Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Reader's Guild

Back to Guilds

Are you a book lover or aspiring writer, join us. 

Tags: book, read, writer, authors, fanfiction 

Reply The Reader's Guild Main Forum
Random Book Related Questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GeekWhistle

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:03 pm
Ever smell the binding glue in a book? Don't it smell kinda good?

What do you do when you have too many books to keep them in your bookshelf or if you just don't have a book shelf?

Favorite books?

If people tick you off while you're reading would you beat them with that book in your hand?

Manga anyone?

Favorite bookstore?

In a house fire which do you save (assuming you could save them and still live): Your clothes, your money, that pretty painting on the wall, a phone, or your books?

If someone threw away your books would you be furious with them?

Answer the questions people!  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:10 pm
Here I'll answer them too:

Of course I smell the binding glue and I love the way it smells!

What do you do when you have too many books to keep them in your bookshelf or if you just don't have a book shelf?

I stack them in my closet - after I move everything out including my clothes.

Favorite books?

Inkheart, Eragon, Looking Glass Wars, Twilight (I know, but I love it. smile )

If people tick you off while you're reading would you beat them with that book in your hand?

Yes I would! I have done that before actually. It was my friend though. We hit each other all the time.

Manga anyone?

YES!! I loves Bleach and Naruto and Tegami Bachi and Vampire Knight and Full Metal Alchemist and Alice 19th and Black Cat and Tsubasa and pretty much any manga you happen to hand me biggrin

Favorite bookstore?

Borders! Because it's the only one near my house!

In a house fire which do you save (assuming you could save them and still live): Your clothes, your money, that pretty painting on the wall, a phone, or your books?

My books!! Because I love them soo much. and besides my cell phone and my money are always in my pockets and would already be safe anyways. And I'd being wearing clothes so no crisis there!

Yes I would! I'd kill them! Okay not really but I might disown them....  

GeekWhistle

QueenShebaVIII

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:32 am
NaniNani073

Favorite books?

Manga anyone?

Favorite bookstore?

No, it smells kind of icky. O_o

I just leave them on the floor or table, or give some to my little sister. I have a box as well next to my bookshelf for the books I don't like too much. xP

Ugh, too many to list here!

Nah. Once a guy yanked my book out of my hand for no reason and I kicked him in the shin really hard THEN got my book. smile

No, sorry.

I guess Waterstone's, or I buy them on Amazon.

My books and money, of course. ^_^ A few items of clothing so I'm not naked obviously...

Oh, I'd kill them!!!! twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 pm
NaniNani073
I like the new book smell.

I have a bookshelf & books are piling up on top of it, they don't fit anymore, lol , my closet is beginning to get books in it too.

Favorite books?
hard to choose, so many..

Depends on the book, of course. I would probably choose something else to throw at them, yell to go away, lol, or stare daggers until they leave, those are usually when they bother me when Im reading like THE BEST part of a book, lol.

Manga anyone?
Yea, though none right now.

Favorite bookstore?
Borders & Amazon, cause amazon's online and borders's the nearest one to where I live.

my books of course!! (although i dunno which ones id take, pretty sure i wouldnt be able to get them all out, lol

Its happened before & I threw a fit, LOL. the worst was when i lent a book, and the person left it out on the rain , i went crzy, lol

Artemis Gly
Captain

I-Sissy-I

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:53 pm
i like the new book smell
i put them on my mom's bookshelf
Favorite books?
City of Bones
all the time
Manga anyone?
sometimes
Favorite bookstore?
Barnes and Nobel
My books heart
very much

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:04 pm
NaniNani073

Favorite books?

Manga anyone?

Favorite bookstore?

God yes, I love the smell of books.

I just make makeshift shelves until I ca get some or find a nice place to hide them away. I'm a neat freak.

Favorite books? That's an unfair question dammit! It would take forever to list them all but for short I like Abarat, The thief of always, Harry Potter,Artemis Fowl, etc.

No I don't risk damaging my book, a well aimed glare (or kick if needed) fixes the problem just as good.

Hell yes, I read manga, I don't even acually like anime.

Powells, Powells, Powells, God that bookstore is holy. I need to go to Portland again just to be in that amazing place again.

Um, my writing book I geuss so that would probably count as a book, yes?

Yeah, I never throw away books, I sell them to used bookstores so that they can contiue to bring joy to other people NEVER waste a book, dog earing is the devil.  

polaroid-pinup

Cymbamehbeep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:15 am

That's what I do everytime! especially when it was newly bought! smile

I would get myself a new one.
Favorite books?

I dont have a favorite! i read too many good books

[b]If people tick you off while you're reading would you beat them with that book in your hand?

No, not really. I just leave them alone and continue reading

Manga anyone?

Yup! I read them online (well mostly)

Favorite bookstore?

Barnes and Nobles

Money and the books as much as i can

Yup!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 am
Quote:

I love that new book smell. Heck, I love the smell of old books, too.

Quote:

If I have no more room then I usually keep them strewn about my floor or other furniture. It's not a very good habit.

Quote:
Favorite books?

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, and Coraline by Neil Gaiman.

Quote:

Of course not. Why punish the innocent book?

Quote:
Manga anyone?

Yes, please!

Quote:
Favorite bookstore?

My local used book store.

Quote:

My phone so I can call the fire department. Sure, I love my books, but I'm not crazy!

Quote:

I'd be increibly furious.  

Rei Uchikino

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:27 am
NaniNani073
Most old books smell good, some new ones too, but then there's some that smell disgusting.

keep them in a pile somewhere. or I go through them and see if there's any books that I don't really like/was good but I wouldn't re-read, and give them away or sell them.

Favorite books?
Ugh list is to long. The vampire diaries would probably be my fave series

nah, a kick, verbal abuse, or just ignore them.

Manga anyone?
No sorry, not really into it

Favorite bookstore?
www.bookdepository.co.uk, because I can get the books I want from the comfort of my house. And the closet bookstore is like almost 1 hour away from me

Grab a bag or pillow case and stuff whatever I can get

God give mercy to anyone that wants to try.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:59 am
Yes
My books are overflowing from my bookshelf, and this is after I give some of to my friends and family to read. the rest I just sit around the house on tables and such.
Favorite books?
Anything by Amanda Scott and J.R.R. Tolkien and most of Phillippa Gregory's books. I do like some scifi - Star Wars and Star Trek.
No, but it is tempting.
Manga anyone?
No
Favorite bookstore?
Barnes and Noble
I always keep a bag around with the current book I'm reading and a my journal. So I would grab that, my purse, son and cat.
You have no idea.  

Underworld Priestess

The Reader's Guild Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces