Reply Sketching
Critics please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackAce969696

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:44 pm
im just looking for critics and ways too make my pics look better and also please go comment and rate my stuff in the art arena, thanks

User Image
User Image
pin-up girl someone wanted me to do
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:40 pm
I have to ask this before I say anything: Are the legs intentional, meaning are they part of your style?

Your technique is good, but this is something that I use as a rule of thumb. No matter how much of hobby drawing is, if you want to draw people then study anatomy. There will be books at the library that you can use. My personal favorites are Grey's Anatomy and Physiology, and
Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist. There's also this really cool book on foreshortening Atlas of Foreshortening: The Human Figure in Deep Perspective. I refer back to these three books all the time. Even working in a manga style, it is still preferable to know how the human body flows.

If you would like a couple of bases for faces, and body forms let me know. I have several.  

Luscara

BlackAce969696

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:21 am
Yeah, I know i need some anatomy books, but i dont have a job I can't drive and I don't live near any book stores or libraries. sweatdrop
as for the legs and my style, I've never really thouhgt about,so I don't know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:06 pm
katakui
Yeah, I know i need some anatomy books, but i dont have a job I can't drive and I don't live near any book stores or libraries. sweatdrop

Check out anatomical studies online then. Google's image search should help.  

Luscara

BlackAce969696

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:04 pm
Luscara
katakui

Check out anatomical studies online then. Google's image search should help.

thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:09 am
This is really good, but on the last one is sort of weird. I think it is the legs. You need more muscle. I could help you a little with the calf, because that's where some muscles get complicated with overlapping. Oh, and she looks really unhealthy. Her bones look frail. I cant tell with the monitor, but do you use shading pens? Tose really help a ton.  

ghost ROM

BlackAce969696

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:16 am
the first 3 pics were from about 4years ago so heres one thats only a year old.me practicing with ink out lines

User Image  
Sketching

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff