyPinkHearts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:38 pm
yeah... didn't like that sum up of everything thing...i need to re read it cause i dont remember if harry and ginny actually got together...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:05 am
I liked the 7th book, because (I think) a good author can make a bunch of twist and turns in the middle of the book, and your like "WTF!?", but then at the end it all makes sense. That's what I liked about it the most. Does anyone agree?  

m a n ii r o

Aged Fatcat

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:30 pm
Yeah, I agree, I said that about the epilogue but mostly I was annoyed that it made it almost impossible for a next book, I know I know the 7th book is the last one of the HP series but nothing wrong in hoping, anyways she did everything she had to do to give the series an actual ending. It was a great book.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm
That's true. It was a fantastic book, and I remain a loyal fan, but I hate when I think that Cho was the one focused on in the first 5 books, and she wasn't even "the one" for Harry, which I have to admit is a great twist to the series, but it would have been (I think) a little better if Ginny was focused on a little more after the book said Harry loved her!  

m a n ii r o

Aged Fatcat

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:37 pm
Yeah, thats true, Ginnie was just like a spur of the moment thing on the book,and the ended up being one of the main characters at the end, they didnt give them the attention they needed in the book if the plan was for her to end up with Harry.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:44 am
I read books one through three, five, and seven. After I read the fifth I kind of stopped liking her books....  

LittleBabyRenesmeeCullen

RubyLight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:26 pm
I rather enjoyed the series, until book 7. It was ok. . . The best part was the truth of Snape. It was so sad. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:30 pm
I know...!! I hated how Snape ended up, poor him , after everything, crying (no wonder he was so mean with people,LOL) One of the things I didnt like was that whole epilogue chapter like almost 15 years into the future.... but oh well I guess she had to end the books somehow... smile  

Artemis Gly
Captain

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:01 pm
I'm not sure about the Tales of Beedle the Bard coming out on Dec. 4.
It could be really good or a waste of paper.  
Authors' Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff