Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Enter Guild Name Here] -- Now in Funk'n Quake flavor!

Back to Guilds

Tags: Random, Coconut Duck Babies, Friendly, Funk, Quake 

Reply Art Land
Dream Contest - EGNH Marketing Whores - Ticket Prizes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Switters
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 am
i'm trapped in a burning building

The goal here is to make a Gaia-signature-sized advertisement banner for our wonderful EGNH.

This will be open until Wednesday, December 24th for submissions, at which time we will stop accepting designs and open the floor for voting.

As this takes some work on your part, everyone who submits a design which follows the rules will be rewarded with one (1) ticket, while the end winner will receive an additional four (4) tickets for a total of five (5) to the best banner's artist.

This is not a contest of artistic ability, its of effort and ingenuity. I'm posting templates for .jpg and .png files, feel free to forget those totally and use your own as long as it fits the size requirements. Animation is absolutely fine, use any and all tools at your disposal. We aren't judging you based on if you use Photoshop or MSPaint, but how awesome of an idea you had.

wahmbulance RULES:
1. Submit as many designs as you wish, but we will only put one of them up for voting in the end. Also, you will only receive one participation ticket, regardless of if you send in one or forty-seven banners.

2. Make sure they follow Gaia's TOS. No profanity, nudity, whatever will get you in trouble with your mother likely will here.

3. Files must be 500x100 pixels and saved in either .jpg, .gif or .png formats.

4. Submissions after midnight on December 24th will be ooh'd and ahh'd over, but not counted in any way.

Right Click - Save As
JPG TEMPLATE
PNG TEMPLATE

...why are you still here? Get busy!

but man, you have to see the view

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:12 pm
User Image  

songwriterscramp
Vice Captain

Jigabeth
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:59 pm
User Image
User Image

I have a question.
I don't have access to an animation program but I would like to create an animated banner. I know what I'd like to do and everything. So my question is, can I make a sort of comic strip type thing that shows my ideas of what I'd like to do in the animation. This of course means that it wouldn't actually be able to be used in a signature and that if people wanted to use it someone else would have to create it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:50 am
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6329/33448179ta0.gif
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5310/egnh1aw9.png
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/6697/11037926vf9.gif
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/183/92476546fh4.gif
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.<---Primary choice at the moment.

Edit: I'm willing to animate or even help edit anyone that needs help. Since this contest does judge skill but rather "effort and ingenuity" my intervening will help you only a small bit. You come up with the idea and I will help make it come true but no promises that I can always help you. I'm still relatively new to photoshop and my skills are very limited.

Robertp3001

3,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Switters
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:54 pm
i'm trapped in a burning building

Okay, those are awesome, so I'm going to modify this contest a bit and split it.

Participants still receive one ticket, best animated banner gets a total three tickets and best non-animated banner gets three tickets, and you can't win both contests.

JIG: Submit anything you like, a comic would be awesome! Only 500x100 banners will go into the contest bit though.

ROB: Which one do you want as your official submission?

but man, you have to see the view

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:02 pm
I haven't decided yet, I still may create some other banners.  

Robertp3001

3,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Jigabeth
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:28 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
My original idea was for it to be an animation with the duck chasing the coconut to one side, and then back to the other. But I only have access to flash at school, not at home.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:51 am
Jigabeth
User Image
User Image

User Image
My original idea was for it to be an animation with the duck chasing the coconut to one side, and then back to the other. But I only have access to flash at school, not at home.
Psst. It's [EGNH]. Not [ENGH]. sweatdrop  

songwriterscramp
Vice Captain

Jigabeth
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 am
songwriterscramp
Jigabeth
User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

What are you talking about, of course it's [Enter Name Guild Here] .
lol *head keyboard* thanks. =]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:10 pm
Jigabeth
songwriterscramp
Jigabeth
User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

What are you talking about, of course it's [Enter Name Guild Here] .
lol *head keyboard* thanks. =]

I always say ENGH...it sounds better to me razz

User Image  

Alisox

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100

songwriterscramp
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:23 pm
I love yours Alisox! I think Ill use it, even if it doesnt win. pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:53 pm
Really? Yay! whee
I've been thinking about making more, but I've been a little lazy haha  

Alisox

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100

Robertp3001

3,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:32 am
I'm too lazy to make any more, else I would have made a ton more semi-usable banners.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:40 pm
I are sad because noone else wants to make animated banners to compete with mine. If I'm the only one that submits and animated banner and win because of it, I don't think would count as a win.

Robertp3001

3,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Robertp3001

3,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Contest is over and noone put up something against my own...

Art Land

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff