Welcome to Gaia! ::

.: Epic :.

Back to Guilds

For writers of all ages and skill levels to create art with words and read others' work. Share your words with Gaia! 

Tags: Writing, Literature, Stories, Epic, Poetry 

Reply .: General Discussion :.
Frequently Asked Questions Board

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rottenlust

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:07 pm
I have a few questions that I couldn't really figure out while I was browsing through the forums, and I was thinking that maybe someone should make a board dedicated to answering little odd and end things. So, my first question, how does one become a crew member? And my second, what's the difference between one shot and short story?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:07 pm
Good idea for the FaQ topic, I'll probably make an official one later. ^^

Who becomes a crew member is based on a lot of things: how long they've been in the guild, their overall attitude, manners, and grammar, and contributions to the guild, among other things. By contributions I don't mean donations as much as I mean things like posting up stories, making guides, etc.

A one-shot is a one-chapter story that is usually under a certain amount of words, usually, say, under six- or seven-thousand. Not that these guidelines are set in stone, but that's just how most are. Many one-shots are written about things like relationships, whether it be family fluff, romance between two(or more >.>; wink characters, or full-out smut(which is NOT allowed here in the guild. Or on Gaia, for that matter.)

A short story usually has under, maybe a dozen chapters and spans over a longer period of time than a one-shot. These can be a small adventure, relationships between characters, or a wide variety of other things. Again, not set in stone. Feel free to define these however you like.

Athnai
Captain

.: General Discussion :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces