Reply Chatterbox
Opinion wanted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiamara1

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:36 pm
I am new to the anime/manga world and my 3 favoirtes so far are yu yu hakusho, inuyasha, and bleach. I would like to know what to read/watch next. I like action and butt kicking in general, so anything in that realm would be appreciated .  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:25 am
lol,

Naruto?

Um........................................................................................
Big O!
Gundam Wing

dang, what else...

well that's all I got...  

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kiamara1

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:21 pm
Thanks, Naruto seems to be pretty popular so I think I will try that next.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:26 pm
I second Naruto. The fans kept me from reading it for way too long, but once I started reading the manga, it wasn't bad at all (okay, except for the arcs centered in Sas-uke.)

Gundam, I'd rec anything but Wings. It's the lesser of the shows (okay, not counting Seed. What the f'k was that thing about?)

As for not-so-well-known still excellent manga/anime...

- Rosario+Vampire. It's heavily loaded with ecchi (at least the manga) but the a**-kicking Inner Moka delivers in almost every episode more than makes up for it all. Later on the cast is basically a harem of a**-kicking girls you wouldn't want to piss off (and they even show in one episode that they can kick a** while turned into little girls.)

- History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. This one is focused in martial arts, and it does a very good job at showing awesome battles. The siding of ecchi isn't really needed, but still welcome IMO. Basic plot: Kid wants to learn how to fight after being bullied all of his life. Kid learns how to fight by going to a dojo where those who "have surpassed the limits of their martial arts" live and train. Kid almost gets killed one too many times to count... While training at that dojo. Add some gang of teen criminals here, crazy fighters there, and a criminal organization that's got superhuman members as their grunts and you've got quite a lot of action to enjoy.

- Mahou Sensei Negima/Magister Magi Negi. Yes, it's a story about a mage kid teaching in an all-girls school. That makes you think it's going to be another stupid harem story... Until Negi starts training to fight melee, and ultimately becomes someone who could down a spaceship barehanded (magic power Harry Potter wouldn't dream of + fighting skills that would send Akuuma running for his mommy = pain.)

However, I do not rec Negima Neo. It's a stupid, rushed retelling of Negima focusing in the ecchi and screwing with the plot of the 'real' Negima in ways I don't find amusing at all. It's like those bad spin-off mangas of Evangelion.

- Beat X/B't X. Not only does this one have good battles, but a well-thought plot. Basically, an empire of hi-tech warriors, controlled by an immortal emperor, is making the final move to take over the Earth, and the only thing that can stop them is a kid who can kinda fight, and a cybernetic Pegasus who was thought killed a decade earlier.

- Princess Resurrection. Fights between vampires and other things, as seen from the POV of a ghoul who was formerly a teenage kid with no skills at all in anything. His master is a super demon with a wicked personality.  

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kiamara1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 pm
Friend pushing me in to watch tenchi muyo. What's you opinion on that one? We try to have anime watching parties. Only problem is that you can only watch so much before crashing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:38 am
Tenchi is a great anime. One of my favorites as a child(of course, I didn't understand all the sexual comments, so it must be even better now!).  

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

zeithalter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:02 pm
Lets see anime with butt kicking...well ah my goddess has butt kicking though it's mostly a love story, then there's bubblegum crisis which is almost entirely about butt kicking, cowboy bebop also has its fair share of action, dominion tank police is short and has some action, escaflowne has action at least every couple of episodes, full metal panic is a good mecha anime with action, Gad guard isn't so much a mecha anime as it is a giant robot anime and it has some good action as well, goast in the shell has plenty of butt kicking and is one of my personal favorites, kiddy grade was one that I also liked and has a good amount of action, and my-hime is a highschool sci fi action. I know a ton more if you want, but i'll stop there for now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:23 pm
Whoo, suggestions. I'll try not to suggest anything that anyone has.

Rurouni Kenshin - Sword fights, history, good storylines, likeable characters - all set in Meiji Era Japan. It delivers action and some history lessons at the same time. d:

Full Metal Alchemist - I'm surprised no one has suggested this one already. Action doesn't completely dominate it, but it makes up for a lot of the anime. The art is nice and I love the soundtrack too. Plus, it's rather philosophical if you think about it.

Samurai Champloo - There's action, fights, and the animation is fluid. It's also really, really kickass. It's not the conventional fight-power-up-fight kind of plot line, and it has an actualy nicely developed story. It's worth a watch. :]

Saint Seiya - Okay, so it isn't the best - the animation isn't perfect and it comes from the time before cell shading. It's very old school and it screws up Greek mythology rather well while it's at it. But it's an old favorite of mine, so I have to recommend it. It's got a lot of action, a mythological twist, interesting arcs, and the art and story does get progressively better, especially when you reach the Hades Arc. So try it out, you might like it. ;]

Lady Wolfsbane

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:31 pm
I've been into Reborn! lately and it's very funny and it has at least some form of action in it.
I also read Eureka Seven and I loved it. The story is complex yet easy to follow, and it's also a love story! Go figure.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:33 am
Thanks got your suggestions saved and I will be looking into them. It may take a while cause work is beginning to pick up for the holiday season and I will not be on the computer much, other than to get my daily prizes.  

Kiamara1

zeithalter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 pm
Kiamara1
Thanks got your suggestions saved and I will be looking into them. It may take a while cause work is beginning to pick up for the holiday season and I will not be on the computer much, other than to get my daily prizes.

Take your time with them. You have all the time in the world.  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games