RIP Rowland S. Howard Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:32 am
cry

http://nickcavefixes.wordpress.com/2009/12/30/rowland-s-howard-loses-battle-with-cancer/  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:15 am
Heard about it early early this morning, long before Morgan put it up on her blog. My friends and I are devastated. Rowland meant a ton to me, and I'm sad to see him go but he was ill for a long time and it's not much of a shock.  

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:09 pm
Awww. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:55 am
crying  

Deathrocker P I

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:58 pm
The goth communities world wide are weeping crying  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:32 pm
xChrisThePanda

As they should be.  

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 pm
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda

As they should be.

I know I was when I read about it...I mean I know he had cancer for a long time but still. I'm never too sad about people dying especially if I don't know them personally but that was sad.

I always thought it was cool how he kept performing despite his condition for so long.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:28 pm
xChrisThePanda
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda

As they should be.

I know I was when I read about it...I mean I know he had cancer for a long time but still. I'm never too sad about people dying especially if I don't know them personally but that was sad.

I always thought it was cool how he kept performing despite his condition for so long.

He kept such a positive attitude too, listening to bootlegs you get much more of an idea of who he was, his personality, his sense of humor. Lots of audience interaction. Joking with them, teasing them, etc.  

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:30 pm
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda

As they should be.

He kept such a positive attitude too, listening to bootlegs you get much more of an idea of who he was, his personality, his sense of humor. Lots of audience interaction. Joking with them, teasing them, etc.

I believe it He was such a cool dude...For me this was more sad than when Lux Interior died. tbqh  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:54 pm
xChrisThePanda
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda

As they should be.

I believe it He was such a cool dude...For me this was more sad than when Lux Interior died. tbqh

Lux hit me pretty hard but the depth of my love for Rowland's work made this much much worse.

Most everything he did (still not used to using past tense) I absolutely love, save for one or two times when he guested on other people's work that haven't been real great.

I've gotten so much out of his work and his collaborations - even exploring his influences has turned me on to so much good music.  

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Shadowolf

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:03 pm
So sad, seriously crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:30 pm
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda
Edi Nippoli
xChrisThePanda

As they should be.

Lux hit me pretty hard but the depth of my love for Rowland's work made this much much worse.

Most everything he did (still not used to using past tense) I absolutely love, save for one or two times when he guested on other people's work that haven't been real great.

I've gotten so much out of his work and his collaborations - even exploring his influences has turned me on to so much good music.

Losing Rowland is honestly like losing Peter Murphy or David Bowie for me. Shiver is still one of the best songs of all time in my opinon

Also, I have no clue how or if it's even possible but we should try to add him here:

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/year-in-review-in-memoriam-5251.gallery?GT1=28134

Especially since surprisingly Lux Interior is number 40 (I was surprised by that)  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Spoopy-bat

O.G. Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:39 pm
I cried a bit when I found out  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm
Katacomb Kitten

I've been crying off and on since I first got the news. It's let up a bit now but I'm still unbelievably sad.

I've got the wake/funeral info from Harry, but I don't know if any of you guys in here are Australian and would be able to attend (Being American and on the other side of the world, I'm one of those who won't be attending :/ )

I suppose it doesn't hurt to go ahead and post it even just as extra info/an update on things. (I've done my best to get the word out there along with my friends. Hell we already run his fansite.)

Quote:

Service and Wake info

Thursday, 7 January 2009
Everything will be open to the public.

Service starts at 3.00pm
Wake starts at 5.00pm

Service:
The Sacred Heart Mission
87 Grey Street
St Kilda VIC 3182, Australia
(03) 9537 1166

Wake:
St Kilda Bowling Club
66 Fitzroy St
St Kilda VIC 3182, Australia
(03) 9537 0370

JP Shilo will perform “Sleep”, and the song “Autoluminescent” will be featured. Rowland’s sister, Angela Howard, will read the eulogy written by Angela, Genevieve McGuckin and Harry Howard.

Genevieve hopes to see a queue for Rowland down Grey Street.

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:32 pm
Katacomb Kitten

I don't really cry unless an animal or someone terribly close to me dies, but nonetheless this is sad.  
Deathrock

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff