iNtroduce Yourself! (come here first)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poison iVe3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:38 pm
Welcome to the Apple iGuild! I am iSarah, the Vice Captain of the guild and the resident Steve Jobs fangirl... I have been using Macs for almost 12 years, and currently use a Black MacBook, with a 160GB hard drive, 2.16 GHz Intel processor, and 1 GB RAM. (Need to upgrade, DX)

In the past I owned a iBook G3, iBook G4, PowerBook bronze keys, and a PowerBook duo 3400c. My family has owned at least one of each of the PowerBook line, all the way back to the Duo Docks. (We actually owned the 966th Mac (the original) made, but then my dad gave it to goodwill. We're Apple Freaks.) I also own a black and white, 4th Gen 20GB iPod, a 80GB 5th Gen, and a 4GB 3rd Gen Nano. I really want to work for Apple someday. (It should be obvious by now. XD)

Vash is the owner of the guild, and the one who makes the spiffy graphics.

Please take your time to introduce yourself here, before going and posting in the other forums, or creating your own threads. Enjoy the guild!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:44 pm
Yes, Yes welcome

I ish Vash; long time iPod fan, and newcomer to owning a MacBook (= <3)

I am constantly on the internet and/or dabbling on iMovie (which i finally learned how to use via iLife tutorials) and GarageBand.

Also, i love my Black Metal iPod 3gb Nano.  

Vashta Nerada
Captain

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:34 pm
I'm from Texas.

Most just call me Tillis or Tillisnut on here. I don't give my real nam out on public forums nor guilds.

I've been using the Mac OS for nearly 10 years.

I've been using the Mac OS since system 7.5. In 1998 I got online for the first time with a Mac Clone running OS 7.5. A few years later I got an iMac G3 running OS 9. In 2002 I got my eMac, which I keep around for a file server. It's great for all my classic programs and I have it running OS 10.3.9 and 9.22. My newest Mac is a Mac Mini running Leopard that I really enjoy. It's fast and does all I need. I mostly use iTunes and graphic programs like GIMP. I have iWork and use it for documents. smile Of course, can't forget iPhoto.

I Have a 4th iPod that I've had a few years. It holds 20GB and runs great.

That's it, for now. I'll post more in later posts.
Thanks for the invite.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:52 pm
Welcome Tillis!

I've been using Mac OS for around that same time period.. For almost 12 years. It's amazing how far they have come. I think the first OS I used was System Six..

Very nice set of computers.. I'll have to post sometime about all the different ones we have.. You'd think we were Apple employees at this point. XD

But welcome again! iLook forward to chatting with you!!!  

Poison iVe3
Vice Captain

ishuma

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:14 pm
Hello, I'm ishuma!

I switched about a year and a half ago, and I have not regretted the decision. My Apple obsession started with my 1GB white iPod Nano (1st Gen).

Since then, I have gotten a Macbook Pro.
-15"
-120GB HD
-1GB RAM
-2.16 GHz
-Wireless mighty mouse after my wrist started to hurt after making a DVD for someone

heart

The newest addition to my iFamily is my 8GB iPod Touch. I like it. 3nodding

I like iPhoto and iTunes. My music is playing in the background right now, and I was showing photos of my most recent trip to relatives today.

Thanks for the invite!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:57 pm
Hi, I'm Chaye,

And I've been an iPod fan since the 1st Gen of the Ipod Nano. Unfortunally, I do not own a Mac emo but i do own three ipods: a nano, a classic, and a touch.

I am obsessed with my ipod touch, for example every day I have to listen to it or I'll go completely insane! The ipod touch is the best ipod so far! I'm a youtube fan so having youtube at the touch of my finger is amazing!

Thank you for inviting me and I'll talk to you soon!  

-Colorless Crayons-

DogCow

7,600 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:06 am
Hi, Tillisnut!!! I got invited too! I run a big Mac site called Mac GUI City: http://macgui.com

and I am also a vintage Mac collector. Here are some pics:

http://macgui.com/gallery/showphoto.php?pic_id=790
http://macgui.com/gallery/showphoto.php?pic_id=1059
http://macgui.com/gallery/showphoto.php?pic_id=1020
http://macgui.com/gallery/showphoto.php?pic_id=994

Click them all if you love Apple!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 pm
I'm Diligo Amour, but call me Dili, or Diligo, or Amour, or any other crazy nickname you can come up with 4laugh .
I'm a fan of Apple, and I used to own an iPod Shuffle <.< >.>
I do NOT own a Macbook...but if this computer breaks I'm asking for one xd .

^-^ I hope to have fun and hope you all do too!  

Diligo Amour
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Moondapple
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:55 pm
HI! im moon! ^-^

and i hate vista! WOOT it kills my comp! XDD

i cant wait tilli get a mac.....in like ......3 years......<.< >.>......WAH! gonk

i have an Ipod! WOOT and im hoping to get an Iphone for my b-day! ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:06 pm
Hi, I am... err...
*looks at nametag* <_< V_V >_>
Me... and I'm 18.

i also happen to live in Canada, land of back-bacon, and poutine.

I don't own any modern mac products... but I do collect and use older ones.

in the collection i currently have...

(you can see some of it >HERE< )

2 mac classics, maxed out. (40MB HDD, 4MB of RAM)
A mac plus, no HDD, 1MB of RAM
An old mac CRT screen, that i have not yet tested...
2 imagewriters
A macintosh powerbook 100
an iMac G3, 333, with 384MB of ram, and a 6GB HDD running OS9.2
a Powermac G3, 300, with 512MB of ram, a 15GB HDD, a SCSI controller, and a very nice 16Meg ATI videocard. runs OSX xd
i have plans to overclock the Powermac to 350MHZ

One of the Mac Classics came with a nice looking C compiler, and the books to match. I am learning it.

everything i have been able to test so far is on working order...
i use the iMac as a graphing calculator, as seen >HERE<
Or sometimes as an IRC machine. (Old School MSN, that's cooler) xp

Yes, that pic is my work area, and i still have plans to put in 2 more screens. it's a quad-head setup ATM.

although i am primarily a Windows (XP or older) and Linux user, i am learning mac stuff, and loving it.
i have worked a bit with everything between OS5 and OS10.

this guild looks awesome.  

sarcoz

Phil Hobby

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:46 pm
Hello! I am iPhil iHobby! (well, not really!) I am a loyal Mac user, and I am on my second iMac! I still have the first one, though, and it works fine! My current one is an iMac Intel G5, with 1 GB of RAM and a 160 GB hard drive. I use iWork and iLife, especially iPhoto, in which I have over 6000 photos! I regularly use Photoshop, iPhoto, and Safari simultaneously, so I'm thinking of upgrading RAM soon.
I also have my dad's old 1989 Macintosh SE, which is pretty cool. It runs Mac OS 6, and has Version 4 of Microsoft word.
I use Mac's MobileMe service, and... I like Apple!
It's my only real brand weakness... I should try and be more realistic. But oh well.
Below is a picture of my iMac next to my SE!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
The Apple iGuild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games