Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Enter Guild Name Here] -- Now in Funk'n Quake flavor!

Back to Guilds

Tags: Random, Coconut Duck Babies, Friendly, Funk, Quake 

Reply Main Forum
I hate mainlanders

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay?
No way.
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

songwriterscramp
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:42 pm
I dont, I'm just kidding. Technically, Im a mainlander, even though I come from an island smaller than this. wink

But there's this girl here from Nova Scotia (look it up on a map) who said exactly the opposite of that. "I hate Newfoundlanders." How can you hate Newfoundlanders? She hates the way they talk. She's all like, "I came here and got called 'my love' and 'ducky', and I also got asked 'Whaddaya at?'" (Translation: What are you at? = What's up?)

What the hell is wrong with my love, ducky and whaddaya at? Seriously. And how can she hate a whole province full of people just because they have certain expressions she's not comfortable with? It's stupid, it's ignorant and it's kinda racists, except that Newfoundlanders arent a race. Grr. stare *stab*

Song does not dislike people easily, but that kind of bigotry is something I can't stand! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:43 pm
I suspect when most Americans hear the word "Canada" they think of Newfy accents. razz
You come from P.E.I., right?

AkiraFujita

songwriterscramp
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:44 pm
Originally, yes.

And oddly enough, I think they think of a cross between Saskatchewan and Newfoundland. It's weird.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:50 pm
Yeah, I meant originally. I would've got that you live in Newfoundland whether I knew it or not, anyway.  

AkiraFujita

songwriterscramp
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:53 pm
Heh, true. xd

But I say "originally" cuz I dont consider PEI home. It was just another stepping stone in my life. 3nodding

Except that it has no stones. It's all dirt. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:05 pm
I don't think you can say "stepping-dirt". ninja  

AkiraFujita

Jigabeth
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:01 pm
"I lay my life down at Your feet
Cause You're the only one I need
I turn to You and You are always there....

What side of the road do you drive on in Canadia?
Because I was thinking (going off topic) that it would be weird if it was different to the US because then at the border you'd have to change sides. But you guys spell the same as us with all the 'u's in favourite and colour and you use kg and km and degrees celsius right?

...In troubled times it's You I seek
I put You first that's all I need
I humble all I am all to You"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:32 pm
No, we drive on the right like in the US.

But we do use all those things.

Except the 'u's. In Canada, you can spell it either way and it's acceptable. Weird, but it's cuz we have influence from Britain and the States. So you'll see things spelled both ways here.

I just like bugging Americans about it. wink

But I will bug Brits about centre. It's center.

I just like to bug people. ninja  

songwriterscramp
Vice Captain

DeathIsInLoveWithMe
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:09 am
User Image'Cause to me everyday is Halloween
I have given up hiding and started to fight

I think the word you're looking for is discriminating razz But yeah, she's being ignorant. Then again, I wouldn't mind being called love, that sounds so british <3 and it's kinda cute :3 but... ducky? Or any other strange petnames like pumpkin and cupcake? No thanks talk2hand That would creep me the hell out!

And about the 'u's. I spell it the british way ;D colour! It looks a lot better methinks XD But I agree it's center, not centre... it makes me want to pronounce the word very weirdly XD

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:29 am
Pronounced Ca-nt-rea-dit if spelled centre.
Whats wrong with pumpkin? I think death is very much a pumpkin personally. Not that strangers oughta do it, but freinds works. But then again, I hang out with a guy called sammich and a girl who goes by mini-muffin.  

J-E-O-C

Puck Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:34 am
Everytime I think of Canada, I think of "eh."
And Mounties. And bears. And lots of red.
And people who practice stupid bigotry...
Should get a severe talking to.

And by the way, we also have influence from the Brits, but we also decided to completely and utterly attempt to serperate our cultures. Most of those who moved to Canada were supporters of the British, and not of the Revolution. We were the angry ones. You know, like the rebellious teen child who moves out and becomes a semi-competent (at times) adult.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:18 am
I say a brutal beating and a 48 hour lecture, strapped into a chair without food for bigots, but that may just be the sadism talking.  

J-E-O-C

songwriterscramp
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:04 am
Oh yes. Violence to cure hate. Works every time. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:30 am
J-E-O-C
Pronounced Ca-nt-rea-dit if spelled centre.
Whats wrong with pumpkin? I think death is very much a pumpkin personally. Not that strangers oughta do it, but freinds works. But then again, I hang out with a guy called sammich and a girl who goes by mini-muffin.
User Image'Cause to me everyday is Halloween
I have given up hiding and started to fight

I could accept it if it had any significance... like... because that person eats a lot of pumpkin, or... once got covered in gooey pumpkin insides or something, but out of the blue, no.

User Image

DeathIsInLoveWithMe
Crew

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas