Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Survivalists ~A Zombie Horror RP~

Back to Guilds

The Zombie Apocalypse has happened... Are you a survivor? 

Tags: Zombie, Horror, Role-Play, Action, Undead 

Reply The Safe-House (OOC)
Zombies or Zoombies? Discuss!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
  Zombie
  Zoombie
  I like puppies! Why can't we have a puppy option?!
View Results

Akari Tsuki
Captain

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:26 pm
Which type of Zombie do you prefer? The slow but inevitable approach of a shuffling Zombie, it's moans driving you near to madness? Or perhaps the Zoombie's that sprint at stunning speeds with tell-tale snarls and growls?

Zombies or Zoombies? Tell us which you prefer and why!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:01 pm
The ones without heads.....

But when I hear eerie moaning I really get paranoid and my adrenaline goes up and then I have to pee...

I'd rather hear them scream like one of those eagle screeches or something like that. Like the ones in L4D1+2 after you activate something that is loud. The screaming makes me know where they are and that they are coming so I preferably choose the second choice.  

X-KearoNasanam-X

Survivor

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:27 am
I prefer the shambling zombie over the sprinting zombie. I suppose it's because the sprinting zombie seems unrealistic. I mean, it makes sense in 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Left 4 Dead, and Left 4 Dead 2. Those zombies aren't actually dead. They're just sick. They're frightening, but they're also easy to kill. The zombies in the remake of Dawn of the Dead, on the other hand, are dead. There's no reason for them to be moving as quickly as they do.

First of all, rigor mortis sets in about 3 hours after death, reaches maximum stiffness about 12 hours after death, and gradually dissipates until about 72 hours after death. That means that zombies should only be able to move quickly immediately after death. After that, rigor mortis sets in, and by the time it dissipates, the body will have begun to decay, making fluidity of motion an impossibility. Secondly, muscles stop repairing themselves after death. That means that every time a zombie exerts itself, its muscles are damaged and their effectiveness is reduced. Lastly, the heart stops beating after death. That means that the blood is no longer flowing and the brain is no longer receiving the oxygen it needs from the body. This causes massive brain damage, making it impossible for a zombie to be able to run, jump, climb or quickly change direction. Unless the thing that animates the zombie can compensate for these problems, the sprinting zombie is just impossible.

That being said, I've never thought that the shambling zombie's slow speed makes it any less frightening. It's really not the speed with which they pursue you that scares me. It's the tenacity. They will never, ever stop, not until you kill them or they kill you.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:22 pm
There's another type of zombies we've forgotten: zombies that cannot be deactivated short of complete destruction, such as the ones in Dan O'Bannon's Return of the Living Dead series and Peter Jackson's Braindead.

They're entirely unrealistic, but if there were any way they could ever exist... God, how frightening they'd be.  

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

kivs19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:16 pm
Zombies easy to kill and i dont want to run for my live  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:58 pm
Zombie hands down. Zoombies would spell doom for the human race. Since they can sprint indefinitely they would quickly take down any human on foot.
With the Dawn of the Dead classic shuffling zombie all you have to fear is a mob of them surrounding you. Even then simply shoving your way past them is often enough to get past since they have slow reaction time and will just shuffle around trying to get to you. At a brisk walk you could outpace the entire mob and duck behind some cover once they were out of sight and be fine as they walked by. Zoombies would simply run you down and eat your brain.  

Bound Undeath

Jordon352

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:23 am
Actually i thinki some variaty would be nice i find the slow stiff shuffling zombies boring i mean they are hardly a challenge though harder to kill.

zoombies on the other hand provide a challenge They are quick and well while easy to kill provides more danger for the survivors attempting to escape while gunning them down.

with zombies the survivors could just walk backwards and blow their heads off.but with zoombies the survivors would have to run like hell to get away and shoot them.  
The Safe-House (OOC)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games