7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:05 pm
We are few. We are many.
We are free. We are hunted.
We are lovers. We are warriors.
We are loyal to each other, we are unlike any other.

This is the valley of Hidden Miracle, a place untouched by most civilization. Not that there is much civilization in the time period. The world knows not of our valley, and the inhabitants would like to keep it that way. However, not everyone in this life-abound gem get along with each other, and the Dwarven-Elven Wars some years ago pointed out the need for a higher authority. And so, the take-charge griffons and centaurs decided to step in, and twelve Guardians were appointed. The valley regained peace under thier councel and valiance in action. The bravest of these actions can earn a Guardian the highest honor possible: The Nightstar Badge.

Hidden Miracle is inhabited by many creatures many have not seen, and that live only in this tranquil place. Some are good, some are evil, and some we are not sure of. Many different people of many different races wander into the valley, thier quest of thier own choosing. Some return home with thier trophies and splendor, and some are never seen again.

The valley is composed of a lifebound forest, a massive lake in the center of it, and is bordered by rocky cliffs. All the other places in the valley are undiscovered, since none dare to explore it. The only areas that are placed on maps are the ones that have been settled into villages, and the ones inhabited by different races. Most areas of the valley have been forbidden by the overtaking army, and about the only ones who travel these places are the people of Enter, though they mostly act in the villages.

~Current Plot~
The valley has known peace ever since the Guardians were appointed. That was fifty years ago, and the original Twelve still remain. The Law states that a Guardian is replaced after 150 years of service, or if they are killed in action. But these days, nobody obeys what the Law says.
Darkness has come. Drow lurk in the shadows with thier dragon slaves, watching as their employers, the cabrans, over take our valley. The firey will of the griffons and cantaurs has been snuffed into embers among ashes. The dwarves cannot shine thier loyalty or strength under the chains of the cabran army. And the elves and merpeople mainly keep to themselves anymore.
The forgotten remain. The odd races, the warriors and renegades, the misplaced and misunderstood. They are the the light in the darkness, the last hope for Miracle Valley. They have formed a small underground encampment hidden in the NorthEastern cliff faces. The camp has been named Enter, and none talk of it. No one knows of Enter unless they recite a passcode first, and only the Guardians know the code.
Not many think that the people of Enter, referred to widely as "The Torches", have any chance against the seem-te-be limitless army of Cabrans and thier ruler Shale. Still they fight on. They're fueled by memories of what used to be, loyalty to present comrades, and hope for what still could be.

Few support them, fewer would join them.
Have you the will to fight alongside them?

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:02 pm
~*Positions*~

Guardians

*Forest Guardian [covers all forests inside the valley]- available taken
*Aquarian Guardian [covers all bodies of water]- available
*Cliffbases Guardian [covers the areas and town at the feet of the mountains]- available
*Mountains Guardian [covers mountainous terrain]- available
*Mountains Guardian [there will be two since the mountains are so vast]- available
*Whiteline Guardian [covers the beaches to the West, the only direction not bordered by mountains.]- available

Enter Army [Torches]

*soldiers-unlimited
*commanding officers- 4 positions available
*lookouts
-night guard- 5 positions available
- day guard- 5 positions available
*stockholder[deals with infantry]- 3 positions available
*spy- 3 positions available
*medic- 5 4 positions available
*messenger- 3 positions available

Cabran Army [includes Drow and Dragons]

*soldiers-unlimited
*King Shale-available [the only rule concerning his bio is the name. otherwise, be creative.]
*war advisors- 3 positions available
*commanding officers- 6 positions available
*spy- 3 positions available
*messenger- 3 positions available
*medic- 5 positions available
*stockholder [deals with infantry]- 3 positions available

Neutral
*10 positions available

[NOTE: if you don't see a position listed, PM it to me in your bio and I will post it here. if it is reasonable.]

[NOTE: you are allowed to combine positions as long as they are reasonable. example-reasonable) 1)Guardian in the army or 2)messenger/spy. example-unreasonable- 1)commanding officer and night/day guard or 2)King and spy.]

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:15 pm
~*Creatures*~

Cabran-evil= A race of snakewolf creatures that love surprise attacks and strike at random. Little to no wit, stupid and vicious. Usually black in color, always with red eyes. They are very stubborn and do not give up easily. Often they will play dead, attacking after the threat has supposedly passed. Do not let your guard down, even if they appear to be dead. They like to attack travelers on the road and pillage them for treasure. They need no reason to destroy, simply get pleasure out of killing.

Unicorn-good= A graceful and very rare animal. Like a horse with a spiral horn. They have certain powers that come from a single horn that grow from thier forehead, including healing powers. They are attracted to wounded travelers and will heal any injured living thing they come across, as long as it is good. Color varies.

Foxes-mostly good, but with some rougue= A regular forest animal, but high in population. It is agile and stealthy. Orange, pale red, or grey in color.

Wolves-either way= Also a regular forest animal, but again high in population. Excellent hunters that travel in packs. Usually grey, white, or black fur.

Dragons-mostly evil, with some good= A magnificent and powrful creature. They live alone , most of the time in a cave, but it regards the forest as it's backyard. They are is treasure hunters, and sleep on a bed of collected riches at night. They are very dangerous if evil, and there are very few among it's kind that are good, so steer clear. They can breath fire and fly, and come in a variety of colors. Covered with extrememly strong scales that act like armor and are packed tighly together. Have only one weak spot, underneath thier neck.

Phoenix-either way= A phoenix is a mythical bird with beautiful gold and red plumage. At the end of one's life-cycle the phoenix builds itself a nest of cinnamon twigs that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix arises. The new phoenix is destined to live, usually, as long as the old one. The bird was also said to regenerate when hurt or wounded by a foe, thus being almost immortal and invincible — a symbol of fire and divinity.

Other- standard animals that live inside the forest. Ex.- rabbits, squirrels, hawks, owls, etc.

[NOTE: The creatures are not limited to the ones listed here. You can bring in pets or otherwise. And if you have any suggestions as to what I could list, PM them to me.]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:33 pm
~*Races*~

Dwarves- Dwarves are generally described as being about 3 to 5 feet tall, big-headed, and bearded. The modern stereotypical dwarf has distinctive features, such as short stature, excessive hair, and skill at mining and metallurgy. They value thier kinsmen and will fight at thier side until the end. It's hard to win a dwarf's trust, but once you do, they are loyal to you. Other characteristics of dwarves include long (but mortal) life, antipathy to elves and distrust to other races. Many but not all are portrayed as having Scottish accents.

Elves- The elves were originally imagined as a race of minor nature and fertility beings, who are often pictured as youthful-seeming men and women of great beauty living in forests and underground places and caves, or in wells and springs. They have been portrayed to be long-lived or immortal and as beings of magical powers. Tend to be more beautiful and wiser than humans, with sharper senses and perceptions. A hallmark of fantasy elves is also their long and pointed ears. It is worth noting that those things described as being of or related to these fair elves are referred to as "elven", as opposed to "elfish" (a term more closely associated with the sprite-like elves of medieval conception).

Centaurs- A race of creatures composed of part human and part horse. Percieved to be skilled archers. Whereas centaurs in Greek mythology were generally symbolic of chaos and unbridled passions, Delta Lambda Phi's centaur is modeled after Chiron and represents honor, moderation and tempered masculinity. Centaurs have appeared in many places in modern fiction, and may be regarded as a fantasy trope. They are masters of astronomy and divination, being able to read the stars and tell of future events.

Griffins- The griffin is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and often wings of an eagle. As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle the king of the birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature. Griffins are normally known for guarding treasure. In antiquity it was a symbol of divine power and a guardian of the divine.

Halfbreeds- A race percieved as a human mixed with an animal. Posses a human body, with certain traits of thier animal. Example) A fox half breed might have the body of a human and the ears, tail, teeth, claws, (instinct,) and whiskers of a fox. Paws and other traits are common as well. The personality is exibited as the aniumal would have. Example) a fox, dog, or wolf half breed would be loyal to those kind to them. Common amimal mixtures are dogs, wolves, cats, raccoons, foxes, etc., but can range frrom tigers all the way down to mice.

Mermaid/merpeople- An aquatic creature with the head and torso of human female and the tail of a fish. The male version of a mermaid is called a merman; gender-neutral plurals could be merpeople or merfolk. Much like sirens, mermaids would sometimes sing to sailors and enchant them, distracting them from their work and causing them to walk off the deck or cause shipwrecks. They are also said to take them down to their underwater kingdoms. In Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid it is said that they forget that humans cannot breathe underwater, while others say they drown men out of spite.

Faerie- A fairy (also fay, fey, fae, faerie; collectively, wee folk, good folk, people of peace, and other euphemisms) is the name given to a type of mythological being or legendary creature, a form of nature spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural or preternatural. Fairies are generally portrayed as human in appearance and as having supernatural abilities such as the ability to fly, cast spells and to influence or foresee the future. Although in modern culture they are often depicted as young, sometimes winged, females of small stature, they originally were depicted much differently: tall, radiant, angelic beings or short, wizened trolls being some of the commonly mentioned. Nowadays, fairies are often depicted with wings of various shapes: like the wings of ordinary generalized winged insects, e.g. as the image at this link, like butterfly wings (butterfly fairies), various fantastic shapes.

Faun- Fauns are woodland creatures with the legs of a goat and the upper body of a human. They characteristically have curly hair, glossy black hair and fur, small horns resembling those of a goat, and long tails. They enjoy dancing and playing music, and their faces are simultaneously "mournful and merry".

Nymph: Nymphs are nature spirits that live in the trees and waters, they are capable of leaving their tree or watery domains and assuming a physical body resembling human form. They are so spiritually tied to their places of nature that, if it was destroyed, the nymph bound to that place will die. They are capable of consorting with human men and women and can produce children with them.

Other-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures  

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:47 pm
~*Rules*~

-No cybering, I hate it with a passion. Take it to PM if you really must.
-Keep it pg-15
-PM me your bios with the title "Ablaze"
-I can add onto or take away from the rules at any time
-If you join, stick with it. Or at least tell me if you're leaving, so I know to clear you out of the accepted characters.
-If you don't post for a month (unless you tell me you won't be on for a month or longer) I will clear you out of the accepted characters.
-This is a semi-lit thread, so no txt tlk. Be literate. Save the vowels, they're an endagered species.
-The time period is in the middle ages, so preferedly no modern weapons please. It's alright if you have them, but it kinda goes against the theme.
-Post a mrgreen somehwere in your bio so I know you read the rules. You read the rules, I shall luv u 4evah^^ You don't read them, you make me sad >[
-I dont really care what race you are. Join if you want to, no preferences.
-Character bio is pretty free-form, but you must include:
Gaia name
Character name
Position/Role [see 'positions' post]
Personality
Weapons
Powers [if any]
Pets [if any]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:06 pm
~*Characters*~

*Accepted Bios*

name: Anika

personality: Despite past experiencces, Anika is happy-go-lucky, funny, and witty. She is extremely loyal to those kind to her, but they have to prove they deserve it. She is resistant to change. She is very close-knit with her family and friends in her village, although she rarely sees them. She wishes the world would open its eyes, and replace all its hate with love.

race: Angel/halfbreed (foxwolf)

weapons: claws, teeth, instincts, speed, martial arts, Dwarven Greataxe

powers: Angel of nature with the ability to control the elements. Can shapeshift into foxwolf form. Can also heal using energy from nature.

pet/companion- Chase, a fox, who has fought by her side ever since he was old enough. Has ability to shift into a fox large enough to ride, though rarely uses it. Also has the ability to sense presence of most beings within a 200 ft range, and has potential for powers yet to be revealed.

pic: ~Neko Form~
User Image
I know it's not colored, bear with me. Her hair, ears, and tail are all white and orange at the tips. Her shirt's brown and cargo pants are kakhi(sp?). Thats fire on her ears, tail, and axe. ((and yes, I did draw that^^ that's my artist signature in the axe handle. look real close.))

~Foxwolf Form~
Like this except orange at the tips of her tail and ears. She had the ability to tranform with wings or without.
User Image

bio: Anika is a foxwolf nature angel who can control the elements. She was born to protect all of nature and animals. When the time came to elect the Guardians, she was nominated as Guardian by the griffon Flare. She had never been that responsible, she was rebellious and often reckless, and was the last candidate any others would think of. She was only accepted because Flare, and the centaur Talc, saw her for what lay underneath, saw the true valiant warrior she really was and the person she strove to be. It is now rumored that she had recieved the Nightstar Badge.
Anika owns a fox named Chase that she found as an orphan, and she raised him from a kit. Her older brother's name is Radan (foxwolf halfbreed, like Anika) and thier closest friend and messenger/spy is Aaron, who is a fox halfbreed. The village healer is Feya (a wolf halfbreed), who raised Anika and Radan as her own when thier parents died. Anika's parents died when she was 9 years old, defending her and Radan. They all live in Enter and fight valiantly in service. In fact, they were among the founders of the city and the underground army.

Chase's pic:
User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mrgreen {Read the rules}
Gaia name: Kynum

Name: Sarkra

Position/Role: Torch--Messenger

Personality: A "young" elf that tends to be on the happy rather than the solemn side of the spectrum. Loves kitties whee 3nodding ! Likes to wander the woods and marvel at its infinite splendor. Hates it when others belittle her skill based on her actions.

Race: Elf (Female)

Weapons: An ornate, black bow with a silver leaf motif painted on and matching quiver. The quiver is hip mounted so that drawing arrows isn't hindered by her slightly tattered, earth colored cloak. The quiver holds about 30 arrows as of the beginning of the adventure. She wields the bow counter intuitively. She holds the bow with her right hand and draws with her left hand, even though she is right handed. Her two short blades share the same black, leaf motif as the bow. The blades are 1.5 feet long (not including the handle. They are somewhat curved in the traditional elven fashion and they don't have a guard, like many elven blades, to facilitate easy carrying. The blades have an undulating line of elven lettering etched into them.
...is it sad that my weapons section is more thought out than the personality section? eek

Powers: If you played "The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind" this would be easier to describe. Most of her Magic ability is derived from Alteration magic. Alteration magic has to do with changing physical properties of items, most notably weight. She can make things she's carrying lighter, or things enemies are carrying heavier. This effect also can be applied to beings. This means that she can make herself lighter and also enhance her maneuverability to jump incredible distances and heights. This also means that she has a limited ability to float around, but not really "fly". Alteration magic also has the ability to shield its user from physical harm (I think it also pertains to magic, but I'm not sure, so I'll just say that it doesn't for the sake of not god-modding). I also want to add an ability of Alteration that Morrowind doesn't have (because it wouldn't make sense in that world). Sarkra can make her enemies fly back (or any other direction really) with any sort of punch attack, but they have to be close. Kind of like a force push. Sarkra has a very limited knowledge of Illusion magic. Illusion magic has to do with how others see the world. This includes invisibility. Sarkra CANNOT turn invisible, because she doesn't know how yet. She can, however, use a "Chameleon" spell that makes her a little see-through and makes her a little harder to see. That's the only Illusion effect Sarkra can do.
Holy F@#$ my powers section is even longer than my weapons! Sorry. sweatdrop

Bio: Sarkra has been trained, since she was very little, to be a messanger. This means that she has a good basic knowledge of the forest and what plants are good to eat and which are good for healing. She is still considered very young and not given tasks that have too much consequence. Sarkra doesn't like this, so she tries to show the others of her prowess and skill so that they can depend on her to deliver the message! Sarkra's mother has taught her more ways of using Alteration magic than the school of magic would have cared to. Because of her job as a messenger to other Elven tribes, Sarkra knows her neck of the woods (hehehe...) pretty well, but still has much to learn. Nothing too special has happened to her as of yet, but Sarkra dreams of high adventure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gaia Name: x_0 i-Cupcake 0_x
Name: Akemi Magari
Race: Elf
Job/status of living: Torch Medic
Powers: Can manipulate the Earth element
Appearance: Akemi-chan
Bio: Akemi grew up in a town full of other elves. She was an outcast, but eventually proved herself to everyone. She's a very protective and unique person. She likes to speak her mind and wont just let people bully her. Akemi loves to sing and dance, and she loves to be the center of attention. She wants to be a popular person and she loves to talk.
Weapon: Mini Shurikens in a pouch strapped to her leg.
Pet: Mimi-chan
mrgreen

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:16 pm
~*Reserved*~  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:58 pm
~*Reserved*~  

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:56 pm
~*Reserved*~  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:01 pm
~*OPEN*~
~You are now free to roam!~

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:16 pm
"Move, boys, move!!" The calls echoed throughout the cleared-out space that, mere few minutes before, was sprouting forest ground and trees. Chaos erupted in the night, sounds of weapons clashing and rebel shouts rang out, slowly spreading through the gentle cloud-mist that came with Dusk. The rebel army moved in well-organized formations, ones that were quickly being broken apart by vicious counter-attacks by thick black masses darting about over the felled trees, the felled boulders...
...and felled warriors.

"Retreat!" Came the inevitable cry, which provoked another chorus of voices at odd intervals. The rebels gathered to thier retreat formations, scrambling over the rough terrain and thin tree trunks.
Like the fallen on the battlefield, the trees were only beginning thier lives.
Soldiers carried thier wounded or dead comrades on thier backs, some with wounds of thier own, some with tears on thier cheeks, all refusing to leave any behind but the rotting Cabrans and Drow. Malicious canine snarls drowned out hearty battle-cries as the Torches retreated.

The rebels suffer great loss this night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:15 pm
Sarkra had been a messenger for a few months now. She had been trained for many years prior to be able to fend for herself in the forest all alone. As an elf, forest survival training is second nature with their reverence for it. She was made to memorize all of the messenger paths between the elven territories while she was in the ranger academy so that she could find her way with ease. But right now Sarkra was just taking it easy. On a nice night like this it was hard for her not to take advantage of it. The full moon lit the thin fog like the breath from a huge, unseen shadow demon on a cold night. Sarkra reclined on the lush grassy knoll that was part of a large clearing in the forest that hosted a small outpost with no more than 100 souls in it at any given time. There were two obvious trails into the surrounding forest, one directly to the south and one directly to the north. The knoll that the young, blond elf laid back on was one of the few pieces of landscape feature that dotted the clearing. As she watched the northern sky through the foliage of the small, sparsely leafed sapling that accompanied the knoll, Sarkra noticed movement amongst the forest wiles on the northern path, coming toward her. She frowned a bit, wondering who would be traveling at this time of night. That was, of course, unless it was a fellow messenger delivering tidings of things abroad. As the anomaly came forward and took on the form of a humanoid creature that Sarkra could not remember the name of, she sat up with a leg retracted and her arms holding her up. The man addressed her as he came close, "Evening, Ma'am. Could you tell me where the city hall is in that lovely little place over there?."  

Kynum

Kynum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:09 pm
Sarkra studied the man briefly and decided that he was indeed a messenger. "Alright, follow me." Sarkra said as she stood up and brushed off her rear, disturbing her long, waist-length, blond hair which was bound near the end with a tie made of pliable forest vine. Her legs were bare save for the black form fitting shorts she wore and her trusty, collared, leather boots. Her short sleeved shirt matched the shorts in style and made it look like they were actually one piece of clothing. Sarkra hoped, for the messenger's sake, that he wasn't looking at anything he shouldn't as he followed her into the outpost. She took him to the community hub, which served as the brain of the place, rather quickly, as she knew the layout of the outpost well after being stationed there for a week on the elven frontier. The community hub building was actually quite humble because this was not exactly rich like the capital city; this place was little more than a stop on the way from the elven territories to other realms. The command of the functions of the community had to be monitored at all times. Therefore it was necessary to have a daytime Duke and a night time Duke. The latter currently presided. The messenger addressed the Duke formally and bowed to one knee as he began to relay his message...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:36 pm
The messenger relayed tidings of what was on the minds of many of the inhabitants of Hidden Miracle. The Rebellion. "The rebels were handed a sound defeat earlier tonight."
The Duke responded, "Earlier tonight?! How did you get here so quickly?"
"Sire, the battles have been in sporadic areas around the valley. But recently the battles have been shifting in a pattern that suggests that the elven territories will be engulfed in the struggle. The latest battle happened north of here. You may have seen some faint consequences of the ordeal if it weren't in the evening."
"This is horrid news," said the Duke with a scowl, "Sarkra, I am sending you to relay this news further south."
Sarkra had a look of bewilderment on her face as this was ordered of her. She had never really been actively dispatched to deliver tidings of importance before. She quickly regained her composer and bowed low. She jogged out of the community hub to the local inn, leaving the Duke and the messenger. Sarkra had all of her belongings located in the inn, which wasn't hard to do because she didn't have very much stuff to begin with. She had only her weapons, Olive/Beige colored cloak, and a few other accessories to equip before she stole out of the building, out of the outpost, and out into the night. She headed south, toward her home village to pass on the news and to see her mother.

Kynum

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 pm
"Radan. We lost ." Anika raised her half-empty mug to her lips with the arm that wasn't being bandaged, digging her claws into the wooden cup, and downed its contents. "We lost, Radan. AGAIN!" She slammed the mug on the table beside her, creating a small ring-shaped indent in the already cracked surface. She let out a low wolf growl from deep in her throat, narrowing her emerld eyes and tilting her head down. Her white-and-orange ears that matched the coloring on her tail were laid back against her white hair, which on any other day would be fine slowing silk all the way down to its orange tips. But today, the hair she wore tied back in a high ponytail was matted with dirt and mud, and blood from enemies and conmrades alike. Her own blood she wore on her left arm, the one that was currently being tended to by one of the Torch medics. The medic slowly rolled back her tattered sleeve, which at one point in the distant past was tanned to match the color of the Earth. Anika wore loose cargo pants of a darker brown. A leather belt clad with loops and pouches for various weapons, a tattered forest-green cloak, and a dwarven greataxe still in its back-mount holster hung over the chair she sat in.

"Oh hush it, I know we lost." Radan, a loyal warrior to the Torches, and Anika's blood brother, answered from across the table. "Only a battle, though, not the war." His normally rustic and warm voice was weak to match his weary disposition, and by now he was beyond hiding his condition. Out of all, Radan had fought the hardest that night. He had been tended to firstly, despite having insisted on being the last to be treated. He had, though, managed to be last to leave the battle. Most of his battle-gear was stripped and lay on the table in front of where he stood, sorting out gear and cleaning weapons. Among the items was a belt similar to Anika's, a traveler's cloak of amber-gold, the wide-brimmed hat that went everywhere with him, a pair of heavy boots, and another dwarven greataxe. Radan and Anika's axes were sister blades, both handcrafted by the dwarven king, and each one bestowed with special powers that differed from Anika to Radan.

Anika looked up into Radan's dirty and tired face, which was partly covered by loose strands of his rust-colored hair. Her eyes wandered to the bandages covering his upper right arm, lower left arm, and the whole of his torso. She winced at the latter, knowing that he was pushing his luck.
Radan must have seen her expression, or simply sensed it from how well he knew his sister, because the familiar wry grin parted his lips.
"Life, sister, will you not worry about things?" He laughed, as Anika watched the medic finish with ehr arm and then tend to other Torch warriors."I know it's been hard, but really all we can do now is wait it out. Maybe messengers will come soon telling us news. You been wanting to hear about how things are going up North, right?"

"Bah...Ain't no messengers comin' down 'ere." Anika snorted, picking up her homeraised dwarven accent.
"Well, believe what ye want. I'ma just believe that we ain't gonna be doin' this forever." He answered in his own dwarven dialect, slapping his leather-cloth, tattered hat on his head.
Anika coudn't help but smile slightly at her brother.
Radan was ever the enduring one.

- Fantasy / Science Fiction RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces