Submit

Do you ever listen to online radio?
  Yeah it's awesome
  No it's lame
  Hmm......interesting.......
View Results

Cat Im a Kitty Kat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:29 pm
Has anyone worked with online radio? I'm going to a community school down here in So Cal, screwing around with different stuff (events, promotion, etc), me and some friends want to start an online station for the college. So far it seems like live365 is the major broadcaster, and it has different deals according to how much music we want to play, and how many listeners we want. It'd be nice if it could be streamed through the college's site, then people don't have to go through the hastle of finding our station on live365. Then again the college is annoying and we prefer to not work with them, yet promote them. (tip- being connected to education is an automatic foot in the door). Any advice?

ALSO, if you want to hear different death rock/post punk whatever you want, and don't want to do the searching, just go to live365 and search for the music you want, it'll pull up lots of stations.

Check out blogtalkradio.com so you can start your own station for free! It's only talk radio though. Here's my retarded first show http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DJ-Kitten-Cat  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:21 am
Yup, I've done college radio that was also online. Had a nice two hour slot of goth rock cool , and a nice highlight where I got to interview Vernian Process. I miss it already though (since I've graduated).
I'm planning to create a Shoutcast now... need to buy a new computer that'll run for 24 hours straight and load lots of music to it - of what yet, I dunno... goth/deathrock/darkwave/dark cabaret for sure, but I'm torn between the punk and non-goth post-punk side (due to deathrock leanings), or the "dark music" side (so EBM and s**t would be in it too... due to darkwave leanings). Hrrmm!! =/

ANYWHO, back to your situation - not too many colleges (if any) keep their station's or station info on their main website (usually, it's made for newcomers to the college looking for info), but rather have a completely separate website dedicated to the station.
Of course, if you're actually in talks with the right folks at your college to get what you have in mind going, definitely push for it.  

Shadowolf

Vice Captain

Deathrock

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces