Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Under the Stars

Back to Guilds

A guild based off of Erin Hunter's series, 'Warriors'. Contains roleplay and chat. 

Tags: Warriors, Cats, Erin Hunter, Roleplay, Warriorcats 

Reply Information Forum
Ceremonies and Naming Rules

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teh Kk Chan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 pm
Ceremonies/Gatherings: (For questions or comments, please send me a PM. smile )

Naming:
When it is time for an Kit or Apprentice to become the next rank, the clan holds a small naming ceremony. The Leader will call to their clan, and they will gather around, with the said cat(s) to be named up infront, along with the Deputy and Medicine cat. The leader will give the cat his/her new name and the cat is to touch noses with the leader, then after the congradulatory praises, the cat is to sit Vigil for the night. He/She has to stay awake to watch for signs of danger and can not speak till He/She is releaved the next morning.

Highstone/Moonrock/Cave:
The Moonrock is a stone inside a cave that the Medicine cats go to see once every couple of Moons. Only Medicine cats and their appretices make this long journey to speak with StarClan. This is where they go to learn about any phrophacies or predictions.

Gathering at Four Trees:
The Four Trees is a group of well - four trees - that surround a large boulder. The Gathering at Four Trees is where all 4 Cat clans meet beneath StarClan to discuss whats going on in their territory, possible threats, share predictions/prophacies, and to name new Apprentices/Warriors/Medicine Cats/Deputys/and on occasion leaders. Each Cat clan leader stands upon the large boulder, and adresses cats of all clans.

-----------

Ceremony Words:

- Apprentice to Warrior -
Leader: Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath Highrock for a Clan meeting! I call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. He/she has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn. (Apprentice Name), do you promise to follow the warrior code and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?
Apprentice: I do.
Leader: Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior name. (Apprentice Name), from this day forth you will be known as (New Warrior Name). (Clan Name) welcomes you as a full warrior.

Apprentice/Mentor Ceremony
Leader: I call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this kit. He/she would like to become a warrior of (Clan Name), but must first become an apprentice. (kit name), from this day forth, until you have earned your warrior name, you will be known as (Apprentice Name). (Warrior to be Mentor) will mentor you.
*The clan usually commences into cheering of the new name and congratulates the apprentice.*

Name Change Ceremony
Leader: Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he/she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment she/he will be known as (New Name).
*The clan usually commences into cheering of the new name. The cat will need to stand silent vigil for the night and guard the camp.

Deputy Ceremony
Leader: I say these words before the body of (former Deputy), so that his/her spirit may hear and approve my choice. (New deputy name) will be the new deputy of (Clan).
*The clan usually commences into cheering.

Dying Apprentice Ceremony
Leader: I ask my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. He/she has learned the warrior code and has given up his/her life in the service of his/her Clan. Let StarClan receive him/her as a warrior. He/she will be known as (Warrior Name).

Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony:
(In the Moonpool/stone at half-moon, the medicine cat gives ceremony)
MedCat: "(Apprentice Med Cat), is it your wish to enter the mysteries of a medicine cat?"
Apprentice: "It is."
MedCat: "Then come forward. Warriors of StarClan, I present to you this apprentice. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight, so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will. Now, crouch down and drink from the pool."
*Apprentice obeys, and has her own dreams with StarClan.*

Medicine Cat Ceremony:
(at Moonpool/stone at half-moon, medicine cat gives ceremony)
MedCat:"I, (Medcat Name), medicine cat of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the way of a medicine cat, and with your help, she will serve her Clan for many moons. (Apprentice Name), do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"
Apprentice: "I do."
MedCat: "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your true medicine cat name. (Apprentice Name), from this moment on, you shall be known as (New Medcat name). You have proved to be a true medicine cat by finding the Moonpool."
*All medicine cats call new name.*

Elder Ceremony:
Leader:"(Warrior Name), Is it your wish to give up the name of warrior and go to join the elders?"
Warrior: "It is."
Leader:"Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given us. I call upon StarClan to give you many seasons of rest."
*Clan calls cat by name.*

Leader Ceremony
StarClan Cat 1: Welcome (_Name of Warrior to be leader_). Are you ready to recieve your nine lives?
Warrior: Yes, I'm ready.
StarClan cat 2: With this life I give you courage. Use it well to defend your Clan in battle.
StarClan cat 3: With this life I give you justice. Use it well to judge your Clanmates fairly.
StarClan cat 4: With this life I give you loyalty. Use it well to what you know to be right.
StarClan cat 5: With this life I give you tireless energy. Use it well to serve your Clan to the utmost.
StarClan cat 6: With this life I give you the same desire to protect your Clan as a mother has to protect her kits. Use it well to defend your Clan.
StarClan cat 7: With this life I give you mentoring. Use it well to educate your apprentice(s) in the ways of the warriors.
StarClan cat 8: With this life I give you compassion. Use it well to be mindful of cats weaker than you.
StarClan cat 9: With this life I give you love. Use it well to indulge yourself in happiness.
StarClan cat 10: With this life I give you nobility, certainty, and faith. Use it well to lead your Clan in the way of the warrior code for all nine of your lives.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:59 pm
Cat Names:

For Newborns/kittens your cat has to have a name ending in kit - such as
Hollykit
Ebonykit

For Apprentices, your cat's name ends in Paw - such as
Hollypaw
Ebonypaw

For Warriors/Deputies/Medicine cats
your name ends in whatever the leader of your clan decides to end it with (If you have a suggestion you want, you can always PM the Cat Clan Leader and ask them to give you the desired name) - such as
Hollyberry
Ebonyfur
Talltail
Ravenclaw
So on..

Leader cats awlays end in Star - Such as
Hollystar
Ebonystar
Shadowstar
Nightstar
So on..

Exception to the rules are Rogue cats, they can be named whatever the RP'er decides - unless they wish to join the clan, then their name has to follow the naming rules - Their name is then decided by the cat clan leader.

Teh Kk Chan
Captain

Information Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces