Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Our Chatterbox
This is annoying the crap out of me...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:16 am
Gaia is now promoting RIGs at the top of the page! I wonder how much money its costs to do that... maybe enough to run an event that EVERYONE can participate in?? they didn't have a Valentine's Day even tthis year, and i'm very dissapointed. there were New years events in previous years, but those have been cut as well!

My point is, Gaia could be spending thier money in a better way instead of promoteing the items that cost money so aggressively.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:27 pm
I'm really starting to despise the rigs. You have like a 90% chance of getting something crappy or cheap, causing you to buy more to get what you want, and the people who do get something awesome put it in the market place for insanely high prices that cause other users to hoard gold in an attempt to afford those items and mess up Gaia's economy.

Also like you mentioned the Staff is neglecting us because of them. They spend so much time creating, designing, and programing the rigs and evolving items that they have no time or energy to make events for us. If users get bored with Gaia and leave, greed will become it's downfall it seems.  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Keiko Dreams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:50 pm
It does seem rather likely that Gaia will die due to unchecked corporate greed. It's dying now. I wonder how long it will last? Logins are half what they were - that's got to hurt. Pretty soon they won't be able to keep 100+ people on their payroll.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 am
I am tired of the agressive advertising myself.
I miss events they used to be so much fun.
I made some of my best frends that way, and i actualy had fun at prom.  

Rhi Who

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:22 pm
Prom was always majorly fun. And no events = no new comics = no new plots = Boringggggggggggg  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:22 pm
I agree...
Gaia is becoming boring to the point where I hardly log in anymore...
I just come to check if someone pm'd me.... then I leave ^^;
I don't think I'll leave Gaia for good
but I don't think I'll be interested enough to participate in anything anymore.
I was disappointed in the summer event, and the valentines event, all these paid "events" where you get this box that randomly gives you an item.
I'm sick of those boxes DX

the reason why I won't leave Gaia is the fact that I paid for some EIs before, but I definitely won't pay for items with cash anymore. The aquarium is also disappointing... pretty soon more shops will open that require cash, and this site will turn into a pay to play. IF Gaia keeps its fans that is...  

Nostraamus

Friendly Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:15 pm
I don't think it will turn into pay and play, then A LOT of people will leave, includieng me!

I found an alternative though... I make my own events by role-playing in the B.O.O guild, a leftover of the Halloween Event. Yep, its still running, although its turned into a a crazy random Chatterbox! XD Oh well, we're continueing the story of BOO vs. SIN there through some awesome kick a** RPs since Gaia isin't doing it anymore! Someone should write a petition...

Hey, does anybody now if there will be prom?

I think they may be cutting bakc on events, one per season... stare When i joined there was one every 2 months, but now its dwindled. There was Prom YAY! then there was summer camp, ANOTHER YAY! then Halloween and Christmas YAY! But that was 2009.... I expected there ot be an annaversary but nuuuuu, it is not so. due to the past manga updates, there used to be more events.

it does look like there is another event coing up though...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm
xena91388
I'm really starting to despise the rigs. You have like a 90% chance of getting something crappy or cheap, causing you to buy more to get what you want, and the people who do get something awesome put it in the market place for insanely high prices that cause other users to hoard gold in an attempt to afford those items and mess up Gaia's economy.

Also like you mentioned the Staff is neglecting us because of them. They spend so much time creating, designing, and programing the rigs and evolving items that they have no time or energy to make events for us. If users get bored with Gaia and leave, greed will become it's downfall it seems.

I just buy the stuff other peple get that they don't want for free! I have a few that came form an RIG. Its a lot better than spending real money on a game of chance, and I'm guranteed to tget the item I actually want. But I might stop doing that... I'm still supporing RIGs witht that.

Yeah.. I get a lot of things that cost Gaia cash on the marketplace, but its mostly MCs that I plan on selling later.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 am
I admit, I miss the events as well, but.... STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT HERE

Really, adblock the rig icon in the header, go to site feedback and politely make a thread saying that you want more events during holidays such as new years and valentine.

The RIGs are not a safety risk, so at least keep these discussions in the chatterbox subforum neutral

Gaia sell them -> People buy them -> Gaia sell more -> More people buy

They wouldn't keep at it if it didn't profit them.

Moving this to chatterbox.  
Our Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff