Ramblings out loud. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hlyn
Captain
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:10 pm
Game system subforum unneccessary, however, useful for house rules.

Thinking to house-rule out summoner class and give everyone potential to learn.

Introduce ORD's vehicle and crafting system.

Look at sub-job system options.

Take Dythnix's suggestions... ;b  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:49 am
lol nice.
Well the only suggestions I can give are, try to aquire new members, and think about what you want to do with your character. xp Because we've already got what we need otherwise. 3nodding
The only other thing I can think of is testing, testing, and more testing. I'm willing to test any type of house rules at any point during the story, but we need to make sure they're fun & reasonable before implimentation. (Everything I said was really obvious though xp
So you basically said it all. Nice work 3nodding )  

Dythnix
Crew

Hlyn
Captain
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:07 am
Recruitment, ugh, that'll be a toughy... Let's see though, I'll start drafting up a write-up for it to place in the registered guilds section, although that's a very slow moving and ill-seen forum. Meantime, I'm gonna get you crew status. Made the recycle subforum to place the old system threads, so if you get the notion to move anything, recycling is where old threads go to live / die. ;b

I may see if I can affiliate with some of the other guilds I'm in... but since it can be number and dice heavy, might want to stress the idea that members don't need to be super active, just active enough to check in and get down a few chatter posts and one to three RP posts every week or so. Ya know, make it seem really casual.

Secondary stuff:
Ok, Lemme know what your thoughts are on this,
So if we house-rule out summoner and give everyone summoning, still keeping the mana costs of it down though. We'll have to make Grand Summoning purchaseable somehow. I'm thinking another house rule addon for advantages, ya know, every certain amount of levels, get a bonus point to spend on new advantages or buy off disadvantages. We'll likely use the sub-job setup I looked at before, provided it's still there. I'll go look around for it. Work in progress, but if we work up a decent game plan before rushing into it, we can do well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:38 am
For recruitment, I can spread the word around to a few friends... but I'm not great at recruiting random people sweatdrop , But it sounds like a solid idea. For affiliation, I know a few guilds that wouldn't mind the extra buisness (seeing as i'm vice in two of them xp )
As for the house rules, summons could be obtained by all, but you'd have to go to extreme lengths to get each one, even the weakest ones. Likely obscure sidequests too.
Grand summoning as purchaceable... there could be an NPC in the world who teaches it to you for a fee (he'll be hard to find too probably).
As for the advantages, as much as I would like to have 100000 advantages & no disadvantages (lol) I think it's already a well balanced system. Maybe, however, a player could opt to forfiet his stats he would gain by a level up, and instead gain one advantage point. This would add a bit of strategy to your players growth.
and if you do dig up the sub-job thread, post a link here, so I can see it too.

All in all, sounds like we've got a good plan going. 3nodding  

Dythnix
Crew

Shuriken99

Dapper Phantom

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:12 pm
I can't help much with recruitment, but the vehicle and airship systems I can work on.
Would you like me to start writing up a BETA for a vehicle system?
ie: Movement, Weapons, Battling, Chases, etc.

I found a D20 Anime Roleplaying book in a store where I know the owner. It involves rules for mech, vehicles, and air-vehicles for chases, battles and all that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:20 am
Shuriken99
I can't help much with recruitment, but the vehicle and airship systems I can work on.
Would you like me to start writing up a BETA for a vehicle system?
ie: Movement, Weapons, Battling, Chases, etc.

I found a D20 Anime Roleplaying book in a store where I know the owner. It involves rules for mech, vehicles, and air-vehicles for chases, battles and all that.
Please do, in youre spare time of course. I'm willing to give anything a shot. And vehicles/mechs in this would be quite awesome. (there aren't really any playable mechs in final fantasy, apart from magi-tech armor, I want to see how that would work out)
Unless you object Hlyn?  

Dythnix
Crew

Hlyn
Captain
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:54 am
Sure, it'd be nice to have, most definitely. By the way, it looks like there was some preliminary work done on it already in the FFRPG wiki, I'll post links at the bottom of my post, but maybe you could even use those as a starting point and fill in gaps. Also, here's the links for the possible sub job systems.

http://www.returnergames.com/ord/index.php/Vehicle_Manual_Central

http://www.returnergames.com/ord/index.php/ORD:_Sub_Job_system
http://www.returnergames.com/ord/index.php/ORD:_License_Point_System
http://www.returnergames.com/ord/index.php/ORD:_Job_Switching_System

The Sub Job one seems the easiest to me, though I have a soft spot for the license point system. I've just barely skimmed the job switching article.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:55 am
Hmm, i'll take a look. Thank you for posting these.  

Dythnix
Crew

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:19 am
Not bad, not bad.
I like the vehichle and sub job systems. The licence point i'm willing to try, but changing jobs seems a bit.... er.... cheap? I only glazed over it myself, so by all means I may be wrong, but changing jobs (if we choose to allow it) will become commonplace, and everyone changing their stats around can have nasty side effects too (Ex: Stats may be forgotten, and lost forever, resulting in compromise, or arguments (not exactly in that order xp )). Plus, with minimal crew currently, it would be hard to properly keep up with EVERYTHING. sweatdrop
So, unless we get the manpower, or we decide we want more responsibility, I gunna have to personally vote nay.
Unless you guys have more to add?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:26 pm
The last three links are more of a "pick one" type deal. I'm leaning towards option 1.  

Hlyn
Captain

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:01 am
I figured they were, seeing as jobs & licence points don't usually work together. xp
But I agree, option 1 looks the most promising 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:00 am
Ok, Option 1 it is!

I think we'll start off initially at level 5. Also, I'm starting to jot down notes on campaign thoughts. Still in the writing phase, but I want to get some testing done and down before hand. Summoner class is house ruled out, subjobs (option 1) in, most ORD is fair game. We can do Limit Breaks still if wanted, I actually want to write up limit break packages to help people get rolling faster on those.  

Hlyn
Captain

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:24 pm
Alright, write up your limit break packages in your spare time. I look forward to viewing them biggrin . As for starting at level five, that sounds good, but where do we begin? And one of us will undoubtably have to be GM (Who will likely decide our starting point come to think of it. xp )
Do we take turns GM'ing? Or shall one of us be a perma-GM?
And finally, it looks like everything thus far has gone rather smoothly, and we're nearly done.... I just felt like saying good job everyone. (Especially you Hlyn, lol you've done the bulk of the work thus far xp )  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:17 pm
Is this the only active topic we have going right now?

sweatdrop

Perhaps I'd better start doing my job and removing a load of stuff from the records?  

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:13 pm
Hey you're back!
Lol it's ok, just put unused topics in the archives, for future referance and examples. Except the "post new characters here" As that will be a quick reference page to everyones stats and skills, more than a finished character.
Also, have fun and make your character, I'll have mine ready very soon. And seeing as we need a proper time to RP,
I say we'll begin next week, have your character ready by then ok? There will be no specific time to get on, just post when you feel like it. There will be no DM for the first one, just a few monsters I'll set up. This will be before we start the RP proper, just to get a feel for what we'll be doing.
Sound good everyone?  
"Symphony of a New Era" -- Final Fantasy d20 RP guild --

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces