"Symphony of a New Era" -- Final Fantasy d20 RP guild --

Back to Guilds

Reply "Symphony of a New Era" -- Final Fantasy d20 RP guild --
Teach me mogster! (Fighting lesson 1) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Dythnix rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 4 Total: 22 (3-30)

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:58 pm
((This is our practice fight this week.))

Mogster: Alright, say you and your friends run into a bit of trouble, kupo.... you'll probably wanna start swinging your sword at them right away, but that's not exactly a good strategy... and you'll miss out on half the fun. Instead, watch this fight between a few unlikely allies, and some town security kupo. Then you'll get an idea of a proper fight.

Our three heros are zipping down an abandoned railroad in the middle of the night, each with his/her own motorcycle, a large glowing city all around them (picture zanarkand-ish type city). Eventually, they catch up to a train ahead of them, and all four leap upwards, leaving their bikes behind. Landing on the last car flawlessly, they look at each other, and nod in unison. A flash of light whizzes by as two guards come charging toward them, guns blazing. Each one draws their respective weapon and readies for battle. ((So I may have borrowed this idea from 3 seperate final fantasies.... lol, at least we know it's a tried and true story starter.))

Enemies: 4 waves;
Wave 1: 2 Security trainees
Wave 2: 2 Lupines 2 trainees
Wave 3: 6 Security trainees and 2 Lupines
Wave 4: {Special}

Roll for initiatives please.
(Rolling for my character now, as well as the 2 guards. Mine is dice 1)

((OOC: Just for fun, here's a song I think suits the battle we're doing well. For maximum effect, play while typing your post. xd
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps2 {I tried to get closer, but it won't let you, so just pick A-F, then scroll to final fantasy X, and pick any of the "Hurry!" songs. I personally prefer 3 xd }))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:44 am
ninja  

Dythnix
Crew

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:10 am
Keep going? I need you to do this to help me learn. :/  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:25 pm
NeoTsure
Keep going? I need you to do this to help me learn. :/
I will, I was intending all of us play out the tutorial, so we get the hang of it.
Go ahead and roll for your initiative.  

Dythnix
Crew

XenjinHattori rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:32 am
...Heh.

I don't know what to do from here. What do I have on me?  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:16 pm
Have you made a character?
If not you'll need to do that first lol. Once you have, post it in any approprite thread in the guild so I can reference it.
To begin making a character (A large endeavor just fyi) you should look up the core rules at returner games (Third edition). Just go to the temprything thread and go to Hlyn's first post (which is THE first post lol) and click on the link. Once you've finished we'll begin combat training.  

Dythnix
Crew

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:07 pm
((Failed preparedness, probably worth a -1000 on the roll...))  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:38 pm
lol, I haven't considered the RP begun yet... so I won't be handing out penalties for such things yet xp . Besides, i'm not very strict, and probably wouldn't hand out penalties due to failed memory or underpreparedness. ((I doubt being undreprepared is going to be a problem anyways, as everything here is posted and kept here for you, all you'd need is a keyboard lol))  

Dythnix
Crew

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 pm
I'm creating a character as we type... No, really. This is -not- as easy as it looks. Can you offer a bit of advice?  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:13 pm
Well the thing about character generation is that it offers FULL customization to you. The rules are to keep you from being OP, without impeding the path you want your character to follow.
So, if you need a start point... Type out a small description of your character here. Nothing fancy.... a sentence or two should suffice. Just a real breif description on his personality, rough age group, and job.  

Dythnix
Crew

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:21 pm
Name: Aerin Gaalfe
Race: Human
Appearance: At a diminutive 5 feet 7 inches, Aerin is a human with brown hair and dazzling green eyes. He's certainly not overweight, but not particularly muscular either. He never stands at his full height, choosing instead to be more lithe than show how short he really is.
Birthday: October 7th
Job: Monk (I think it's most suiting).  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:30 pm
And based on this, we can fully flesh out your character.
But stats are only half the process. The other half is history and personality (Which can take alot less time than the stat generation)
So start by fleshing out that a bit. Tell me, is he a womaniser? Is he competative? Maybe he's vain?
And his past, any traumatic events? Did he live with a well funded rich family? or poor? or perhaps in between?
Just anwer these kinds of questions and you'll have your personality fleshed out in no time. After that we can crunch numbers, and decide on stats. I say do history and personality first because this will likely affect your stats too. If you grew up rich you'd probably know how to do more of the finer things in life, like etiquette, than if you grew up poor. So you'd probably put more points in civilized skills like acting and trade. You see where I'm going with this?
Anyways, it also doesn't need to be very long... and you can always change things early on if it doesn't feel right.  

Dythnix
Crew

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:43 pm
Dythnix
But stats are only half the process. The other half is history and personality (Which can take alot less time than the stat generation)
So start by fleshing out that a bit. Tell me, is he a womaniser? Is he competative? Maybe he's vain?
And his past, any traumatic events? Did he live with a well funded rich family? or poor? or perhaps in between?
Just anwer these kinds of questions and you'll have your personality fleshed out in no time. After that we can crunch numbers, and decide on stats. I say do history and personality first because this will likely affect your stats too. If you grew up rich you'd probably know how to do more of the finer things in life, like etiquette, than if you grew up poor. So you'd probably put more points in civilized skills like acting and trade. You see where I'm going with this?
Anyways, it also doesn't need to be very long... and you can always change things early on if it doesn't feel right.
Also, if you wanted, you could start with your stats, and build your history and personality on that, either way is fine. I just do history and stuff first personally. Both methods are just fine.
Just lemme know how you wanna go about this & i'll help you from there.
Generating a character can take a good hour or two of free time to make if you concentrate. So if you need to, think over this stuff for a few days, and maybe it'll all come together for you.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:58 pm
Dythnix
Dythnix
Also, if you wanted, you could start with your stats, and build your history and personality on that, either way is fine. I just do history and stuff first personally. Both methods are just fine.
Just lemme know how you wanna go about this & i'll help you from there.
Generating a character can take a good hour or two of free time to make if you concentrate. So if you need to, think over this stuff for a few days, and maybe it'll all come together for you.
{{lol triple post}}
Anyways, let's move this conversation to the 'Temprything' thread, so we don't fill mogster's thread with character creation posts.
Actually, i'll tell ya what... I'll make ANOTHER thread about this, and we'll build your character in there. And we can use it as a reference area for new people to see how to build a character.  

Dythnix
Crew

"Symphony of a New Era" -- Final Fantasy d20 RP guild --

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas