3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:35 pm
lol

I am totally serious too

I'll do it. It may be years from now, but it's happening.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:37 pm
No really, do it. The other day I was wondering "what if someone combined early Siouxsie & The Banshees tribal instrumentals with acid rock?" so this would be a great way to find out how.

Or get off my a** and dig for a band along the lines of that description. sweatdrop  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:44 pm
Alien Hex Fiend
No really, do it. The other day I was wondering "what if someone combined early Siouxsie & The Banshees tribal instrumentals with acid rock?" so this would be a great way to find out how.

Or get off my a** and dig for a band along the lines of that description. sweatdrop

I haven't found much

There is a band from germany called Phase that claims to play psychedelic deathrock but it looks like an ordinary deathrock or maybe a psychobilly group. Idk, I haven't listened yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:48 pm
Listen to a lot of Red Temple Spirits and Mephisto Walz for Psychedelic influences.

A friend and I have a project going right now, it's post-punk but since we use a computerized drum program we sound like the Sisters of Mercy, though we may experiment with Trip Hop and start an Anarcho-Deathrock (like Rudi Peni or TSOL) influenced band on the side.  

Good Heroine
Crew

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:26 am
sounds cool

I was listening to the band Love (specifically the song Red Phone) and I just realized that that kind of psychedelic rock is dead now and I'd really like to see how I could work with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:49 pm
It'll probably just come out sounding like shoegaze.

Edit: Not saying don't do it, at all. Go for it. I doubt it's a new concept, but I doubt it's a concept that's been done much. It will come out as shoegaze, but it will be seperate from the other generic shoegaze bands that are just always ripping the same two bands (just like deathrock. dramallama ). Maybe you'll create the next movement in shoegaze, or even revive deathrock and inspire deathrockers to stop ******** suck Rozz and Lucas d**k and do something original.  

Marximum Philocity

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:49 pm
I dislike shoegaze but I can see how you'd see that lol  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:37 pm
xChrisThePanda
I dislike shoegaze
What kind of monster..!?!?! gonk  

Marximum Philocity

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:28 am
roy division
xChrisThePanda
I dislike shoegaze
What kind of monster..!?!?! gonk

lol I get that quite a bit

I like The xx but that's pretty much it, I haven't been exposed to too much but it just seems TOO chilled out.

Also I just read the rest of the original comment you left lol I more suck Peter Murphy's d**k than Rozz. Most of my conceptual stuff I try to make original though because there are WAY too many cookie-cutter groups now (case in point: Tragic Black, Eat Your Make-up, etc.). I usually toy with a sound like delta-blues/post-punk/deathrock/hardcore punk. But since I have NO drive or ambition nor the time involved to do a band it's 95% in my head lol. One day I'll do a band but I'll probably in college...maybe after. idk  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:28 pm
The xx aren't even really shoegaze. They're more along the lines of minimalist guitar pop wankery.

Also shoegaze is hardly chill, you're thinking more along the lines of dreampop. A lot of shoegaze bands aren't really energetic, but they have lots of forward motion in their music. At least in modern times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFa4a56j52o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=005tan4zwag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3iJNzoqf3A  

Marximum Philocity

Deathrock

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out