Welcome All! Please sign in here. All we require is:
Name:
How you got started on Gaia:

Ex:
Robert Gaffney
I go to school there
A friend gave me an account.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:30 pm
You are so werid, you know now everyone can find you right?  

Heartless-Revenge
Crew

Chaos Sorcerer 92
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:23 pm
You do know no ones gonna want to right? I'm a smart teenage boy. What could happen to me in a guild I created and choose who can join? It's basically just gonna be our friends anyway...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:16 pm
Chaos Sorcerer 92
You do know no ones gonna want to right? I'm a smart teenage boy. What could happen to me in a guild I created and choose who can join? It's basically just gonna be our friends anyway...

Dude ... you are so strange ... lol  

Lustful Intentions
Crew

wildfloweronfire
Crew

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:03 pm
HEY guys...I'm gunna post til I get my damn 100 gold back ...bumpity bump bump...hahaha thats fun  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:06 pm
My stage name is Aretha
I am turning 17 very soon
I go to school in bport
my nick name is valley gurl  

wildfloweronfire
Crew

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250

wildfloweronfire
Crew

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 pm
Rob is your avi going for the hot dark under lord kind of look? If so it's working  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:12 pm
OH YEAH...I forgot to say that I created this account because 2 of my best friends badgered me until I got an account  

wildfloweronfire
Crew

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Chaos Sorcerer 92
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:51 pm
I think I can guess who those two friends are *stares pointedly at heartless.* Oh and btw about the entry fee, I didn't want to have to donate all my money so we could make new subforums...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 am
Love your quote Rob. xD
my many aliases include (but are not limited to) Fitswilliam Darcy, Captain Frederick Wentworth, and William Stryphr.
I'm finally freakin 17! I can now buy M rated games legally! Wait......I did that before I was 17...Dang, being 17 sucks.
I go to the school there, and yes it does suck. It's a freakin public school. They forced me to read the Great Gatsby and House on Mango Street. I am scarred for life.
Not only do I go to the school, but I live very close by to Main Street. The only thing we have going for us is bowling and I'm too lazy to walk up there. This town sucks for things to do on weekends with friends. Ugh.
Rant over.  

William_Stryphr

William_Stryphr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:21 am
Oh, and I got started because Heartless forced me to get an account back when she was WildCoyote7 or whatever it was. You know, 2 years ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 am
Hey! Brockport is not that bad. It at least has stuff. What does hamlin have besides kronys?And what is wrong with a public school?!  

Chaos Sorcerer 92
Captain

William_Stryphr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 am
O.o wow. There is nothing in Hamlin, I'll give you that point. and in case you haven't noticed, theres way too much drama and other crap that goes around public schools. Add to the fact that all the cirriculum is based on the majority, like grant halupco who will only get anywhere based on bribes, rather than the minority of genuinely intelligent people. Sure, theres a few AP and college courses, but nothing really that good. Theres the generic courses, and then the advanced courses of basically the same thing. The stuff you learn in an advanced class is generally the same, maybe a little more. You just learn it mostly on your own and at a breakneck pace. our language choices suck too, as do most of our gym choices and field trips. Kids like McClosky basically do nothing all year. He audits most of his classes cause he's never there, and hes usually a few units ahead of the students that have been in class everyday and actually get the stuff. he needs to be shipped off to college, not be forced to stay in a public high school that severely limits him. For petes sake, the kid writes programming for PSP software in his free time. see what I mean? Mango Street was right. Public schools pretty much for people who'll get nowhere in life. There may be a few who make it, but the majority just end up doing grunt work, flipping burgers, being assistants and doing low salary work. Show me a class of high school graduates from at the most 20 years ago from California or New York where over 85% of the class went on to college and went past that to do $350 grand or higher paying salary jobs. Do that sucessfully and I will change my point of view.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:25 pm
Show me where the majority of the United States population goes to the private schools. If a kid like Justin really wants to go somewhere where he'll be challenged, then send him, there is nothing stopping him. Plus, passing high school means sticking with it even if you already know the topic. If you can afford to go to a private school, then do it, but if you haven't noticed, most people like being in a public school or can't afford it. I personally dissagree with the thinking private school will promote you getting a better job, it depends on the person. You are looking at the people who go to the public and private schools, not the system themselves. People who go to private schools usually go to get ahead in life if they can afford it, but yes the average working population will go to high school to get their degrees because practically everywhere requires a high school diploma nowdays.  

Chaos Sorcerer 92
Captain

William_Stryphr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:38 pm
And if you want to make more than $150K a year you need a college education now. Bachelors, they're counting less on associates. Cali and NY are pretty much the best high school education. We are the only 2 states with the Regents system. Private schools are usually better off. Not only that but private schools can get away with a lot more.  
The Brockport Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff