Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mixed Martial Arts MMA Fanatics

Back to Guilds

This is for anyone who loves MMA 

Tags: Mixed, Martial, Arts, mma ufc, fight 

Reply Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)
who would win?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

well who would win?
  mui thai + bagua
  jui-jitsu +combat karate
View Results

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:01 pm
in a competition between bagua + mui thai v.s. jui-jitsu + karate(combat karate not the weak versions you see in most dojo's)

sry if i dont spell them correctly but im tired right now and im just postin this before bed  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am
ninninja8
in a competition between bagua + mui thai v.s. jui-jitsu + karate(combat karate not the weak versions you see in most dojo's)

sry if i dont spell them correctly but im tired right now and im just postin this before bed

does anyone actually use bagua as a foundation in mixed martial arts? i'd go with jiu-jitsu and karate.  

dat4letterword

baka_boy1221

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:30 am
dat4letterword
ninninja8

does anyone actually use bagua as a foundation in mixed martial arts? i'd go with jiu-jitsu and karate.

I'm with him ...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 pm
So your asking if two stand up martial arts, one of which I've never even heard of until now (whats mui thai??? wink ) can beat a stand-up martial art and grappling martial art. I don't even have to answer this  

redraptor06
Crew

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:37 pm
bagua and mui that together are a perfect combo man mui thai is more deadly than command sambo karate and jui-jitsu plus with the speed and precision of bagua man its ultimate combo combat karate is easy to read and jui-jitsu relies on grabing the oponent most of the time  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 pm
ninninja8
bagua and mui that together are a perfect combo man mui thai is more deadly than command sambo karate and jui-jitsu plus with the speed and precision of bagua man its ultimate combo combat karate is easy to read and jui-jitsu relies on grabing the oponent most of the time

What I would have put instead would be stuff that people know ... like a combination between muay thai/BJJ vs boxing/wrestling or karate/judo vs boxing/sambo... stuff that people know ... sure you can include the new or unknown stuff ... but that's what they are new and unknown ... how are people supposed to know what would happen if they have never seen it in action ...  

baka_boy1221

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:31 pm
baka_boy1221
ninninja8
bagua and mui thai together are a perfect combo man mui thai is more deadly than command sambo karate and jui-jitsu plus with the speed and precision of bagua man its ultimate combo combat karate is easy to read and jui-jitsu relies on grabing the oponent most of the time

What I would have put instead would be stuff that people know ... like a combination between muay thai/BJJ vs boxing/wrestling or karate/judo vs boxing/sambo... stuff that people know ... sure you can include the new or unknown stuff ... but that's what they are new and unknown ... how are people supposed to know what would happen if they have never seen it in action ...

but all the things i mentioned are common and not new mui thai is newwer than bagua and its pretty old mui boran is a hiden teaching only taught to select mui thai students only the ones that will carry on the dojo after the master is gone mui boran is the teachings of killing fists  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 am
shotokan karate with gracie jiu jitsu would be a killer combonation  

Evaded_Death

baka_boy1221

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:49 pm
ninninja8
baka_boy1221
ninninja8
bagua and mui thai together are a perfect combo man mui thai is more deadly than command sambo karate and jui-jitsu plus with the speed and precision of bagua man its ultimate combo combat karate is easy to read and jui-jitsu relies on grabing the oponent most of the time

but all the things i mentioned are common and not new mui thai is newwer than bagua and its pretty old mui boran is a hiden teaching only taught to select mui thai students only the ones that will carry on the dojo after the master is gone mui boran is the teachings of killing fists

If their so common why hasn't most of us heard of it ...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:42 pm
cause their mostly in underground fight arenas but their pretty common  

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

rockettemma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:26 am
huh ...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:55 pm
mui boran isnt as deadly as you think my friend is free style martial arts and he has beaten mui boran fighters of course my friend isnt a common fighter he is extremely quick and deadly accurate he uses a combination between capoeira and tae kwon do  

Evaded_Death

Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games