Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Safer Offers
A look inside the Crew Office. (Secret Threads Revealed!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The One Called Sketch
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 am
The following are excerpts from the Crew Only section of our Guild Boards. The purpose of this is to let you know what it is we're talking about with regards to the guild or Gaia Offers.

Any crew threads deemed "leak-worthy" will have their main highlights posted here.

An Inconvenient Truth 07/08/2009
IceColdHaterade
Alright folks. It's time for me to be very real with you.

It's been brought to my attention that we're not being very clear on our goals and that alot of things still seem very vague in that regard.

To me, personally, it means I'm not doing a good enough job in leveraging my experience for you guys.

More importantly, it's time to sit down as a committee, and talk about our goals and what we can realistically expect should we make any impact at all. And you may not like everything I'm about to say. But I do so because I respect you folks and think that you're mature enough people to understand what compromise is.

Having said that... let's begin:

Let me make this loud and clear.
Like it or not Gaia Offers, in one form or another, are here to stay. I'll repeat that because it bears so.
Like it or not Gaia Offers, in one form or another, are here to stay.

Now there are many factors and points of view on this. But if you trust me at all, you will heed those words and move on to being a bit more proactive about the caliber of offers being... erm... offered.

What I'm proposing be our official goal is simply this:

Clean up the offers. Use legit offers. Stop endangering users' personal information. Filter all offers for malware of any kind. And aim these new, safer offers at Gaia's core demographic.

We have to understand that as long as Gaia offers serve to both net extra income and make Gaia Cash available to international users, the offers are here to stay. And there's nothing we can do about that.

So a compromise like what I mentioned above is the only thing we can expect realistically. Expecting anything more than that makes us look weak as it will only show that we haven't examined the issue from their point of view before presenting ours in such numbers.

For those of you who still believe the offers should vanish altogether, you're entitled to your say. I may even, in a small sense, agree with you.

But consider this... Gaia doesn't have to listen to us at all if they so choose. We could just as easily be banned with little to no effort required. Which is exactly what they will do if we go into this thing like immature babies who aren't getting their way.

The only way we can be assured at all that they'll even listen is to go in with a level head and put our primary emphasis on the safety of our fellow Gaians and their personal information/computers.

Even if we change anything at all towards that end, it's a victory, and shows that mature, educated users who have their site's best interests in mind are really out there... which will prompt them to listen to us in the future.

I know this was a bit brutally honest. But we have to get real here, or we're doomed to failure or worse.

Jack "IceColdHaterade" Feuchtinger

**Note**
Topic left open for discussion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm
Oh, yeah! were you here when I posted my conversation with the getgambit guy? Funny story. A month ago or so, I talked to him again (as a SE sem assignment) and learned he is the CEO of gambit.  

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

The One Called Sketch
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 am
GigaForte
Oh, yeah! were you here when I posted my conversation with the getgambit guy? Funny story. A month ago or so, I talked to him again (as a SE sem assignment) and learned he is the CEO of gambit.

Yeeeaaaahhhh... that's not a two-bit opperation. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:36 am
Well, I'd like to think I'm on okay terms with him, so... we've got connections. ;D  

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Safer Offers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items